Star Forge
Upcoming Events
HoloNet Feed
Drawing Board Feed
Latest Threads
Dulfy RSS
Donations
Container minimized. Expand
HoloTracker: Include (1) Character's In-Game Name, (2) Faction, and (3) Location
HoloTracker [1387]
You do not have access to chat.
Welcome to HoloTracker

Working...

Page
of 4

Open RP Distant Threats: The Planet of Icarus

37 replies
Neutral
Taak glanced up at the Hellweaver once the voice boomed in, listening to what it had to say. Eventually, canting his head, "Roman?" he mutters to himself. With that, still with stealth engaged made his way into the clearing, walking over to where Roman stood. Once breaching the forested environment he drops the stealth field, his form slowly fizzling back into sight, eventually becoming fully visible.

"Well long time no see, at least it ain't Vaiken." he glanced back to where the knocked out mando would be laying approximately, looking back at Roman, "Yea sorry about that guy." He chuckled, "Gotta say, one helluva entrance."
1461099086_12B8v3A.png

Sig courtesy of Dorito!
Posted Apr 27, 17
Empire
As soon as Taak fizzled into sight, Roman waved his arm a bit at the Hellweaver. His voice cracklingly out silently over his comms as he dismissed the force, there wasn't any need for it now. They could pick up Atiin and be on their way back to camp as he'd finish up here. Tapping the side of his helmet as his voice crackled past his painted maw of jagged teeth towards Taak, "<It's something we've been working on. Scared the hell out of the 'Zuuks on Vorpor'ya.>"

Maglocking his odd-looking disruptor onto his back, his plating hummed lightly as he turned the battered suit to face Taak as he shook his head. Moving forward to tap Taak's pauldron with his fist, he moved right onto business; "<Who's got you willingly getting yourself into this mess? Before you ask, yes. One of Vizsla's commanders is heading the operation, I'm just here to make sure things go smoothly. While I enjoy visits from friends, this situation isn't exactly smooth after you buzzed the camp. If they'd had any air defense set up they could've shot you down!>"
Posted Apr 27, 17 · OP
Neutral
He cleared his throat considering it's been awhile since he spoke in purely mando'a, shrugging in return, "<Well what can I say, like to live dangerous.>" he rolled his shoulders, a few pops coming from his joints. "<I ain't here willingly though, more like not given much of any other option. Someone's got an interest in the planet, and whatever stuffs here.>" He sighed.

"<Would much rather shoot him than give him what he wants but like I said, kind of don't have that option.>" He glanced at his fighter, and at the Hellweaver, "<I really rustle you guys that bad? Can't say it's the first time.>" Considering his history with Kyram'galaar, Havkota, and Burka'da, he wasn't wrong.
1461099086_12B8v3A.png

Sig courtesy of Dorito!
Posted Apr 27, 17
Empire
"<You managed to piss off the extremists well enough, but its seems war and its peace has made many of them disappear. If you're intent on angering the clans who aren't mad worshipping past Mandalores as if they were Kad himself, then you're succeeding with that little stunt,>" said Roman as he shook his head once more. Tapping the side of his helmet, the hellweaver dipped low as armored figures from the clearing began to trail out towards it as Roman gestured to the craft.

"<You employer's interest is secondary, but it sounds like you've gotten yourself into another fine mess. If he's got a gun to the back of your head, we'll do what we can to help. Our mission here is to acquire useful technology and destroy anything too useful. Nipping any ancient superweapons in the bud before the Imperials and Republic become desperate enough to use them, again,>"
rambled Roman as he loaded himself into the craft. The other Mandalorians offering a few simple nods of their helmets at Taak, even the one whom he had knocked unconscious gave him a polite wave. The other warriors of Jaig seemingly tempered as their Chieftain.

"<How about you tell me what you're looking on the way over to the camp?>"
Posted Apr 27, 17 · OP
Neutral
Taak gave the one warrior a nod, smirking beneath the helmet, "<Gotta work on your awareness, not everyone fights fair." He gives the man a pat on the shoulder before turning to Roman, "<Well, was given location of the planet, not so much a location of where this stuff is. As luck would have it my fighter made a course right over your camp.
Seeing as how it's the only bit of people for miles, figure I'd start there.>"
He then looked about the craft full of warriors, for once, feeling somewhat welcome amoung his armored kin. A first for him in a long time.

"<Can't work a job without a proper lead to go on.>"

He checked over his rifle briefly, moreso out of habit than necessity, "<And the guy who gave me the job, well it's complicated. I'm hoping to deal with it eventually.>"
1461099086_12B8v3A.png

Sig courtesy of Dorito!
Posted Apr 27, 17
Empire
"<Don't you start lecturing me on awareness! If I was someone less patient I would've destroyed your ship to lure you out!>" Roman briefly raved as he closed his fist to tap the top of Taak's helmet with a short laugh.

"<That is why I am grateful Mandalore's call took me from the private sector, less complications. I served our people faithfully there, but complications always arose. There always had to be compromises and deals; needless sacrifice in the name of greed and power,>" replied Roman past his damaged modulator as the craft shook around them skipping off the ground.

