Mar 10 '19
08:00 PM
HoloNet Feed
Drawing Board Feed
Latest Threads
Dulfy RSS
Donations
Container minimized. Expand
HoloTracker: Include (1) Character's In-Game Name, (2) Faction, and (3) Location
HoloTracker [1359]
You do not have access to chat.
Welcome to HoloTracker

Working...

The Rediscovery of Zigoola

3 replies
Republic
So this was an idea I came up with a little while ago. I thought to myself: “While everyone else is busy RP’ing war campaigns and mass death and destruction, wouldn’t it be cool to have an event or series of events centered around finding something that was lost or possibly new?” And with that we come to my main point.

While I was browsing the section of Wookieepedia dedicated to Sith Worlds I came across Zigoola, a planet I’d only heard mentioned whilst reading Darth Plagueis and decided to investigate further. As it turns out, aside from one mission undertaken by Obi-Wan and Bail Organa in a young adult Clone Wars novel there is virtually no mention of it ever again aside from the in Plagueis. That naturally intrigued me and it got my creative wheels moving. If Athiss being a prominent Sith World eluded rediscovery by the Reconstituted Sith Empire for more than 30 years after the return to the known galaxy, who knows what other worlds may have escaped notice.

So here is my pitch. We know Zigoola is a treasure world where Sith lore/knowledge was hoarded for millennia but what if the only one who knew it existed was Vitiate and his cronies? What if after his death, evidence is found hinting at it’s existence but not specifying where it is located or what exactly it holds? And what if by some chance, the same Empire that is hurting badly for resources, decides to undertake an expedition in order to find something worth of value on a world nobody truly knows exists?

I imagining that these events will be a mix of fact finding, deduction, location scouting, and clue hunting all wrapped up with finding the planet and informing the Empire.

I’m interested in finding anyone willing to assist with setting this up or participate in the events themselves.
Posted Sep 3, 18 · OP
Donor
Neutral
Empire
There are a few guilds (like this one) who use the discovery of unknown/lost planets in long-term story arcs. I was also in a guild wherein it was their entire basis (I cannot remember their name and don't think they are around anymore) and they worked to slowly open their SH as they 'uncovered' more of the planet. While I think it's a great idea, make sure you decide whether it will be heavily lore-centric with a lot of pre-existing world building done or if you want it to be a collaborative ride for you and your fellow explorers. And make sure you bring plenty of medics!
Posted Sep 4, 18
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Empire
The idea is a great course to also expand upon for the underworld - I.E. hiring mercenary companies for protection, scientist/doctors to help piece the past together, or patch unfortunate folks who trigger booby traps (or happen upon hostile locals).

Not to mention, it can generate RP that ties not only the more social community, but as well as the spooky or even aforementioned war community together. "Rediscovered Sith world being happened upon by adventurers, only for the Jedi desiring to get in and steal artifacts so it's less ammunition for the Sith. Or Sith warlords vying to protect the world so that their long lost history can be protected." so on and so forth. I approve and will gladly put a character or more in.
Posted Sep 5, 18
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Republic
Think I'm going to scrap, not enough interest generated. Time to go back to the drawing board.
Posted Sep 10, 18 · OP
NoticeNotices