Star Forge
HoloNet Feed
Drawing Board Feed
Latest Threads
Dulfy RSS
Donations
Container minimized. Expand
HoloTracker: Include (1) Character's In-Game Name, (2) Faction, and (3) Location
HoloTracker [1412]
You do not have access to chat.
Welcome to HoloTracker

Working...

Are there more academies and temples?

3 replies
Untagged users
I just recently read the Star Wars novel Red Harvest and its history in regards to another Sith Academy set on the cold planet
Odacer-Faustin. As far as I was concerned, only Coruscant, Tython, and Korriban were homes to institutes such as these for Force-Users. It does seem like a stretch that only these places would house the hundreds, if not thousands of Jedi and Sith in this time.

This is why I come here today with the following questions:
  • Were there more than one Jedi Temple located on Tython? The same thing goes to Korriban.
  • Were there other planets that also had their own Jedi Temples or Academies that were not abandoned?

Or perhaps there's a chance that these do exist, but just aren't explored the same way as the two main ones set in this timeline. And it doesn't have to be necessarily a Sith Academy or a Jedi Temple; other types of buildings that possessed teachers and students works all the same.
ZMd3xPf.png
Posted Apr 10, 19 · OP · Last edited Apr 11, 19
Empire
There is/was canonically a Jedi temple on Ilum in the game, and before the retaking of Korriban, the Empire used to train Sith acolytes on Dromund Kaas. The Ilum temple's fate is questionable, but acolytes are likely still trained on Dromund Kaas.
Posted Apr 10, 19 · Last edited Apr 10, 19
Donor
Republic
There is only one Jedi Temple on Tython at this time, yes - but there are several other complexes such as the Masters' Retreat that exist on the world. Depending on how you want to treat the Old Lore, the ruins of the Je'daii Temples would also still exist.

As far as other worlds - in broad strokes, yes. While I don't know which are and aren't canonically abandoned, the concept of more localized Enclaves, Temples, and Academies is well-established in lore. I don't think we can have our Taris Enclave however - it's a bit dead. Some folk still make use of Ilum, Dantooine seems to be hinted at remnant populations, and Ossus obviously has a presence. There are likely several more with small enclaves - and that's without touching on the idea of mobile enclaves. The Crusading Chapter is clearly the finest Chapter of the Adeptus Jedi

As far as other traditions, I do not know if they have grand structures, but I would expect there to be something roughly equivalent for the Luka Sene of the Miraluka, the Baran Do of the Kel Dor, the various Mirialan traditions, et cetera. However these would likely be restricted to their homeworlds, and potentially somewhat hard to get in-character access to.
Posted Apr 11, 19
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Donor
Empire
These are all the facilities I'm aware of that have been mentioned or visited during SWTOR:

JEDI TEMPLES

CORELLIA: Green Jedi Enclave
CORUSCANT: Jedi Temple
DANTOOINE: Jedi Enclave
ILUM: Jedi Temple
OSSUS: Great Jedi Library
TARIS: Jedi Enclave
TYTHON: Jedi Temple

SITH ACADEMIES

DROMUND KAAS: Sith Academy
KORRIBAN: Sith Academy
MALACHOR V: Trayus Academy