Mar 10 '19
08:00 PM
HoloNet Feed
Drawing Board Feed
Latest Threads
Dulfy RSS
Donations
Container minimized. Expand
HoloTracker: Include (1) Character's In-Game Name, (2) Faction, and (3) Location
HoloTracker [1359]
You do not have access to chat.
Welcome to HoloTracker

Working...

Page
of 3

Star Forge Imperial Military RP Atmosphere

22 replies
Donor
Empire
Hello! My name is Nic. I've been GM of <Imperial Wild Space Command> (formerly <Imperial War Ministry>, formerly <Sith Intelligence>) on the Begeren Colony (now Satele Shan) server for about three years. Due to the low level of Imperial RP on SS, I'll be transferring my characters to Star Forge in the next few weeks. I'm very eager to get integrated into the SF Imperial military RP community. I've considered adopting the <IWSC> guild tag on SF and continuing its story over here, but I wanted to get a sense of what the Imperial, and specifically the Imperial military, RP atmosphere is like on SF.

What serious, long-term Imperial military RP guilds exist?

Are there regularly scheduled and held Imperial military-themed RP events?

Are there many players that RP or are interested in RPing Imperial military?

Knowing what the Imperial military RP atmosphere is like will influence my decision on what kind, if any, Imperial military RP guild I establish on the server.

Are there any "gaps" in the Imperial military RP community that players would like to see filled (e.g., an Imperial Army, Navy, Reclamation Service, or High Command guild. Or a guild that emphasizes ground or naval military RP or a particular area of military operations like intelligence, armor, supply, etc.)?

Thanks for your help. I look forward to RPing with you all very soon!
Posted Jan 12, 18 · OP · Last edited Jan 12, 18
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Empire
The imperial military RP is all over the place as with any other major 'grouping' as it were and, atleast from what i have personally observed, it is an area where people have rather different perceptions of what is correct to do or emphasise.

With that said, i believe that imperial military RP is overall fairly solid on the server, a lot of rank and file soldiers and special forces trooper types around with a modest amount of officers. There are a couple of guilds with a heavy imperial military focus, but not as many as back in the day, but i'd say that there's a healthy interest in this sort of RP, and all that it may entail.

There are under-used branches of the imperial military that do not often see much use, like the Reclamations Service, the Diplomatic Service (I believe they count as military anyhow? I could be incorrect.), and so on. So there's room for improvement in those areas at the very least.

Most importantly though, welcome to the Star Forge! Hope you enjoy your stay :)
HbIlWOc.png
Posted Jan 12, 18
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Neutral
The imperial military RP is all over the place as with any other major 'grouping' as it were and, atleast from what i have personally observed, it is an area where people have rather different perceptions of what is correct to do or emphasise. :)

I agree with you, it's all over the place because of changed perceptions on how to operate an Imperial military and you can actually see the clash if you pop over to fleet and have people from different Military guilds (or guilds with military aspects) interact, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. I think the most aggregious thing I've seen to date was an Imperial Officer being spoken down to by an NCO.
Are there any "gaps" in the Imperial military RP community that players would like to see filled (e.g., an Imperial Army, Navy, Reclamation Service, or High Command guild. Or a guild that emphasizes ground or naval military RP or a particular area of military operations like intelligence, armor, supply, etc.)?

Thanks for your help. I look forward to RPing with you all very soon!

Honestly I don't see many vehicle operators around, so armored is a good one to look into. Could definitely use more Imperial pilots as well. Army (or the Marines) seem to be the most populated of the Imperial military RP stuff right now with a few Moff's and Generals sprinkled around for flavor.
Posted Jan 13, 18
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Banned users
My very blunt opinion of the state of Imperial Military RP in Star Forge / EBHawk -- it's shite.

The very extremely vast majority plays space wizards AKA Sith (Granted, I mean who doesn't want to play psudo nobles whom can shoot lighting and at the very top of the Sith Empire's hierarchical food chain.)

The next thing on the agenda? The lack of Imperial footsloggers; infantry and the like and half of them are in guilds, hardly interacting with the general RP community aside from tomfoolery slew of activities like Vaiken Patrols.

Also, the over-abundance of Imperial Spec Forces (Including a myriad of Ciphers running about) -- everyone just wants to make a prima donna trooper without progression and admittedly, I fell into that category once.

I hope I don't discourage you from Imperial Military RP because I would really like to see this aspect of the community grow even bigger, starting from the upcoming mini war council that is hosted by 'Aristocra Shol'.
8cc69538419cddcf.png

974f9d6ba1bcf96d.png
Posted Jan 22, 18
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Untagged users
<Imperial Army> and <Imperial Guard> are both present every single night on Vaiken, working hand-in-hand.

The army's footsoldiers tend to act as a proxy security force aboard Vaiken while the guardsmen deal exclusively in slapping Sith on the wrist that the regular file-dudes cannot touch. It's a pretty neat dynamic. I would recommend the <Imperial Army> tbh.
Posted Jan 22, 18 · Last edited Jan 22, 18
Donor
Empire
So, I've had all my toons transferred to Star Forge for the last few weeks and gotten a little bit of a feel for Imperial military RP on the server. I'm impressed and pleased to see players regularly RPing Imperial military characters on Vaiken Spacedock, and the existence of Imperial military RP guild like Nick mentioned above.

