Star Forge
Upcoming Events
HoloNet Feed
Drawing Board Feed
Latest Threads
Dulfy RSS
Donations
Container minimized. Expand
HoloTracker: Include (1) Character's In-Game Name, (2) Faction, and (3) Location
HoloTracker [1333]
Sun at 1:12
A bounty hunter in armor of vaguely-Mandalorian style has been spotted shopping on the Promenade. He appears to be looking for infant-sized clothes. (Eksa [alt code 0228 on the "a"] Bendak, Empire, Nar Shaddaa instance 3, coordinates X -1083 Y -712)
Sun at 2:45
The hunter has made his purchases and departed.
You do not have access to chat.
Welcome to HoloTracker

Working...

Page
of 3

Keep Enjin's New Latest Threads Module or keep the old version.

19 replies
Developer
Donor
Neutral
In case you haven't noticed yet, there's a new Latest Threads module that Enjin rolled out over the past few days. It had some issues to begin with, though some of them have since been corrected. Any other problems remaining I'm reasonably certain I can fix. (Like the avatar shape for example.)

Here's what it used to look like (ignore the text color because I was using a custom style for this, sorry!):
CkqSwTZ.png

And here's what it looks like now, including one of the new features they've added where it updates live:
Z9nkLx6.png

And the new hover preview feature:
gm6ERKQ.png

Now, while this is a nice feature, it does impact page load times. It's up to you whether or not we will keep it around, now that Enjin has given us the option to disable it.

So here's the question:
Do you want to keep the new Latest Threads module?

As always, this poll will be open for seven days.
Yes, keep the new version. (Feel free to request tweaks.)
8 votes
27.6%
No, change it to the way it was before.
11 votes
37.9%
I don't care either way.
10 votes
34.5%
Number of voters: 29
Poll is closed
Posted Apr 29, 17 · OP · Last edited Apr 29, 17
Administrator
Republic
Healthy reminder. These poles last seven days from their creation date, then we decide based on the results from the pole. Get your opinion in. This is how the module's gonna look. Maybe it matters to you. Maybe it doesn't. Let us know either way.
9ab7ad7f337bd30c517104fa6dd2d241.png
Posted May 1, 17
Empire
I like the idea of the scroll bar, but we managed without it in the past using the Search function, etc. when threads fell out of Recent Posts.

My main issue with the new one is the placement of the timestamp. It was a good divider of sorts between thread title and usernames. I haven't voted, but if it's possible to move the timestamp back where it used to be, I think I would vote to keep the scroller.
Posted May 1, 17 · Last edited May 1, 17
Administrator
Republic
Okay, giving this another bump. I want this to be seen by people, so their opinions can be counted. We only have over twenty-five votes, which this suggestion could obviously affect more then that.
Posted May 2, 17
Neutral
I'm voting for it to be switched back because I'm not seeing any threads.

If it WORKED, I'd probably be fine with it.
Posted May 4, 17
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Graphic Artist
Republic
While I do like the new one due to its scrollbar and taking less space, it does cut out names or thread titles in a slightly bad banner. Another issue with the new thread module is that it isn't optimized for mobile platforms -- at all; which is why some people might not see it when on their phone or tablet when viewing the website in web form.

I really would like to keep the new thread module, but after realizing the former points, I'd say switching back to the old one might be better for the time being. Besides, the old one can always be improved on, right?
Posted May 4, 17
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Administrator
Republic
Last day to get your opinion in.
Posted May 5, 17
Empire
If it isn't possible to move the timestamp to where I suggested, I'll just vote to go back to the old one.
Posted May 5, 17
Developer
Donor
Neutral
It's a narrow margin, but we're going back to the old module. Thank you for voting!
Posted May 6, 17 · OP
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Empire
Probably best, but I am curious if anyone saw my request. The poll did say feel free to request tweaks, just kind of seemed like my opinion was passed over. The main issue to me, really was just the placement and style of the timestamp. The scrollbar itself wasn't a problem IMO.
Posted May 7, 17
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Page
of 3
NoticeNotices