WarningThe Virtue has temporarily closed recruitment.
The Virtue is a Republic-side role play guild on The Ebon Hawk server. In-character, the Virtue is the code name of a rebel cell within The Alliance that carries out unique missions in order to thwart the oppression of the Eternal Empire. The Virtue utilizes customized character sheets and scene management tools to facilitate consistent and engaging role play, and features a fully functioning website, a dedicated Mumble server, and regular participation in PvE and PvP endgame content.
If you are interested in joining the Virtue, please continue reading to ensure your character(s) are compatible with the guild's premise, and you meet the requirements listed in our Recruitment Policies. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please send a PM to Vivek or any of the listed Officers.
Have a question, comment, or concern? Contact a Guild Leader or Officer in-game or by Private Message on Enjin. If no one is available, try /who Virtue in-game, and whisper any member online at the time.
The Story So Far...
At the height of the Cold War, Jedi Knight Vivek Eron set out to assemble a group of like-minded individuals to join his mission against the Sith Empire, and the atrocities and injustices that went unnoticed or ignored by the Republic and Jedi Order throughout the galaxy. Knowing this group would be operating outside the law to circumvent the restrictions imposed by the Treaty of Coruscant, and knowing that they were not bound to the Jedi Code as he was, Vivek introduced seven virtues to serve as the group's moral anchors. However, special emphasis was placed on the seventh virtue, simplicity, which would not only go on to become the group's namesake, but served as a constant reminder of what their purpose was and to prevent them from abusing their self-imposed freedoms.
Over the next several years, extending well into the Galactic War, the Seventh Virtue inducted a number of individuals to its cause, from Jedi and Republic soldiers to ex-Sith and criminals, but also continued to operate in relative secrecy to address lesser-known conflicts. As the Seventh Virtue's membership expanded, they eventually recovered Corellia's Dagger, a Republic Thranta-Class Corvette, to serve as a mobile base-of-operations and garnered the financial support of Berwyn and Serik Vanamo, the CEOs of Vanamo Industries.
In the intervening years, Vivek had become dissatisfied with the Seventh Virtue, feeling it had strayed away from its original purpose, as well as began to draw too much attention to itself. And so, with a heavy heart, Vivek disbanded the Seventh Virtue in an effort to spare its membership from the fatal consequences of its actions in the past and recent years. The former members of the Seventh Virtue quickly became scattered and disconnected, leaving them alone to face the onslaught of the Eternal Empire upon its arrival.
Five years later, Vivek was drawn to whispers and rumors of the Alliance, a joint, large-scale effort led by the Outlander to break the Eternal Empire's rule of the known galaxy. When the Jedi Master finally made contact, the Alliance welcomed his allegiance with open arms, and even went as far as to place him in charge of his own rebel cell to serve their goals. Emboldened by his newfound purpose, Vivek saw the opportunity to seek out and recruit his former friends and allies to the Alliance's cause. However, after years of reflection, Vivek realized that, despite the former Seventh Virtue's intentions, its membership was hardly virtuous, but also recognized that the true unifying force was the universal concept of justice. And so, Vivek felt it immensely appropriate to name his rebel cell as the Virtue...
Guild Features and Activities
The Virtue was created during the Star Wars: The Old Republic's Pre-Launch Program, originating on the Sanctum of the Exalted server before being merged into The Ebon Hawk. Over the years, the guild has built up a unique identity in terms of its personality, and role play and game play preferences. Guild Members have access to, and can expect the following:
- A fully functioning website
- A regularly occupied Mumble server, with occasional Cards Against Humanity
- Regular participation on the EBHawk Community website and events
- Customized character sheets for use in Guild role play
- Free form social RP and DM'd objective-based RP
- Unlimited alternate characters
- A Guild Flagship (Corellia's Dagger) with Flagship summon privileges
- A Guild Bank with generous withdraw and credit repair privileges
- Skilled players willing and able to teach all Disciplines across all Classes
- Moderate participation in Conquest
- Frequent Hard Mode Flashpoint runs and weekly Operation runs
- Moderate participation in endgame PvP
- Occasional participation in GSF
Guild Member Policies
All Guild Members and all players interested in joining the Virtue are expected to acknowledge and adhere to the following. Failure to do so will result in warnings, and in extreme or repeated cases, removal from the guild.
- Respect everyone, regardless of Race, Ethnicity, Sex, Gender, Beliefs, Values, Guild, Faction, or Player Associations.
- Do not target Members or other Players with malicious intent (e.g. trolling, flame baiting, spam, and public call outs) in-game, on various community websites, or social media platforms.
- Maintain an active presence by participating in guild events and activities, posting to the website, and regularly logging into Mumble. And in the event of unforeseen circumstances that prevent attendance, or prolonged absences, notifying a Guild Leader/Officer in a timely manner.
- Due to the social nature of the guild, Mumble is required, especially for Operations, Guild Meetings, and select role play events and in-game activities. Even if a guild member does not possess a microphone, they are still expected to log in periodically.
- Create and maintain a customized character sheet for use in-guild only.
- Sign up to Calendar Events, especially Operations. Failure to do so may restrict participation.
All Players interested in joining the Virtue must be at least eighteen years of age, and must complete an application. Accepted applicants will be given the rank of Recruit, expected to adhere to the aforementioned Guild Member policies, and placed on a 30-day trial period, which will be used to determine compatibility, both in-character and out-of-character.
During the 30-day trial period, Recruits are also expected to complete the following (some links may not be viewable until application is accepted):
- Complete a Character Sheet
- Complete a Character Dossier
- Complete an Alliance Recruitment Message, or consult a Guild Leader/Officer for the method of contact that makes the most sense. Please note that accepted Recruits will not be formally invited into the Virtue/Alliance until after their trial period has ended.
- Remember that Mumble is an integral aspect of the Virtue!