Star Forge
Upcoming Events
HoloNet Feed
Drawing Board Feed
Latest Threads
Dulfy RSS
Donations
Container minimized. Expand
HoloTracker: Include (1) Character's In-Game Name, (2) Faction, and (3) Location
HoloTracker [1390]
10 hours ago
owo
You do not have access to chat.
Welcome to HoloTracker

Working...

Page
of 2

The Virtue

11 replies
Vivek x
Banned users
Warning
The Virtue has temporarily closed recruitment.

The Virtue

The Virtue is a Republic-side role play guild on The Ebon Hawk server. In-character, the Virtue is the code name of a rebel cell within The Alliance that carries out unique missions in order to thwart the oppression of the Eternal Empire. The Virtue utilizes customized character sheets and scene management tools to facilitate consistent and engaging role play, and features a fully functioning website, a dedicated Mumble server, and regular participation in PvE and PvP endgame content.

If you are interested in joining the Virtue, please continue reading to ensure your character(s) are compatible with the guild's premise, and you meet the requirements listed in our Recruitment Policies. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please send a PM to Vivek or any of the listed Officers.

Have a question, comment, or concern? Contact a Guild Leader or Officer in-game or by Private Message on Enjin. If no one is available, try /who Virtue in-game, and whisper any member online at the time.

Guild Leader: Vivek (in-game) or EnjinOfficer: Calaghan (in-game) or Enjin
Officer: Ath├źna (in-game) or Enjin

The Story So Far...

At the height of the Cold War, Jedi Knight Vivek Eron set out to assemble a group of like-minded individuals to join his mission against the Sith Empire, and the atrocities and injustices that went unnoticed or ignored by the Republic and Jedi Order throughout the galaxy. Knowing this group would be operating outside the law to circumvent the restrictions imposed by the Treaty of Coruscant, and knowing that they were not bound to the Jedi Code as he was, Vivek introduced seven virtues to serve as the group's moral anchors. However, special emphasis was placed on the seventh virtue, simplicity, which would not only go on to become the group's namesake, but served as a constant reminder of what their purpose was and to prevent them from abusing their self-imposed freedoms.

Over the next several years, extending well into the Galactic War, the Seventh Virtue inducted a number of individuals to its cause, from Jedi and Republic soldiers to ex-Sith and criminals, but also continued to operate in relative secrecy to address lesser-known conflicts. As the Seventh Virtue's membership expanded, they eventually recovered Corellia's Dagger, a Republic Thranta-Class Corvette, to serve as a mobile base-of-operations and garnered the financial support of Berwyn and Serik Vanamo, the CEOs of Vanamo Industries.

In the intervening years, Vivek had become dissatisfied with the Seventh Virtue, feeling it had strayed away from its original purpose, as well as began to draw too much attention to itself. And so, with a heavy heart, Vivek disbanded the Seventh Virtue in an effort to spare its membership from the fatal consequences of its actions in the past and recent years. The former members of the Seventh Virtue quickly became scattered and disconnected, leaving them alone to face the onslaught of the Eternal Empire upon its arrival.

Five years later, Vivek was drawn to whispers and rumors of the Alliance, a joint, large-scale effort led by the Outlander to break the Eternal Empire's rule of the known galaxy. When the Jedi Master finally made contact, the Alliance welcomed his allegiance with open arms, and even went as far as to place him in charge of his own rebel cell to serve their goals. Emboldened by his newfound purpose, Vivek saw the opportunity to seek out and recruit his former friends and allies to the Alliance's cause. However, after years of reflection, Vivek realized that, despite the former Seventh Virtue's intentions, its membership was hardly virtuous, but also recognized that the true unifying force was the universal concept of justice. And so, Vivek felt it immensely appropriate to name his rebel cell as the Virtue...

Guild Features and Activities

The Virtue was created during the Star Wars: The Old Republic's Pre-Launch Program, originating on the Sanctum of the Exalted server before being merged into The Ebon Hawk. Over the years, the guild has built up a unique identity in terms of its personality, and role play and game play preferences. Guild Members have access to, and can expect the following:

• A fully functioning website
  • A regularly occupied Mumble server, with occasional Cards Against Humanity
  • Regular participation on the EBHawk Community website and events
  • Customized character sheets for use in Guild role play
  • Free form social RP and DM'd objective-based RP
  • Unlimited alternate characters
  • A Guild Flagship (Corellia's Dagger) with Flagship summon privileges
  • A Guild Bank with generous withdraw and credit repair privileges
  • Skilled players willing and able to teach all Disciplines across all Classes
  • Moderate participation in Conquest
  • Frequent Hard Mode Flashpoint runs and weekly Operation runs
  • Moderate participation in endgame PvP
  • Occasional participation in GSF

Guild Member Policies

All Guild Members and all players interested in joining the Virtue are expected to acknowledge and adhere to the following. Failure to do so will result in warnings, and in extreme or repeated cases, removal from the guild.

• Respect everyone, regardless of Race, Ethnicity, Sex, Gender, Beliefs, Values, Guild, Faction, or Player Associations.

• Do not target Members or other Players with malicious intent (e.g. trolling, flame baiting, spam, and public call outs) in-game, on various community websites, or social media platforms.

