Mar 10 '19
08:00 PM
HoloNet Feed
Drawing Board Feed
Latest Threads
Dulfy RSS
Donations
Container minimized. Expand
HoloTracker: Include (1) Character's In-Game Name, (2) Faction, and (3) Location
HoloTracker [1359]
You do not have access to chat.
Welcome to HoloTracker

Working...

[Interest check] Smuggler is love... Smuggler is li-credits

3 replies
Untagged users
Well hello everyone. I recently started role-playing in this game, and I've been having way to much fun with my smuggler (For those who saw me, I'm Krisnargra. Is an alias, don't lore nazi me on Twi'lek names)

But, as far I see... I don't see that smugglers have the love they deserve. Not the class, but rather the profession.

So I was thinking... What can I do to make it nice and fun?
For now I was proving the RP by doing things on my own, like using discord to announce where I was, sending ic adds... And people actually hired me! I was excited to be part in their ideas! I was hired by a guild for a job, a person that wanted to smuggle illegal goods, and one that almost destroyed my ship... (Damn you Sith! *SHAKING FIST*)

So how I can escalate that? We all had fun, and I got the chance to do what I like.

Then it came to me of a crew, made of roleplayers wishing to do anything for profit. The idea is basically making a guild with misfits willing to join as crew of my ship. So far I tested recruiting people, and I only do it icly while talking casually. I do this because it feels real, giving all the details to those interested. This helped me to get in contact with people that were really really interested on something new, and I saw the potential.

Here comes the hard part... In order for this to work, I need to provide content for my members, and can do with a guild story Arc and so on. But I don't want that! I want other guilds to 'use' our services. I can see some of you frowning now because drama may happen, and all that. But the idea is to collaborate by participating, as is their story, and we are extras there only for the money.

So what you people think? I would love to do it, but it requires time and a lot of effort. If is not gonna work because guilds center on their arcs only, I may not do it.

Ty for the future tips!
Posted Dec 10, 18 · OP
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Empire
I believe that creating a guild for the sake of participating in the activities and works of others is unnecessary when, instead, and through useful tools such as discord and the ingame chat channels, you can make a crew without needing the guild, and achieve the same thing, which allows people to be wherever they wished to be in the game while still remaining able to participate in whatever work you and yours have gotten into :)
HbIlWOc.png
Posted Dec 11, 18
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Neutral
I agree with smugglers needing some love, but I also agree a band of characters can RP a crew without being in a guild. Guilds are great too, don't get me wrong, but having been a GM, it is a ton of work. I have been kicking around putting together a "crew" myself and using the ship from the Rishi stronghold as a base of operations. When I get one of my smuggs leveled up some, I would be more then happy to come for some good smuggler role play.
Posted Dec 11, 18
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Neutral
That sounds like a great idea. I can't wait to hear about the adventures you all have!
Posted Dec 19, 18
NoticeNotices