Star Forge
HoloNet Feed
Drawing Board Feed
Latest Threads
Dulfy RSS
Donations
Container minimized. Expand
HoloTracker: Include (1) Character's In-Game Name, (2) Faction, and (3) Location
HoloTracker [1412]
You do not have access to chat.
Welcome to HoloTracker

Working...

The Drifter's Journal

3 replies
Neutral
Entry 0

Don't know why I'm doing this. [redacted] told me it would be best to 'preserve' records of my travels and dealings. So far, I've not made anything too significant to be recording any of it. Maybe my standards on what is significant or not is a bit too high. Whatever.

I am Allizard Crow. A travelling merchant and scavenger. I'm also referred to as the Drifter. I'm aboard the Drifting Star, a YZ-2000 Heavy Transport. These types cost about a million credits, though free for me when I first found it. Unfortunately it was heavily damaged and nearly cost me a fortune to repair it all. However, over the years, I've begun upgrading it with tech I've managed to scrounge up either in space or crashed on some planet. Take Hoth for example. Now it's beautiful. Has a Class 1 Hyperdrive, with a Class 5 as backup, the latest Ion drive, four medium dual-turbolaser batteries, dual laser cannons, and the latest deflector shields. It can carry up to 26 personnel and can hold up to 60,000 tons of cargo. Most of the personnel is mostly filled with droids.

The Drifting Star is by far one of my most favorite starships I have in my collection. Anyway, right now I'm in the Dulfivian sector of the Mid Rim; a couple parsecs from the Algarian System. A beautiful planet in its own right. Though its government seems rather complex. Just made a couple sales leading up to around seven hundred credits. A profitable day as much as any other.

Another ship is gonna meet up with me in this sector. An industrial salvage rig I call the Vulture. It is 50 meters tall, 155 meters long, and 118 meters wide. It can carry up to 180 tons of salvage and it takes a minimum of four crew members to run this ship. So it's usually just myself and four salvage droids. There are launch pods for the drones, floodlights, industrial tractor beams, scanners, docking ports, and an industrial grade salvage arm. The Vulture has the capability to defend itself. There is one manned, dual laser cannon turret and six remote-controlled dual laser cannon turrets. The ship is propelled by two main thrusters and two VTOL thrusters, along with twelve maneuvering thrusters and six retro thrusters. The Vulture has a Class 2 Hyperdrive, with a Class 10 has backup. Finally, it has two deflector shield generators.

Anyway, the Vulture will meet up with me soon. C1, one of two personal assistant droids will fly the Drifting Star back to Crow's Nest located in [redacted] after I have transferred myself over to the Vulture. From there, myself and my droid crew will scour the galaxy for salvage. Maybe hit Iokath along the way.

I guess this will be the end of the entry then, until something "exciting" happens.
Posted Jun 4, 18 · OP
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Neutral
Entry 1

Why is it that when I started this journal that everything around me suddenly got... well I wouldn't say interesting. Different would be the word. Damn you [Redacted]! Anyway, I started the usual day with salvaging and trading about ten tons of weapons, armor, and combat vehicles to a local militia on a planet called Ord Pardron in the Dulfivian Sector. Made some really good sales there.

Afterwards, I went over to Carrick to stop and see if any sort of business is going on, or to just look for any freelancers. When I came in, a pickpocket bumped into me. Took a couple of credits, which was fine because I've made a couple hundred thousand today. However, the presence of a pickpocket on a military installation seems rather odd to say the least. No doubt security on the station is lacking or just incompetent. I decided to follow the pickpocket to see what he would do. Followed all the way down to the station's outer rings where he stole even more credits from someone else. Didn't know what this guy was thinking but he finally stopped and headed towards the elevator that would lead to the transports. Rather sad that security would be this incompetent to let in a pickpocket. Meh.