The hellweaver rode like a small boat in a great ocean, dipping with shallow curves and rises as it flew along. The other warriors went about their business as they remained focused on their HUDs, checked over their weapons, or just watched the foreign landscape rush by under them; the floating islands in the distance quite the sight for them to behold.

Weaving around the sky, they dipped low along the treeline as they skipped towards the encampment. The Mandalorians there still unloading crates from other hellweavers and drop-ships as the makeshift perimeter had been enforced with more barricades and emplacements. Armored figures dotted the walls beside small auto-blaster towers scanning the skies for distant threats.

Touching down in the landing area outside the camp, the warriors quickly unloaded from the craft as they dashed towards the walls of the camp. Past its gates, warriors had begun to strip away some pieces of armor and rest. A few cooking fires had been started as the supply drops began to trail off, the drop ships and hellweavers landing but not rising again. Finally, Roman removed his helmet, the mangled features of dark-skinned, scarred human escaping as his inhuman eyes flickered in their metallic sockets.

Pausing for a moment, the man took a wide sheet of black cotton from his belt and began to wrap a loose, masked turban around his greying features before tugging the cloth over his mouth down to speak unhindered; "<Who's got your leash, Taak?>"
Posted Apr 27, 17 · OP
Neutral
When they land Taak took off his own helmet, revealing his own features, a mix of weathered and fair. His stubble still kept long, he liked the look. He liked looking good, and it took effort being in the life to do so.
tumblr_inline_o1ydrs0GSY1tarllo_500.gif

"<A man named Krowley, nasty sunnuva bitch who's been a pain in the ass. But I'm stuck doing jobs for him.
For a handful of reasons.>"
He runs a hand down his face, shaking his head, "<It's been hell trying to keep up, but I'm managing.>"

With that a random mandalorian set on whatever it is he was doing bumped into Taak and kept going, quite rude, almost intentional, "<Really you ass? Don't you got manners?>" He barks at the mando. The warrior didn't pay him any mind, going on his way.

"<Friggin' dick...>"
1461099086_12B8v3A.png

Sig courtesy of Dorito!
Posted Apr 27, 17
Contractor's Board
Donor
Neutral
A lone Mandalorian kept to his own isolated spot, his dark green armour marked with unusual patterns of black helping him blend into the darkening world around them. Filtyarn watched from his spot a top some crates, hands moving without thought in maintenance of his rifle. Habit and care guided them in their work, a process they had long learnt to do without need for his full attention. He was listening and learning, as he always did. A new world meant new critters, creatures and challenges. But he had duty to his clan first, his role to play.

So he did what he always did. Listened to the chatter of his fellow kin, of alien winds upon an alien world, of the distant calls and songs of unknown birds and critters. He watched the various circles forming, of clans and friends, of commanders and chieftains.

The nearby landing craft and its departing crew drew his attention, studying the men and their body language. Two stood out from the rest due to their proximity to each other and how everyone else moved off away them. One was clearly a true warrior of Kad but with stains of the sloth God too. Quick to take bait and prods, quicker to rise and bare his fangs. A focus on himself.

The other... Filtyarn knew from experience the many dangers of scarred, ancient creatures and beasts. He wondered what tales those scars could tell, and what the warrior would tell instead.
Posted Apr 27, 17
Empire
Roman grabbed Taak's pauldron and pulled his attention back to him. The aged man shook his head, as his hand rose to scratch at his greying beard; "<Don't. They've all got their duty assignments right now, we're the ones being 'dicks' standing around with our thumbs up our asses.>"

Turning on his heel, his armor let out a short whine as he raised his arm to point up towards the sky, "<We've still got a few junkers in orbit, no one wants to waste any time finishing unloading them before the next Imperial, Republic, or even Alliance patrol comes by...Krowley?>"

Pausing for a moment, the man rolled out in mild amusement; "<He paid me not to hunt him back when he had a bounty you know? I was there with that hunter from Zeltros when she was just starting off...I'm rambling. I'm quite aware of what sort of man he is, but I can't help you if you don't tell me what he's got on you.>"

His inhuman eyes whirred in their socket as Roman drifted back in his thoughts. He did find himself wondering what he could do for his friend, but he was more worried what Krowley wanted on Icarus. And who tipped him off to it.

Looking over his shoulder, Roman spotted an unfamiliar suit of armor resting on a few crates watching his kin dash to and fro around the encampment. Raising his open palm and a broad smile of his sharpened to offer a short wave to Filtyarn, he made a note to speak with the warrior later. He seemed the observant one, could get the word around the camp from him.
Posted Apr 27, 17 · OP
Neutral
"<Yea that sounds like him, he likes to make deals which is what bit me in the ass.>" He followed Roman's gaze to see the lone warrior, perking a brow, "<I think I know that guy...>" He shook his head.

"<Back on track, what he has on me, is something that I'd rather not talk about in some camp with a bunch of other guys walking around. Call it personal.>" He looked about the camp quite impressed with what the mandalorians had dished out for the incursion.

"<So, if you're grabbing superweapons, you taking them so they can't use them, or are you getting them so you can?>"
1461099086_12B8v3A.png

Sig courtesy of Dorito!
Posted Apr 27, 17
Page
of 4
NoticeNotices