One thing I was told by former server members before I came over here was that, unlike the Satele Shan (formerly Begeren Colony) RP community, which prides itself on being primarily a community-centric group, RP on SF is more guild based, and I think that does seem to be the case. I think there are both pros and cons to this, but I've been struck by an idea I want to put out for input.

What prevented me from transferring from SS to SF the last two years was guild infrastructure. Specifically, I had a fully-unlocked guid flagship on SS and wasn't ready to abandon all the hard work I'd put into obtaining it for RP. Since coming to SF in the last few weeks, I've procured a new guild (formerly <Starfall Inc>, courtesy of <Guild Services>, and presently renamed <Naval Intelligence Department>) and obtained the following assets:

* a fully-unlocked (eight vaults) guild bank,
* a fully-unlocked Dromund Kaas stronghold,
* a fully-unlocked guild flagship.

The idea I've been entertaining is this: that the guild could be renamed to something like <Imperial Ministry of War>, and serve as the principal guild for centralized Imperial military RP on the server. I consider a Guildmaster's first responsibility to create an environment attractive to RP, and that's what I've endevoured to start on by developing the guild's infrastructure. But what could be done is members could join and establish their own "sub-guilds." <IMoW> would exist principally to bring the entire (or at least much of) the SF Imperial military RP community together, and offer infrastructure services (SH, flagship, bank, website) for players to establish their own "sub-guilds" in.

Players in <IMoW> (I really hope the name isn't taken on the server as it was on BC) could RP as Army, Navy, Reclamation Service, or High Command, and have the benefit of being able to easily find other Imperial military RPers. OOC guild ranks would be assigned specifically for Officers to simply fulfill administrative roles like recruiting, website maintenance, etc., but other ranks would go to those "sub-guild GMs" who would get their own sections of a guild website to develop and expand their particular unit lore.

I have a lot of other, more specific ideas on this, but am interested in hearing initial thoughts from the community first.

Thank you.
Posted Jan 22, 18 · OP · Last edited Jan 22, 18
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Banned users
So, I've had all my toons transferred to Star Forge for the last few weeks and gotten a little bit of a feel for Imperial military RP on the server. I'm impressed and pleased to see players regularly RPing Imperial military characters on Vaiken Spacedock, and the existence of Imperial military RP guild like Nick mentioned above.

One thing I was told by former server members before I came over here was that, unlike the Satele Shan (formerly Begeren Colony) RP community, which prides itself on being primarily a community-centric group, RP on SF is more guild based, and I think that does seem to be the case. I think there are both pros and cons to this, but I've been struck by an idea I want to put out for input.

What prevented me from transferring from SS to SF the last two years was guild infrastructure. Specifically, I had a fully-unlocked guid flagship on SS and wasn't ready to abandon all the hard work I'd put into obtaining it for RP. Since coming to SF in the last few weeks, I've procured a new guild (formerly <Starfall Inc>, courtesy of <Guild Services>, and presently renamed <Naval Intelligence Department>) and obtained the following assets:

The idea I've been entertaining is this: that the guild could be renamed to something like <Imperial Ministry of War>, and serve as the principal guild for centralized Imperial military RP on the server. I consider a Guildmaster's first responsibility to create an environment attractive to RP, and that's what I've endevoured to start on by developing the guild's infrastructure. But what could be done is members could join and establish their own "sub-guilds." <IMoW> would exist principally to bring the entire (or at least much of) the SF Imperial military RP community together, and offer infrastructure services (SH, flagship, bank, website) for players to establish their own "sub-guilds" in.

Players in <IMoW> (I really hope the name isn't taken on the server as it was on BC) could RP as Army, Navy, Reclamation Service, or High Command, and have the benefit of being able to easily find other Imperial military RPers. OOC guild ranks would be assigned specifically for Officers to simply fulfill administrative roles like recruiting, website maintenance, etc., but other ranks would go to those "sub-guild GMs" who would get their own sections of a guild website to develop and expand their particular unit lore.

I have a lot of other, more specific ideas on this, but am interested in hearing initial thoughts from the community first.

Thank you.

I legit would kill for something like this. If you need shit like DMed events, I can help out.
8cc69538419cddcf.png

974f9d6ba1bcf96d.png
Posted Jan 22, 18
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Empire
I've been away for a while due to burn out, but I'm ready to punch it when e'er one else is. I would welcome greater centralization, and implicitly a venue for streamlined recruitment.
I'd probably switch my main back to field duties if some more seasoned transfers could be had.
6364319be5ca7122.png
61523d6c4d901838.png
Posted Jan 23, 18 · Last edited Jan 24, 18
Donor
Empire

Thank you.

Something myself on my Moff Klovin toon has joined up with Nic here to do. Hoping to have this take off for the community.
Posted Jan 23, 18
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Empire
I would keep the high-up institutions like Ministry of War clear, personally, simply because some people might confuse it with your character aspiring to "own" that area of RP, it could be construed the wrong way.

However i trust that you'd do a better job of it than to have it appear that way, and i'd be happy to contribute to the effort as an associate :)
HbIlWOc.png
Posted Jan 24, 18
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Page
of 3
NoticeNotices