• Maintain an active presence by participating in guild events and activities, posting to the website, and regularly logging into Mumble. And in the event of unforeseen circumstances that prevent attendance, or prolonged absences, notifying a Guild Leader/Officer in a timely manner.

• Due to the social nature of the guild, Mumble is required, especially for Operations, Guild Meetings, and select role play events and in-game activities. Even if a guild member does not possess a microphone, they are still expected to log in periodically.

• Create and maintain a customized character sheet for use in-guild only.

• Sign up to Calendar Events, especially Operations. Failure to do so may restrict participation.

Recruitment Policies

All Players interested in joining the Virtue must be at least eighteen years of age, and must complete an application. Accepted applicants will be given the rank of Recruit, expected to adhere to the aforementioned Guild Member policies, and placed on a 30-day trial period, which will be used to determine compatibility, both in-character and out-of-character.

During the 30-day trial period, Recruits are also expected to complete the following (some links may not be viewable until application is accepted):

• Complete a Character Sheet

• Complete a Character Dossier

• Complete an Alliance Recruitment Message, or consult a Guild Leader/Officer for the method of contact that makes the most sense. Please note that accepted Recruits will not be formally invited into the Virtue/Alliance until after their trial period has ended.

• Remember that Mumble is an integral aspect of the Virtue!

>>Apply Now<<
Posted Oct 6, 13 · OP · Last edited Jun 26, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Vivek x
Banned users
Updated! Pretty pictures inbound.
Posted Nov 21, 14 · OP
Mai
Neutral
Makes me wish my characters were good guys! Great bunch of people to RP with :)
enjin-130539-1363506414578519901-gray.png
Posted Nov 23, 14
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Vivek x
Banned users
wrote:
Makes me wish my characters were good guys! Great bunch of people to RP with :)

Post deleted due to report.
Posted Nov 23, 14 · OP · Last edited Nov 23, 14
Republic
A-Holes.gif
1421079008_Wilson-fuckface.png
Posted Jan 26, 15
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Vivek x
Banned users
The OP has been updated!

I would also like to announce that the Seventh Virtue will no longer be accepting applications or sending guild invites to players. This is temporary as we will be taking the time to get our house back in order. Not to worry, we'll still be active around the community and such, but again, we need to slow things down internally to get our bearings.
Posted Mar 22, 15 · OP
Vivek x
Banned users
Since it's been a few months since the Seventh Virtue has closed its doors to recruits, we've been asked by a few peeps about when we were planning to open recruitment back up. While I can't give any definite dates, our current plan is to re-open recruitment a couple weeks after the expansion, as we believe the time skip serves as a nice transition for a lot of in-character reasons.

When the time comes, expect an updated recruitment process, application, and Guild Policy.

It is also regrettable to report that we have received, either directly or notice of, less-than-savory comments with regards to the decisions and motivations behind closing recruitment in the first place. To dismiss some of these claims, I would like to clarify that the Seventh Virtue closed recruitment due to internal issues we felt needed to be resolved, and did not think it fair to expose new recruits to an environment we ourselves weren't happy with.

I am happy to report that we have made, and continue to make progress in resolving these issues -- these are things that cannot be fixed overnight -- and I believe we have reached a point where we are comfortable enough to reopen our doors some time after the expansion drops.

So yeah, just wanted to drop in here to dispel some rumors and give a small update on things.
Posted Aug 25, 15 · OP
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Vivek x
Banned users
The Virtue, formally known as the Seventh Virtue, has re-opened recruitment. All interested parties are asked to read our updated Guild policies and expectations prior to filling out an application. Thank you.
Posted Nov 22, 15 · OP
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Vivek x
Banned users
I've been asked to give this thread a bump, but while I'm at it, a few updates/clarifications:

1. If you're under 18, I do apologize, but we will decline your application. I know a few of you have approached me, and although we absolutely love you (most of you), we've had far too many unpleasant incidents due to underage peeps, that we would rather not deal with it. Not to mention, making exceptions for certain peeps is going to cause a ruckus, too. However! If you are under 18, and still interested in doing something with the Virtue, be it RP or PvP, please still feel free to poke me via PM or Skype.

2. New applicants! It's very important that you read our Guild Overview! You should know if your character is going to be a good fit for the Virtue well before you apply. Hint! We're the good guys. Murdering women and children, or what have you, for the sake of killing is not Virtue (and hopefully the Alliance) does.

3. Our Recruitment policy will need a bit of an update (when I find the time), but the gist of it is that there is a 30-day probation, or trial period, to gauge OOC and IC compatibility. I realize that we are an RP guild and all you may be interested in is RP, which is more than fine, but Mumble and the website are very integral to what we do. Not saying you need to be in Mumble 24/7 (like I try to be), but if you have to be asked to be on to attend guild meetings or to pop in and say "hello," the chances of you being fully approved aren't going to be hi. We really like to know the people in our guild, and Mumble is very important in facilitating those relationships.

4. Also, yes, we're still recruiting.
Posted Mar 8, 16 · OP
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Vivek x
Banned users
Updated the Virtue's Recruitment policies to be more explicit of what is expected of Recruits during their 30-day trial period.
Posted Mar 20, 16 · OP
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Page
of 2
NoticeNotices