Mar 10 '19
08:00 PM
HoloNet Feed
Drawing Board Feed
Latest Threads
Dulfy RSS
Donations
Container minimized. Expand
HoloTracker: Include (1) Character's In-Game Name, (2) Faction, and (3) Location
HoloTracker [1359]
You do not have access to chat.
Welcome to HoloTracker

Working...

[Interest Check] - Mercenary Shenanigans

3 replies
Neutral
Hello everyone! Just creating this post to determine how many players would be interested in joining my event series and who my target audience will be. As you may know, I roleplay a mercenary character by the name of Boulder. Throughout the years, I have been a part of multiple roleplay groups and guilds. I’ve seen how these groups have managed their own stories, events, and systems. Now, I feel confident to run some events myself.

I’ll start by explaining some events that I’m interested in creating. I want adventure—to explore the depths of the galaxy and encounter new species, governments, creatures, civilizations, weapons, and elements. Whether it be fighting under the Empire, Republic, or underworld bosses, I am very interested in the mercenary aspect of things . However, I would like to draw away from these just a tad and bring various factions that will be encountered when venturing the galaxy. The focus of these events will still be based on mercenary gameplay.

I’ll be honest, my knowledge of what’s currently happening in the storyline of SWTOR is scarce. The reason for my inattentiveness lies in the fact that I don’t see it affecting my character all that much. That’s another reason why I’m straying away from the highlights of the game and creating a platform to express my creativity. This way, my events will not contradict or clash with what’s going on in the SWTOR storyline.

Currently, I have a basic concept of a upcoming event that involves taking siege of a land infested by pirates. Marauders have taken hold of an agriworld and enslaved its inhabitants. Our characters will be hired by these farming settlements to push these marauders back out of the planet.

A stage-by-stage series of events will then commence. Each event will progressively get closer to the end goal. I’m also thinking of implementing a resource management system that shows what things are required to further continue the conquest for our characters, but as for now I’m trying to keep things simple by having our characters defend settlements from raids.

My group and I have also considered creating combat sheets as well, but that is still in the works. Depending on the success of these events, the team and I will go more into depth in creating the resource system and combat sheets. I’m very interested in mechanics for perfectly balanced fights between NPC enemies and the actual players. Judging by this, you could classify me as a wargamer DM. I’m hoping this series will be a kickoff for a new mercenary faction myself and others are planning.

I appreciate you guys giving this a read! If you’re interested in seeing more of this, go ahead and SMASH THAT LIKE BUTTON or just any indication of interest at all would be appreciated. If people are interested, I’ll create a discord server and a enjin website for organizing, keeping track of event progress, journals, and mercenary profiles. If you have any questions regarding the events or would like to get involved by helping, just leave a comment here on the post or contact me by discord. My tag is Buddy Boulder#2605. Again, thank you guys for hearing me out.
GWJ6Qb6.gif

Kewl skill animation done by, SB
Posted Oct 14, 18 · OP
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Empire
Always interested my guy and if you need pirates you know where to look
44f2a7c724a04e4d.png
Posted Oct 14, 18
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Neutral
I would also be interested in this! Can even avoid the awkwardness of bringing Eksa by bringing along my Jawalorian merc instead.
Posted Oct 14, 18
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Neutral
Definitely interested in this! Vinny is always down for high octane violence with a high payout.
83eabc4e22.png
Posted Nov 4, 18
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
NoticeNotices