Star Forge
Upcoming Events
HoloNet Feed
Drawing Board Feed
Latest Threads
Dulfy RSS
Donations
Container minimized. Expand
HoloTracker: Include (1) Character's In-Game Name, (2) Faction, and (3) Location
HoloTracker [1390]
You do not have access to chat.
Welcome to HoloTracker

Working...

Resolved [Suggestion] Remove Inactive Events

3 replies
Vivek x
Banned users
To avoid clutter, please remove automatically repeating events from the Calendar (and Upcoming Events module) as per the Host to Post to Recurrent Events guidelines:

Vivek wrote:
6. Automatically repeating events are not allowed, and the check box should remain unchecked.
Additionally, recurring events are allowed to be posted up to two weeks in advance in order to balance adequate announcement and clutter.
Posted Mar 11, 17 · OP · Last edited Mar 11, 17
Neutral
IDK about rules but I took about 30 seconds to look at the recurring event listed by Aliit Rodarch. The info page here gives a contact name and instructions to check the host guild's site for details. However the contact person doesn't even have the guild's site linked anywhere on their profile; nor is it listed as being a site they belong to.

After doing a Google search to find the guild site, because you know, I'm interested in this event and that's where the event listing tells me to find info, I find that the guild does indeed have a site but it's inactive.

So apparently this event isn't actually happening and maybe it should be removed from recurring events so people can easily see stuff that's actually current. Or maybe one of the mod staff could send a note to the contact person to confirm before deleting the event.
Posted Mar 14, 17
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Republic
it's been a recurring non-event for almost a year; it's just more obvious now due to the lack of other events
20.jpg
Posted Mar 14, 17 · Last edited Mar 14, 17
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Developer
Donor
Neutral
Taken care of.
Posted Mar 14, 17
Jawa-Appro...
List