k3oeu.png
''The Art of the Blade' or: 'The Lightsaber and its Associated Combat'',
by Jedi Battlemaster Emoral Heliolite.

ehkt2r.png

Form I: Shii-Cho (FINAL DRAFT AVAILABLE)
Spoiler: Plain TextShow

Form II: Makashi (FINAL DRAFT AVAILABLE)
I should like to credit Terra Prime Lightsaber Academy and the Martial Traveler for their works, which I have used and now credited under Creative Licence. The art is not my own, and has been obtained from the Wookiepedia Galleries. If any breach is discerned, please contact me immediately.

Form III: Soresu (FINAL DRAFT IN PROGRESS - APPROX. ONE SECTION FROM COMPLETION. DRAFT AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST.)

Form IV: Ataru (FIRST DRAFT COMPLETE; FINAL DRAFT UNAVAILABLE)

Form V: Shien / Djem So (FIRST DRAFT COMPLETE; FINAL DRAFT UNAVAILABLE)

Form VI: Niman (FIRST DRAFT COMPLETE; FINAL DRAFT UNAVAILABLE)

Form VII: Juyo-Kos (FIRST DRAFT COMPLETE; FINAL DRAFT UNAVAILABLE)

OOC Notes:
  • The Premise: For past forever, I have been writing a series of IC essays from the point of view of my character, Jedi Master Emoral Heliolite – a Jedi Battlemaster at the apex of his career. These essays will come together to form a book, 'The Art of the Blade or: The Lightsaber and its Associated Combat.'

• Is it IC yet? As these essays are not yet finished, and I am in the process of writing their Final Drafts, I would consider them 'Semi-IC'. By this, I mean to say that ICly, the book has been published, and has been for some years now - now several editions in. Thus, those which one can read (and even those one cannot, yet), may be treated as being read in-character. Having said that, however, appreciate that these essays are still subject to (and will) change in small way, largely due to the imperfections of my OOC self (whether that be in typos, grammar, or clarity of expression). This would not be the case IC. This book is also in Sith hands, having come to their possession in any number of ways, being common amongst the Jedi.

• On Mistakes: Let me know, whether that be in the realms of grammatical, syntactical, structural, extrapolative (by way of my lore understanding) errors or areas of debate. Any and all constructive feedback would be greatly appreciated.

• On Passing This Off As One's Own: Please don't. A great deal of time has gone into this - and not just mine, but that of those who have been kindly proofreading and discussing elements along the way, and that of those sources I have credited above. I would welcome anyone who may wish to copy the links from this thread to their individual forums, though would ask they endeavour to keep up-to-date with any updates. I shall post any and all announcements of such in this thread.

• On Contributing:

• One may note, in the style of the Jedi Path, the margins have a couple of notes. I should like more of these, so if any characters, whether Jedi or Sith, should wish to contribute to this dynamic, as though they would have written upon the original text (as it would have fallen into Sith hands after the Attack on Tython), please PM me. I need only know where in the text you should like the comment, that which the comment should say, and a font in which to write it. That contribution should make this project just that little bit more vibrant in the RP Community.

• Should any Jedi Knights / Masters or Sith Lords / Darths who are known as being masters of a particular Lightsaber Form like to contribute by being a Case Study, do also get in touch! All it requires is for our charaters to have engaged in combat at some point, for which he (I) can write up a commentary ex post facto, delineating how his adversary sparred / duelled.

• Should any Jedi Initiate / Padawan like to contribute to the essay sections, this would require a response to the questions at the end of the essay. Thus far, only the Normative Section has been completed, but if anyone is interested, do also get in touch. Otherwise, I shall write some myself from an NPC's point-of-view.

Many thanks,
Emoral Heliolite
Discord: Emoral Heliolite #4461