Star Forge
Upcoming Events
HoloNet Feed
Drawing Board Feed
Latest Threads
Dulfy RSS
Donations
Container minimized. Expand
HoloTracker: Include (1) Character's In-Game Name, (2) Faction, and (3) Location
HoloTracker [1337]
A pair of spacers have been seen entering the Dealer's Den Cantina. (Warren Bastra and Alexandra Nikolavea, Coruscant 2)
Departed
4 hours ago
hello
You do not have access to chat.
Welcome to HoloTracker

Working...

Page
of 4

Open RP Distant Threats: The Planet of Icarus

37 replies
Empire
"<Taak, have I ever told you about the work I did for Synthetek? Or the Empire? Or the various other smaller gigs and gangs that made up my existence during the Cold War? I've seen my fair share of 'superweapons', no way in Kad's name am I letting our people use them. Luckily, a few battlemasters agree with me there so the mission is to destroy and recover if destruction isn't an option.>"

Pausing for a moment, Roman looked over his shoulder and spoke in a low whisper, "<Jaig has its arsenal, but it also has its vaults. It's best to keep some things buried very, very deep behind a lot of guards and security...my interest in old tomes isn't wholly academic, it's also pragmatic.>"

Nodding his head at Taak, Roman gestured for him to follow as he fixed his turban. The simple black cloth already dotted with specks of dust kicked up from the steadily declining rate of dropships. Gesturing to a rather small tent near the center of the camp, a large banner bearing Jaig's Sigil stood guard before it: the wings of a Shriek Hawk engraved with the Six Tenants behind a great Veshok tree.
ugnmpeK.jpg

Moving beside the banner, Roman bowed his head a bit and stepped into the small tent. His hand reaching out a moment afterward to wave Taak in as his voice rumbled out in its heavy accent, "<This as private as it's going to get and patient as I'm going to be; now explain. What are you here for and what is making you do this?>"
Posted Apr 28, 17 · OP
Neutral
"<Well, wasn't given too much of a description other than it being a little box. Wasn't told anything else other than that. Was given the navpoint and told 'You're on your own from there'. And as to what, well I've made deals with the, man, back when the bounty was on me. Needed some sort of insurance in case things went south. So deal was made, he'd make sure things would be ok on my end so long as I work for him. I break that deal and I might not have much of a safe place left.>" He examined the banner, admiring the sigil. He certainly found it to be the more, artistic of the clans' banners.

"<And it gets better, he keeps tabs on people I'm close with, so if I do something he doesn't like he doesn't even need to go after me. He'll do it indirectly.>" He paused, sighing heavily, "<I can't let that happen.>" His expression defaulted to his typical serious face, with a hint of grim necessity.

"<Wish I could just step out and let it be that but like I said, can't do that. Just gonna have to put one between the eyes if I wanna be rid of him.>"
1461099086_12B8v3A.png

Sig courtesy of Dorito!
Posted Apr 28, 17 · Last edited Apr 28, 17
Contractor's Board
Donor
Neutral
Filtyarn stared a few seconds as they noticed his observing, giving a simple and polite nod in response to the wave. He wasn't sure what to make of that, not recalling having ever met the ancient before to warrant a response. Just being friendly, perhaps? He figured he'd find out one way or another...

Once the two had departed and left his sight, the armoured man paused his weapon maintenance for a moment to give true focus on those around him. Once Filtyarn was assured he was alone in the circles and groups, only then did the Mirialan slip his helmet off and rest it upside down in his lap. He slipped the holodisc out of his pouch and let it rest inside, the blue glow lighting up the inside after a moment.

The messages from home began to play softly, starting with his A'lor and her reasoning for him even being here, with all the well wishes she could muster. Then came his brothers, sisters, cousins and nieces. All the small tales and dramas of his clan in miniature.

Filtyarn watched the tiny blue hued figures, a finger idly trying to touch them as if contact could be made to those distant kin. He spared only half his mind to his surroundings, focusing on the messages for now in his moment of isolation and solitude as the night claimed victory over the day.
Posted Apr 28, 17
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Empire
"<Sounds like you made a deal with Arasuum, I shouldn't have to lecture you on the dangers of making deals with demons and devils,>" replied Roman as he shook his head slowly. The aged man slumping his shoulders just a bit as he leaned back, stretching out his back a bit as he walked towards a plain desk.

Opening a crate to its left, the man withdrew of the heavy leatherbound books Jaig seemed to be so fond of. It was unusual, yes, but to Roman a printing press wasn't as complicated as holo-archives. Couldn't be hacked either. Good for off the record field work, the record doesn't leave a trace unless he drops a literal paper trail.

"<Little boxes are usually the most dangerous kind, Taak. I've got one in me helping with the cybernetics and Chairman Null's Synthetic deities, in the end, are all little black boxes. Imagine the danger of what an ancient technology from Iokath or even the Rakata could fit in a little black box.>"

Pausing for a moment Roman shook his head as he opened the book, flipping over several worn pages before starting to scribble Mando'a down as he spoke, "<I will help you recover your artifact Taak...Jaig's resources are at your disposal. However, I ask of something in return. This isn't a matter of protecting you from extremists or even helping fight the war, this is a very dangerous mess. I know I just warned you about making deals with devils, but saints aren't exactly better.>"
Posted Apr 29, 17 · OP
Neutral
Taak leaned a bit to catch a quick glance at what he was writing down, just a subtle look, "<Look I don't wanna involve anyone else, I just need a location and I'll be on my way. It's my mess and I'm more than able to pick it up.>" He found it funny, Roman's comparison with devils and demons, he couldn't be more right. He let out a long exhale. It had been an exhausting couple of months for him and it just seems to get more and more exhausting. But he wouldn't dare let that show too much. Last thing he wanted was to appear unable of handling things on his own.

