AMARTHANOR _ EPSILON
B A S I C _ I N F O R M A T I O N
AGE 37 BORN 14 BTC, Eres III SPECIES Human GENDER Male
OCCUPATION Jedi Knight AFFILIATIONS Jedi/Republic
APPARENT AGE Late Thirties HAIR Well Groomed Brown EYES Hazel SKIN Light Tan
BUILD Defined HEIGHT 179 cm WEIGHT 88.6 kg
b1zyuCi.png
A P P E A R A N C E

Wispy brown hair curls gently atop his head showing signs of attempted grooming, adding to his generally placid features. His eyes seem to be sunken slightly inward as if they have seen one to many winters. Across his chest he has a long scar from his childhood.

luA3CXn.png
R E L A T I O N S H I P S

Ardan Beroya - Aquantance/Hostile

P E R S O N A L I T Y

Amar desires balance in his life, seeking nonviolent solutions first and formost even when he himself knows that there will be no peaceful resolution. He is emotionally scarred from a traumatic childhood experience involving a Mandalorian Raid.

As far as the Jedi Code is concerned, he believes in following it mostly to the letter with one caveat. Love: Love in its purest form is the highest and noblest aspiration one can attain. It is through love that one will attempt to be truly selfless, willing to even sacrifice ones own life for another. Yet he does not share this opinion with just anyone, for he is sworn to duty as both a Jedi and servant of the Republic.

gmrtI9c.png
H I S T O R Y

Amar was born on Eres III some time after the Crusades. However his village still lived in fear of Mandalorian war bands that would occasionally fall upon the settlements like birds of prey. These bands would pillage and burn just to slake their thirst for blood and the necessary sacrifices to Kad'Harangir. During one of these such raids he saw his father and mother be put to the sword. He looked up to see a gleaming suit of red and black armor. The commando turned on Amar, and cut him across the chest, saying in basic: "It is out of mercy I kill you and spare you from a life of terror and death."

However, Amar did not die, he was sustained through the force, falling into a trancelike state. A miraluka jedi master named, Horan Ti'ganda was dispatched to look for any survivors. Shocked at the ruthless efficiency of the Mandalorians, he had given up hope when he felt a faint echo of the force. Following it to a mass grave, he searched through the dead till he found the boy, his wound bleeding very slowly. Using the force he healed the young Amar and took him to Lothal for his initial training.

During this time Amar spent hours pouring over texts and documents seeking to understand the Mandalorians. His Master's did not encourage his study however did not forbid him. He excelled at his studies eventually going to Tython for the formal conclusion of his padawan training. He was Knighted shortly after and sent to the planet of Tatooine hunting down an ancient artifact lost in the dune sea.

While following a jawa guide, he became lost in a storm only to wander into a small moisture farm. The family agreed to shelter him from the storm and after some months he began to wonder what a life would be like apart from the jedi. The time was peaceful and he developed feelings for one the farmer's daughters. Conflicted he renewed his quest to hunt for the artifact, returning to the homestead once it was found. Upon returning he was met by the farmer telling him that Lorgha the Hutt had sent mercenaries to enslave his family until he payed for his debts.

Amar sought out Lorgha on Nar Shaddaa offering the artifact in exchange for the family. Lorgha greedily accepted turning them over to him. He then returned the family to their homestead. However once there, he found Master Ti'ganda waiting for him. Ti'ganda corrected his pupil for his tardiness and emotional weakness, but could not find fault with his actions.

Together they returned to the jedi only to find the republic in a proxy war with the Empire. For the next several years he fought in numerous open conflicts chronicling all the events. When Zakuul invaded he went into hiding with the other jedi survivors, but returned to the republic on a new mission, recover the artifact from Lorgha, little did he know that he would be too late...

t h e m e _ b y _ r a v n i e
w / _ s o m e _ i n s p i r a t i o n _ f r o m _ s a m f