Star Forge
Upcoming Events
HoloNet Feed
Drawing Board Feed
Latest Threads
Dulfy RSS
Donations
Container minimized. Expand
HoloTracker: Include (1) Character's In-Game Name, (2) Faction, and (3) Location
HoloTracker [1390]
You do not have access to chat.
Welcome to HoloTracker

Working...

Resolved [Suggestion] News Archive Sub-Forum

2 replies
Empire
News post tends to be a favored way of showcasing an RP or express and on going RP that has exceeded from just a singular faction.

Now, in my case, this is growing, and is expanding into other factions. So, regardless, I'm going to have to condense all this information for my sanity sake. (Lovely, right?). Though, a recent development has came up, where participating members are also doing there own news posts with whichever details said character was involved in.

What I am proposing, is a sub-forum for archived news post. The benefits, which I believe would be beneficial, are listed below:
  • A condensed area of what are dubbed completed RP of related news posts (obviously at the thread creators request)
  • A pseudo How-To area for new members to check and grasp several different styles of posts that they can utilize for future news post they came introduce themselves.
  • Lastly, a nice neat area of completed threads that can be used in future RP, via linkage, or in my situation where I plan to link all involved news post in a thread with all information pertaining to my on going RP.

Anyway, just a thought to consider, and maybe an alternative to clutter. I think a News Archive would be pretty interesting overall; a place to really immortalize the RP.

~Herr Bishop
Wet_zps3a021859.jpg
Posted Nov 16, 16 · OP
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Banned users
We've discussed this internally and the majority of us do not feel an archive forum is needed for News. News posts require a label for a reason and they can be easily filtered to find specific ones through search. New users who want to make news-styled RP posts simply have to look over the first page to grasp how to do such. We're going to be remodeling the layout and structure of the forums here soon, regardless.

Thank you for the suggestion.
Posted Nov 17, 16 · Last edited Nov 17, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Developer
Donor
Neutral
I don't think archive forums are necessary in general, unless it's a forum for something like guilds where it matters if the post is still active or not. There are, however, some things that might help you achieve what you're looking for already built into Enjin.

(Sorry for the link colors not matching the rest of the forum; my personal preference is the blue so I have it set to that on my end.) On the default thread listing, you can see pretty clearly when a thread last got a post:

rFQmgDs.png

You can also view only threads with posts you haven't seen before:
ogmPp3Y.png

And, if you click on the icon next to "Custom", you can provide your own criteria and then view only those threads:
Lo2k79C.png

Hope that helps!
Posted Nov 18, 16 · Last edited Nov 18, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
NoticeNotices