Game Update: 5.10.3 The Dantooine Incursion
Release Date: TBD
Datamined information often contains spoilers related to upcoming content related to the SWTOR
This post may
contain story-related spoilers.
I’ve been holding off for several days on revealing the speculative information that Dantooine was about to make an in-game appearance; I’m glad I did! In addition to an official announcement
from Bioware that Dantooine will be the setting of an upcoming daily and event area, Jedipedia(dot)net has posted a wealth of datamined information hinting at some possible features concerning the update.
According to the swtor.com
official article, GU 5.10.3 will continue the current story of reemerging hostilities between the Galactic Republic and the Sith Empire. This time, the Empire has continued its offensive against the Republic by employing the Nova Blades
pirate gang (remember them from Shadow of Revan?!) to attack the Republic military staging and agricultural world of Dantooine.
- FACTION-SPECIFIC DAILY MISSIONS. Judging by the Abilities and Achievements sections of the datamined info, Dantooine will likely be structured similarly to Ossus, whereby players will carry out missions specifically to support their own faction’s advancement on the planet.
- CONQUEST: CONQUEROR OF DANTOOINE. Like most of the accessible in-game planets, there will be an achievement (most certainly accompanied by a Legacy title of the same name) for topping the Conquest Leaderboard for invading Dantooine.
- HIDDEN ACHIEVEMENTS. There appear to be a handful of hidden, mainly non-combat achievements that will take the player to a handful of planets where pirate activity is prevalent including Rishi, Dantooine, and Ossus.
- WEAPONS: Blastech Blasters. A rifle, pistol, and sniper rifle from the prominent weapons manufacturer.
- ARMOR: Resort Swimwear Top. It’ll be nice to see if it has a “normal,” non-combative look.
- MOUNT: Thranta. How cool would this be?!
- NEW REPUTATION ORGANIZATION. I couldn’t find the name(s) of the new organization(s), but there are the standard three-tiered reputation items for advancing reputation.
- NEW COMPANION/CONTACT: Commodore Tessa Pardax. There’s not much information on this character, as yet. It could be this person replaced Commodore Mardok as leader of the Nova Blades. My hypothesis: similar to Tau Idair and Major Anri, this NPC may only accompany the player character on Dantooine and will likely not be a permanent companion.
- STORY ADVANCEMENT. Unlike most other game events (e.g., Bountry Contract Week, Relics of the Gree, etc.) which are principally standalone events, it appears Dantooine Incursion may advance the game story just a bit. The story mission seems to be called Hearts and Minds for both factions. Two new characters, Alec Ranin (Republic) and Lord Izar (Imperial) seem to be the player’s points of contact. Other NPCs that may make an appearance in the update include: Admiral Aygo, Colonel Trazen (Imperial), Darth Malgus, Darth Krovos, General Daeruun, Major Vindo (Republic), Master Zai-Uram, Doctor Oggurobb, Hylo Visz, Koth Vortena, Lana Beniko, and others!
It will certainly be great to have additional story / background content that highlights the reawakened conflict between the Republic and Empire. Wars on a galactic-scale tend to affect all manner of characters and RPers playing military service members, Jedi, Sith, farmers, bounty hunters, smugglers, private business employees, etc. should take full advantage of the continuing story.
I hope that an update following closely on the heels of Ossus will serve as a shot-in-the-arm to RPers interested in RPing Republic and Jedi characters since so much of the recent content has taken place on Republic or Jedi-aligned worlds.
That the update is centered on a pirate attack on a Republic military-staging planet is rather thrilling to me personally as I begin to bring my BLEAK HUNT
story to a close, which also had a similar focus on pirate activities.