"<What is it you'd ask though, I'd probably do it anyway. I owe you that much.>"

A moment passes before a holocomm could be heard ringing. Taak takes the unit from his belt and looked at the frequency. "<Speak of the devil....>" He set the comm on the table, and gave Roman a pondering look, silently asking if they should answer or not.
1461099086_12B8v3A.png

Sig courtesy of Dorito!
Posted Apr 29, 17
Empire
Roman was recording their conversation, though not their exact words just a record of the day's earlier events. Behind that passage laid others of a similar nature, written records of meetings and dealings with a variety of others. Names sometimes were familiar, others foreign, and a few entirely unrecognizable.

"<You involved me the moment you cursed Krowley vaguely and under your breath, brother. As much as I'd appreciate the artistic irony in seeing you caught in a trap of your own making, I'm not entirely a bastard,>"
responded Roman with a dry chuckle as he waved his hand a bit, shoo'ing Taak away from reading over his shoulder.

"<I'm cataloging everything that leaves, is discovered or is destroyed on this planet because of Mandalorian actions. I will help you find your 'little black box', but you will grant me an hour with it. Alone.>" Arching his brow, Roman looked over his shoulder and nodded his head at Taak.

"<Please inform Mr. Krowley that his period of...'protection' expired several months ago by the way. While there is no longer a contract on him, remind him of the term of 'fair game'.>"
Posted Apr 29, 17 · OP
Neutral
"<Hell, you can tell him yourself.>"

With that he answered the call, a holoimage of the man himself showing up for the two to see.

Crowley_Season_12.png

"What do you want." Taak's tone changed immediately into a very hostile, resistant one.

"Is that anyway to greet me? I thought we were pals." The image's gaze shifted over to Roman, "Ah, Roman. Long time no see. I trust life as chieftain or, whatever it is your people call it, has been kind to you." He flashed a devilish smirk. "Was going to check your progress, but I see you haven't made much seeing as how you don't have the item I've requested in your hand."

"Bite me."

"Oh, now you're getting feisty, careful what you wish for." he replied deadpan, offering a very, neutral expression along with it.
1461099086_12B8v3A.png

Sig courtesy of Dorito!
Posted Apr 29, 17
Empire
"Kind as can be, Krowley," stated Roman as he switched over to his heavily accented basic. The man's Concordian roots falling hard on every word as he kept his attention focused on the tome in front of him. Scribbling out a few more notes, his voice rolled out at a louder tone as Taak finished speaking.

"You honored our agreement Krowley, as did I to the letter; but I should inform you it expired the moment Zakuul fell. I'm afraid I'm not longer in need of your assistance in supplies either with my agents re-establishing connections on Nar'Shaddaa...you've met Agrippa La'aora, yes? A flirt, much nastier than I ever was in my youth, but he's one of mine and getting us what we need."

Tapping his hand against his book, Roman adjusted his armor as he rose. His mangled features turning towards the holoprojector as he flatly stared at Krowley, "You're on Icarus now: why shouldn't I deny you your prize and the cooperation of my friend?"
Posted Apr 29, 17 · OP
Neutral
"Because I could very easily make both of your lives hell with the snap of a finger." He replied to Roman in a cool manner. "Whether or not the agreement held beyond this point is irrelevant, at that point in time I needed insurance which I got. That times has now indeed past. And Agrippa, a charming fellow. People like him, well I find to be very interesting. I look forward to seeing him again in the future."

Krowley's gaze shifted to Taak, "And besides, our mutual friend already tried resisting. Him and another man.
Obviously, it didn't end in their favor."
He paused, staring at Taak a moment longer, "Either way, I didn't call to exchange idle threats with a warrior past his prime only able to function due to the cybernetics he's stuffed into his corpse. Taak you have a day to find what I want and not a second longer." With that the call ends.

"Oh I'm gonna shoot that sunnuva bitch when I get the chance." he mumbles under his breath, taking a deep breath. "<So, there you have it. Wasn't that fun.>" his tone dripping sarcasm. He paced a bit after retrieving his holocom, "<You'll get your hour with the thing, that I guarantee.>"
1461099086_12B8v3A.png

Sig courtesy of Dorito!
Posted Apr 29, 17
Empire
"<Good, then I hope your employer realizes there's nothing more dangerous than a walking corpse. Can he make our lives hell with a snap of a finger? Perhaps, but I can end his with only a gentle squeeze of a trigger,>" moving towards the table, Roman closed the large book with a short laugh.

"<And if he's interested in Agrippa well...I might've just made his life rather difficult with a mere name, regardless...>"

"<Where are you headed? I'll have a hellweaver take you back to your ship and you're free to go,>" said Roman as he offered his hand to Taak, a gesture meant for a shake. Nodding his head, the man paused before moving to wrap Taak in a tight hug; squeezing him rough before setting him down. Brushing himself off a bit Roman nodded his head, "<Be safe and call if you get into trouble...maybe see if any warriors around the camp want to join you. I've got to deal with a few 'Zuuks poking around where they shouldn't be.>"
Posted Apr 29, 17 · OP
Page
of 4
NoticeNotices