Star Forge
Upcoming Events
HoloNet Feed
Drawing Board Feed
Latest Threads
Dulfy RSS
Donations
Container minimized. Expand
HoloTracker: Include (1) Character's In-Game Name, (2) Faction, and (3) Location
HoloTracker [1337]
A pair of spacers have been seen entering the Dealer's Den Cantina. (Warren Bastra and Alexandra Nikolavea, Coruscant 2)
Departed
4 hours ago
hello
You do not have access to chat.
Welcome to HoloTracker

Working...

Page
of 4

Open RP Distant Threats: The Planet of Icarus

37 replies
Neutral
"<Well, I still need the box, so I'll take around, hoping it'll be where the Zakuul are. Besides still gotta return the favor.>" He blinks a few times, "<I've been very uninvolved, and times are changing. Perhaps it's time to try again.>" A long sigh escapes him, putting his helmet back over his head, "<I'd hate to walk away from family.>" He offered the exit a glance before looking back at Roman.

"<Being the last representative of Vinkaso, might as well. Shall we?>" He gestured the exit.
1461099086_12B8v3A.png

Sig courtesy of Dorito!
Posted Apr 29, 17
Empire
"<If you're willing to walk the path, at least for now, I see no reason in denying Vinkaso the journey,>" said Roman as he began to undo his turban, wrapping the cloth around his neck as he slid the painted features of his battered helmet back over his head. The man's painted smile of jagged teeth bobbing in a short nod as he exited the tent into the night.

Icarus' moons loomed over ahead across a sea of stars bearing over them. Cook fires lit up the Mandalorian camp as no more dropships came in, everyone seemed to be content with eating and waiting for the next day. Looking over his shoulder as Roman gestured to the camp, the aged warrior continued on, "<I should report back to the battlemaster before the fast bastard has an aneurysm. Get to know the kin you'll be fighting beside and have a meal, maybe even a warm cot if you find yourself with a willing partner. We're going to be leaving in the late morning to investigate the sightings of the 'Zuuk insurgents.>"
Posted Apr 30, 17 · OP
Neutral
Taak offered Roman a simple nod and wandered off into the camp, observing the warriors that sat at the fires. Their armor, their build, their weaponry, any little detail he could pick up at a moments glance in passing. He eventually finds a firepit with a few men and offered a nod.

"<You mind?>" The warriors shook the heads and with that Taak took a seat. Setting his rifle down next to him. His gaze shifting between the men.

"<You one a' Jaig's?>" One warrior gestured his helmet, pointing out the Jaig Eyes on his helmet.

"<Look at his armor, obviously he is. Been touched by them Jaig smiths. They're damn good at it.>" And thus the trio of men began going back and forth as to why or why not he might be a Jaig.

"<No I'm not, just a good friend with Roman.>"

With that the trio came to the realization and nodded their heads slowly. One of them chimed in again, "<Where'd you get the Eyes then?>"

"<Heh, long story involving a dreadnought and a tank.>"

The trio once again exchanged looks, like as if they're in the presence of a legend. They must've thought he shot down a dreadnought with a tank? Who knows, Taak was finding amusement out of it either way, letting them trade predictions and they're own versions of what they think happened, and Taak would correct them, telling the story how it happened. He peeled off his helmet and reached for a bowl of stew they had offered. His night progressed like this for a long while.
1461099086_12B8v3A.png

Sig courtesy of Dorito!
Posted Apr 30, 17
Empire
His visit to the command tent was brief, Zong had tried threatening him with desertion of all things for merely being late. Punctuality aside, Keelo's battlemaster was growing more and more agitated. Roman thought it likely the man's faceplate would shatter if he scowled any harder. Commander Soorro defused the situation before Roman lost his patience and challenged the bastard to a duel. She was at least pleased with his response to Taak's sudden incursion, glad to have another warrior assist them in the coming mission. Nothing had changed, the plan remained the same.

