Star Forge
Upcoming Events
HoloNet Feed
Drawing Board Feed
Latest Threads
Dulfy RSS
Donations
Container minimized. Expand
HoloTracker: Include (1) Character's In-Game Name, (2) Faction, and (3) Location
HoloTracker [1391]
You do not have access to chat.
Welcome to HoloTracker

Working...

Status of guild ship grinding?

2 replies
Empire
I was wondering what the current state of unlocking guild ships is like. A preliminary look at the GTN shows that the encryptions that were about 1-5 mill when I left are now in the 30-50 mill range. Is it basically impossible to unlock a ship now, or does the high cost reflect the fact there's fewer people doing conquest so it's easier to earn encryptions that way?

I'm really confused at the moment so any input is valuable!
wraithssig_zps16fa660e.png
Posted Dec 27, 18 · OP
Developer
Donor
Neutral
Do you mean encryptions or frameworks? Encryptions are cheap, usually no more than 700k - 1 mil. Frameworks are what run 30 - 70 mil.

The high cost reflects the fact that inflation is and continues to be a problem in SWTOR. They aren't that much easier to get than they were, but 30 - 50 mil also isn't the crazy amount it used to be.
Posted Dec 27, 18
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Empire
What Dakhath said.

Encryptions are relatively inexpensive but you need a ton of them to craft a single framework. It is usually the frameworks that run well into the double digit millions. The best method for obtaining frameworks is still going after named enemy Commanders and hoping a Conquest guild doesn't get there first.

On that note if you or another person who stumbles across this thread need help from people outside their guild in obtaining encryptions or frameworks from PVE, I may be down for that. All I'd ask in return is a single encryption. I have a DPS in augmented 248s Imp side and a similarly geared Sage healer that can accompany Rep Ops groups.

Depending on where and when it takes place I know a couple people who might be interested in joining as well, if you need more.
Posted Jan 1, 19 · Last edited Jan 1, 19
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
NoticeNotices