Star Forge
HoloNet Feed
Drawing Board Feed
Latest Threads
Dulfy RSS
Donations
Container minimized. Expand
HoloTracker: Include (1) Character's In-Game Name, (2) Faction, and (3) Location
HoloTracker [1412]
You do not have access to chat.
Welcome to HoloTracker

Working...

[Mercenary] Raiding Colony Vao

6 replies
Neutral
MERCENARY

PERSONAL SECURITY / DIRECT ACTION

Situation:
Mission: All right, here's the deal. This Cathar settlement on Taris--called Colony Vao--got kriffed right up. A Sith Lord tore the place up to give a big middle finger to the Republic's idea to resettle the place (and it's this client's opinion that whoever had that idea deserves to see it get torn down), and Rakghouls moved into the ghost town Vao became. But there's something I need that's locked up in that town, and that's where you fine mercenary folks come in. I need you to get me into Colony Vao, keep the Raks off my back, and get me out of there with the stuff I need in one piece. Oh, and don't worry about what you get out of this deal. You all keep me happy, I'll keep you happy.

Welp, think that about covers it. Bring your brain and your blasters, and let's see if we can have a good time with this, yeah?
Desired End State: Getting what I want out of Colony Vao, and getting the rest of us out in one piece with it.
Obstacles: Rakghouls. A whole kriffing nest of them. And maybe some more beasties past that, I don't know for sure; for obvious reasons, I haven't gone in and checked too deeply.

Reward: 85,000 credits.

Bonus Reward: Colony Vao used to be full of Cathar who snorted their "heritage and history" like spice. They might have some neat stuff lying around, and if you find it? All yours.
Bonus Conditions: Clear out the Raks, you're free to loot whatever you feel like. But if I say to not touch something, you don't touch it, or your pay goes down the 'fresher.

Client: Lyn Selus (Empire)

Additional Information:
Since we're dealing with Raks, make sure you do this smart, okay? I can bring some vaccines, but I've got a lot on my plate and won't be able to give the stuff to more than about four or five people (not counting myself). And if you get yourself infected because you didn't think to take your meds first, well...that’ll be on you.

Out-of-Character Information:
Hey, all! Trying a merc contract again, led by a new-ish character who--depending on my other commitments (and how we'll she's received)--I may use more down the road. What I’m mostly trying to do with this is inject some life into the contractor’s board, so combat should be standard d20 rolls without much in the way of complications (though the option for said complications is there for people who don’t feel the need to get vaccinated…more on that if/when we get to it).

There’s room for a max of five people on this, and once I get an idea of who’s interested, we’ll work out a date and time. Happy hunting!
Posted Mar 29, 19 · OP · Last edited Mar 30, 19
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Neutral
I would be interested in this event! It sounds like a good time.
Posted Mar 29, 19
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Neutral
I'd love to send Valkine to this! Though, whether he'd go as Valkine, or as his alias Corvis Balis is undecided.
Posted Mar 30, 19
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Neutral
Idesu and Twi'bacca (Sheyna) would definitely be down! They're broke and have a ship to repair, so time for mercwork. :>
Posted Mar 30, 19
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Neutral
Lurriashia will definetly take an interest in this.
Posted Mar 30, 19
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Neutral
And that's all five slots filled!

Those who signed up can expect a DM relatively soon. Thanks for the interest!
Posted Mar 30, 19 · OP
Neutral
The mission has been successfully completed by the party of Idesu, Sheyna Ven, Valkine Thuul, and Lurriashia! Lyn has gotten what she wanted out of this venture, and will send the promised credits to the participating mercs.

Thanks to everyone who made it to this (in spite of my various scheduling kerfuffles)! Here's to more contract events in the future.
Posted 15 hours ago · OP
NoticeNotices