After he was gone, I walked towards the cantina located in the middle of station. Once more, something strange happened, only this time I recognize the person. It was a pathetic mercenary or assassin, can't tell which, named [Redacted]. [Redacted] was threatening to kill a Jedi. Now, [Redacted] is a regular on the station. Always threatening to kill someone or send threatening messages to. In fact, [Redacted] even attempted to assassinate someone and failed miserably. How security manage to let in someone this dangerous is beyond my understanding. Anyway, after [Redacted] threatened Nisi, [Redacted] left. Don't know what was going on with the Jedi but she decided to follow [Redacted].

After all the stupidity finally disappeared, I've met up with a weapon vendor in the cantina. We talked a bit and I initiated my usual interview. Found out this vendor was __________________________[Redacted]_________________________. Now the Carrion Crows, a sort of alliance that I run, has a weapons vendor and is responsible for _____________________[Redacted]___________________.

I can definitely say this has been a very productive day for me. It was different, but productive.
Posted Jun 5, 18 · OP
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Neutral
Entry 2

Met someone interesting today. Went by the name of [Redacted]. Can't tell if it's [Redacted] name but that is the life of an info broker. They either go by fake names or a nickname. Similar to [Redacted] or the "Drifter". I do know that [Redacted] hates the Empire for some particular reason. Didn't ask for it was none of my business. Though perhaps I should look into [Redacted] a little more. Should assign a couple of my droids to that task, or perhaps the observation posts I have scattered across the galaxy.

In the next day, I've visited to Vendaxa, one of the planets I visit in my travels. I went there to sell my wares as per the usual. Met a lot of spacers there. Some of them are interesting fellows. Also met a couple of fellow scavengers: One that was a few years behind me in the business and another who seems to be starting off. At the end of the day I did make off being around three hundred thousand credits richer.

Oh and it seems the galaxy is getting busy. Battles are propping up all over. Battles means salvage, and salvage means profit. Soon war will begin and every scavenger and salvager in the galaxy will be fighting what's left of it all. I may have to reinforce my forces a bit to compensate.
Posted Jun 17, 18 · OP
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Neutral
Entry 3

This has been an interesting few days for sure. In between listening to the news of the Mandalorian front to meeting with certain Imperial Sith. A Darth no less. Should probably start with that first.

A certain Sith within the Empire happens to be an old client of mine as well as a contact. But I suspect that [Redacted] has a connection with [Redacted] I wouldn't be surprised if [Redacted] did. So I met up with Darth [Redacted]. We talked business as per the usual, among many other subjects that I won't mention in the event this journal is in the hands of someone other than myself. It's the reason why so many has been [Redacted] from the records.

Anyway. After leaving I soon receive news about the capture of Eriadu and that the people were being conscripted to join. It was on one of my list of planets to visit for business. I guess I have to scratch that off now. I certainly don't want to go there now since most of the people there can't exactly do any sort of trade if they are off fighting a war they don't want to be a part of, plus I might end up getting forced to be conscripted and that is something I wish to avoid.

The next day, I met an interesting fellow on Carrick. [Redacted] heard about my alliance of freelancers, the Carrion Crows. and wanted to join. I gave [Redacted] an interview and a job as I do with anyone I meet. Though merchants, traders, and crafters are different and requires something different. What I should mention is that [Redacted] is wearing to the same color scheme of that found in many ships, facilities, droids, and mercs under the Carrion Crows. The Black and red color scheme. I allow anyone to use their own color schemes for their gear, never forced upon. I thought that would be kinda cool to mention.

After that day, I get a call with Darth [Redacted] about something. I don't usually get a call but it has happen. I met up with [Redacted] and was given ____[Redacted]____. Afterwards, I took the Drifting Star and travelled to the Vish Sector, in the Seltos system to do business with the Tarro.

Finally, I flew the ship towards the Chommel sector but I suddenly started to get news. I stopped the ship ten parsecs from the Chommel Sector and headed towards my quarters. I can say that I am not too pleased right now, but this provides an opportunity. Let's see how far the Republic can do with a little push in the right direction.
Posted Jun 24, 18 · OP
NoticeNotices