Apr 19 '19
08:00 PM
HoloNet Feed
Drawing Board Feed
Latest Threads
Dulfy RSS
Donations
Container minimized. Expand
HoloTracker: Include (1) Character's In-Game Name, (2) Faction, and (3) Location
HoloTracker [1362]
You do not have access to chat.
Welcome to HoloTracker

Working...

Page
of 2

Would anyone out there be interested in IC psychiatry/therapy?

13 replies
Empire
I was sitting here trying to think of a use for my unused strongholds, what I could do with one that would break away from making a cantina or something. After some thinking, I realized that one avenue I never see people explore very often is IC psychiatry. I suddenly found myself totally warming up to the idea of having an IC psychiatry clinic.

So, is there anyone out there who thinks it might be a cool idea? Whether or not it's something you'd also like to consider getting involved with, or if you have a character (or multiple characters!) who would benefit from some a little psychiatry. Or, hey, maybe they just need someone to talk to and listen to them to help them sort out their problems?

Any feedback on this would be awesome. I've already decided that I'm going to move forward with the idea, it's just a matter of the size and scope of the project (whether or not it's just a psychiatrist for a guild, or an open clinic where RPers can schedule appointments for their characters).

Anyway, that's my idea.
Markim Tremblay | Rast Saverion | Tyreanna Brannick | Viscar Devidicus | Zera Azerov
Posted Oct 6, 17 · OP · Last edited Oct 6, 17
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Republic
Yes. I mean, I have a ton of messed-up characters thanks to collaborative story arcs. XD
Posted Oct 6, 17
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Empire
That's good to hear! Or well, as long as you're an Imperial player.
Markim Tremblay | Rast Saverion | Tyreanna Brannick | Viscar Devidicus | Zera Azerov
Posted Oct 6, 17 · OP
Republic
Not so much. I have a few. They probably wouldn't trust a therapist. They'd be pretty wary about it being some sort of intelligence-gathering front!
Posted Oct 6, 17
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Republic
Frankly, I think this is an awesome setup and something that could be really interesting to play with. Go for it! I mean, I mostly play pub side so I don't know if I'd interact with it much, but I'd love to see something like this built.
0bf2f14c55d5c513.png
Posted Oct 6, 17
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Republic
When I saw this post, I was actually in some RP on my Doctor character, ICly on Coruscant. Her patient's treatment required a good amount of talk therapy, so I was extra amused to see this suggestion.
Posted Oct 6, 17
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Empire
This sounds like a different, very interesting idea! I've got a character with some self image and friend issues, and something along the lines of therapy would probably be the most sensible thing to do. If you're needing a first patient to test the waters, well, my character's on imp side!
Posted Oct 9, 17
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Empire
Sounds good! Still trying to work out how I'm going to make the character work. Might just make him unguilded for the time being and have him do his own thing, taking appointments through here and public channels. Still need to get a SH decorated, too!
Posted Oct 9, 17 · OP
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Empire
I did this kind of RP on my Pub trooper on a long-dead RP server some time ago and it was hugely rewarding and very cool as a way to explore character and drive plot.

I am 100% interested in participating as a counsellor and as a client. I have a cadet who might get sent for therapy given how she carries on, lol.
Posted Oct 13, 17
Republic
You know, if you use a 'neutral' SH, you can take both Imp and Rep clients. :) If you've run out of SH space in such a place, perhaps a friendly person might rent an office to your character in theirs.
Posted Oct 14, 17
Page
of 2
NoticeNotices