Star Forge
HoloNet Feed
Drawing Board Feed
Latest Threads
Dulfy RSS
Donations
Container minimized. Expand
HoloTracker: Include (1) Character's In-Game Name, (2) Faction, and (3) Location
HoloTracker [1412]
You do not have access to chat.
Welcome to HoloTracker

Working...

[Spoilers] SWTOR Datamining

3 replies
Graphic Artist
Republic
swtor_miner and swtor_potato used to be prominent dataminers, but have both quit the game since 2016. These days, the following sources usually provide datamined updates:

https://swtor.jedipedia.net/en
https://www.reddit.com/user/jedipedia
http://dulfy.net/category/swtor/

Please note that this thread will (obviously) contain spoilers.
Posted Mar 19, 19 · OP
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Donor
Empire
Hello, SF RPers! I regularly explore datamined information concerning the game. Personally, I prefer to use Jedipedia(dot)net’s SWTOR Database which seems to do the best job of providing the most up-to-date datamined information. I’ll endeavor to assist in keeping this thread updated with the most recent datamined information. I probably won’t recreate an exhaustive list of datamined information but merely provide the highlights or items of interest to me.

Readers are reminded that datamined information often contains SPOILER information, so be sure to stay away if you don’t wish to see those details.
Posted Mar 22, 19
Donor
Empire
Game Update: 5.10.2 Heralds of Victory (PTS)

Release Date: Active

SPOILER WARNING

Datamined information often contains spoilers related to upcoming content related to the SWTOR story.

This post does not contain story-related spoilers.

SUMMARY

This post highlights information concerning changes that are currently available on the PTS server. The updates coming with GU 5.10.2 are expected to be released in April 2019.

HIGHLIGHTS

1. Disguise Terminal: Bith Band. Similar to the disguise terminals that have already been released for Hutts, wookiees, Republic and Imperial troopers among others, it appears as though we may soon be getting another disguise terminal for a Bith musician band. Judging by several of the abilities mentioned in the datamined information, it looks like there will be several abilities to use while disguised as a Bith musician that will allow players to play musical instruments.
  2. New Flairs. There are three new prospective flairs to be released: Cantina 2019, Chicago '19, and Wastelander.
  3. Primitive Dweller's Decoration Bundle. You can see in the datamined info that this includes things like drums, workbenches, torches, floor tiles, etc. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say these items might be styled in the theme of items belonging to the Ysanna survivors of the Cron Supernova on Ossus. Just my theory.
  4. Sovereign Executioner Weapon Bundle. Looks like it may contain four melee weapons.

RP POTENTIAL

On many occasions, RPers will host social RP events in the theme of a party, dinner, cantina, or something similar. I've often seen the hosts for these events ask or arrange for RPers to serve as caterers, waiters/waitresses, janitors, security, and other relevant staff. I think the prospective Bith Disguise will be a great boon to RPers hosting social events as a means to add more color and flavor to their events.

More decorations are always a great asset to RPers, allowing them to configure their Strongholds for specific RP uses. The Primitive Dweller-themed decorations are sure to prove valuable to RPers with niche related interests.
Posted Mar 22, 19 · Last edited Mar 22, 19
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Donor
Empire
Game Update: 5.10.3 The Dantooine Incursion

Release Date: TBD

SPOILER WARNING

Datamined information often contains spoilers related to upcoming content related to the SWTOR story.

This post may contain story-related spoilers.

SUMMARY

I’ve been holding off for several days on revealing the speculative information that Dantooine was about to make an in-game appearance; I’m glad I did! In addition to an official announcement from Bioware that Dantooine will be the setting of an upcoming daily and event area, Jedipedia(dot)net has posted a wealth of datamined information hinting at some possible features concerning the update.

Story Update: According to the swtor.com official article, GU 5.10.3 will continue the current story of reemerging hostilities between the Galactic Republic and the Sith Empire. This time, the Empire has continued its offensive against the Republic by employing the Nova Blades pirate gang (remember them from Shadow of Revan?!) to attack the Republic military staging and agricultural world of Dantooine.

HIGHLIGHTS

1. FACTION-SPECIFIC DAILY MISSIONS. Judging by the Abilities and Achievements sections of the datamined info, Dantooine will likely be structured similarly to Ossus, whereby players will carry out missions specifically to support their own faction’s advancement on the planet.
  2. CONQUEST: CONQUEROR OF DANTOOINE. Like most of the accessible in-game planets, there will be an achievement (most certainly accompanied by a Legacy title of the same name) for topping the Conquest Leaderboard for invading Dantooine.
  3. HIDDEN ACHIEVEMENTS. There appear to be a handful of hidden, mainly non-combat achievements that will take the player to a handful of planets where pirate activity is prevalent including Rishi, Dantooine, and Ossus.
  4. WEAPONS: Blastech Blasters. A rifle, pistol, and sniper rifle from the prominent weapons manufacturer.
  5. ARMOR: Resort Swimwear Top. It’ll be nice to see if it has a “normal,” non-combative look.
  6. MOUNT: Thranta. How cool would this be?!
  7. NEW REPUTATION ORGANIZATION. I couldn’t find the name(s) of the new organization(s), but there are the standard three-tiered reputation items for advancing reputation.
  8. NEW COMPANION/CONTACT: Commodore Tessa Pardax. There’s not much information on this character, as yet. It could be this person replaced Commodore Mardok as leader of the Nova Blades. My hypothesis: similar to Tau Idair and Major Anri, this NPC may only accompany the player character on Dantooine and will likely not be a permanent companion.
  9. STORY ADVANCEMENT. Unlike most other game events (e.g., Bountry Contract Week, Relics of the Gree, etc.) which are principally standalone events, it appears Dantooine Incursion may advance the game story just a bit. The story mission seems to be called Hearts and Minds for both factions. Two new characters, Alec Ranin (Republic) and Lord Izar (Imperial) seem to be the player’s points of contact. Other NPCs that may make an appearance in the update include: Admiral Aygo, Colonel Trazen (Imperial), Darth Malgus, Darth Krovos, General Daeruun, Major Vindo (Republic), Master Zai-Uram, Doctor Oggurobb, Hylo Visz, Koth Vortena, Lana Beniko, and others!

RP POTENTIAL

It will certainly be great to have additional story / background content that highlights the reawakened conflict between the Republic and Empire. Wars on a galactic-scale tend to affect all manner of characters and RPers playing military service members, Jedi, Sith, farmers, bounty hunters, smugglers, private business employees, etc. should take full advantage of the continuing story.

I hope that an update following closely on the heels of Ossus will serve as a shot-in-the-arm to RPers interested in RPing Republic and Jedi characters since so much of the recent content has taken place on Republic or Jedi-aligned worlds.

That the update is centered on a pirate attack on a Republic military-staging planet is rather thrilling to me personally as I begin to bring my BLEAK HUNT story to a close, which also had a similar focus on pirate activities.
Posted Apr 4, 19 · Last edited Apr 4, 19
NoticeNotices