At midday tomorrow, the most experienced warriors would board hellweavers and fly to the last known base of the Zakuulan insurgents. There they would engage all hostile targets and ensure their presence remained unknown while seizing all intel and assets they come across. Anything else would be disposed of by thermite mixed with a new, hopefully stable, aziroazide azide bomb.

Moving across the camp, Roman carried a silent conversation under his helmet as he weaved between the tents. Roman pausing for a moment to step to the side as he tilted his head back, eyeing the unfamiliar stars dotting the night sky. It wasn't foreign, they were all the same stars. Just different side to the souls of the Manda spread out before him, there was a metaphor in there somewhere; perhaps when things calmed down he'd figure it out.

"<Chieftain...Father...Roman!>" barked out Yael over his helmet's comm, his daughter chiding him and tugging him back from his distraction.

"<Sorry, I was looking at the stars...you were talking about the bomb?>"

"<Of course, you were old man...the aziroazide azide is very, very unstable. The bomb itself is just a giant piece of lab equipment that begins the process of synthesizing a large amount of the compound quickly before exposing it to the air,>" explained Yael as she detailed her latest experiment to her father. Yael was a brilliant young woman, much better at explosives than he was. She hadn't discovered the compound of course, but she did find a way to theoretically use it as munitions; that made him proud.

"<Have you landed yet? I've been trying to find you for the last hour,>" Roman cut in as he looked around, half expecting her to jump out from behind him.

"<I have...just saw a friend lurking around. Figured I might make his life miserable, just for a moment.>"

Posted May 1, 17 · OP
Neutral
Taak sat at the fire, chuckling at the warrior's attempts to guess the stories. Eventually the trio fell asleep, and Taak laid back on the ground, flipping through the holonet on his HUD, minding his own business. He'd browse contracts, watch videos and things of the like. He was in a world of his own.
1461099086_12B8v3A.png

Sig courtesy of Dorito!
Posted May 1, 17
Empire
Yael walked over behind Taak, pausing a moment behind the man. Her insectoid, horned helmet cocked to the side as her powered frame let out a short hum. Lowering her arm, she let the three-fingered appendage reach down to grab his visor and had her modulator let out a recording of a Killik's scream.

"C-rch-wag!"

Hopping back with a short laugh, she hopefully sidestepped any surprised reaction from Taak as she spun around to offer him a wave in an almost theatric manner, "<If it isn't my fourth-favorite customer from Nelere, I didn't read any reports we'd be getting reinforcements unless...I take it you were the surprise guest?>"
Posted May 1, 17 · OP
Neutral
Taak more so reacted to being grabbed rather than the screech. He shot up into a battle ready stance, blade drawn and all. However he realized that the culprit wasn't anyone hostile, but Yael. The trio of warriors at the fire with him were startled awake, only giving Yael a glare before falling back asleep.

"<Sunnuva bitch you -don't- do that to a man. Could've stabbed you if I didn't take a moment to think.>" He eyed her, strange armor. Internally puking and trying to keep down his dinner. Actual big bipedal bugs were bad enough, a mandalorian bug was worse.

"<Yea, I was the asshole flying over the camp.>"
1461099086_12B8v3A.png

Sig courtesy of Dorito!
Posted May 1, 17
Contractor's Board
Donor
Neutral
Filtyarn had shifted at the noise of a Killik screaming in camp, raising from his perch and slipping his helmet on. First thoughts ran through his head on the quickest way to silence and kill such creatures, how to handle and trick their hive mind. Second thoughts began to slip in as he approached the camp fire, his kukri blade unsheathed and ready in hand, of reasons for a killik to even be here. To be used as a weapon? A nest, somehow? Or, by some outlandish chance, a Mandalorian?

He paused upon getting close enough to understand the gist of what happened, lingering just out of the orange light cast by the firepit, his blend of dark green and black armour making him blend a little into the shadows. Curiosity took hold upon seeing the... design of the trickster's helmet. Either there was some strange species under there or there was some strange reasoning to it.
Posted May 2, 17
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Page
of 4
NoticeNotices