Star Forge
Upcoming Events
HoloNet Feed
Drawing Board Feed
Latest Threads
Dulfy RSS
Donations
Container minimized. Expand
HoloTracker: Include (1) Character's In-Game Name, (2) Faction, and (3) Location
HoloTracker [1390]
You do not have access to chat.
Welcome to HoloTracker

Working...

Page
of 2

Resolved [Feedback] How Can We Grow?

11 replies

Hello, EBHawk!

After receiving some fantastic feedback from one of our community members, I wanted to take a moment to engage everyone regarding what really interests you all in the community itself and what you would like to see take place within it. I'm constantly impressed by the sheer amount of talent and creativity people display here on a daily basis. Naysayers may say what they would like about the SWTOR Community as a whole (that it's dying, etc) but I feel as if we have a really strong group of individuals here on the EBHawk who all share a love for the game, the mythos and the Star Wars brand in general. Try as some of us might, we always tend to come back to SWTOR because for most of us, it's our 'home'.

In keeping that in mind, how can we make our home better? What ideas excite you? What are some things we, as a community, can do together to continue inspiring each other? Would you like to see more Community Events? If so, what kind of Community Events do you prefer? Or maybe you would like to see more PvE/PvP content engaged?

Or completely outside of the game, is there anything on the forums you'd like to see more of? Maybe forum challenges, engagement in Fun Discussions? Really, the sky is the limit!

Please post your interests/ideas below. I would really appreciate it if this thread remained positive. While everyone has their own preferences when it comes to game, RP or even forum content, this thread is meant to share what those interests are, what we like and what we want to see more of - not what we don't like and want to see less of.

I'm excited to see what you all come up with!

- Virago

5BbBvIc.png
"The night unfurls; new oaths are sworn."
THE UNDERTAKING
Posted Oct 19, 16 · OP · Last edited Oct 27, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Banned users
I'd personally like to see better tauntaun representation around here. Maybe we could also host some snowball fights on Hoth. Every winning team gets a book from the young adult section of my collection. Losing teams get to deal with Kepal reading abandoned story dialogue.
Posted Oct 19, 16 · Last edited Oct 19, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Empire
I'd personally like to see better tauntaun representation around here. Maybe we could also host some snowball fights on Hoth. Every winning team gets a doll from Kepal 's collection. Losing teams get to deal with my speeches.

I've told you repeatedly, Warhammer miniatures are "expensive dolls".
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Empire
I know some people in the community express their opinions in ways that are seen as kind of hostile, or acerbic or what have you -- and I think that some of them are coming from good places in their hearts. So, I apologize if I come off sometimes as being kind of crass, or short -- I really do mean good, even if I'm crude.

I'm really thrilled to see you guys looking for input on how to grow rather than how to limit. I think that distinction alone is an important step forward in changing the site, or allowing it to change, for the better.

One thing I'd like to see, is a return to times when the was more of a bridge in the community between groups and stories that allowed many different backgrounds, origins and histories to come together in a blend that ultimately leads to tons of great RP.

I don't think EBhawk has ever really played with the idea of an "Official" server event, and perhaps for some good reasons: It could be seen as supporting a certain "subset" of canon or player-lore, for one example. However, I think that if enough care and thought was taken into it, a good event could be created that could bridge players from all walks of life and RP background to mingle their guilds, etc.

I'd propose / help with something of an Ebon Hawk Guild Fair (Something I've been tossing around at my own personal site, Gruuvan.com) where there's a basic, neutral setting to involve absolutely as many guilds as possible -- even if in a meta, OOC sense.

Another thing I'd like to see is a monthly podcast by the staff (which I'd love to help out with, if I hadn't mentioned! Pick me, pick me!) to go over events that have happened on the server, major concerns the staff have had, things they'd like to accomplish or look towards for the future, etc. Basically a monthly "State of our community" in which you can express yourselves to everyone in a neat-to-digest and convenient way, and even field maybe some of their concerns in your own way.

Also, remember to visit Gruuvan Acres for all your gardening needs, and write in Gruuvan for President on November whatever it is.
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Republic
I'd be down for some world pvp events, I know they can be very laggy. But Oricon can be a lot of fun with enough people and if it doesn't just end up becoming base squatting. I don't have much interest in the game right now except for being able to stay in touch with friends. But I think it'd be awesome to perhaps get people engaged in something like that.

We've had events like that go on before and I'm sure there are people that still want or need Scare Bear. I think there are also some Yavin achievements too, it might be worth exploring if people are down for it. :) I'd come play and help rally. People might have fun. lol

Edit: One thing that also crosses my mind that might be a good thing. I do not know if we have something like this in place, but is there a spot on the forums where newer players can come for help on their class? Or for OPS, PvP? Granted, there is Dulfy, but often a player can learn more from a hands on experience from someone that knows what they're doing.

Be it just questions or just a place where they can meet up in game with someone to learn their class better, be it PvE or PvP. Or just to understand basic mechanics such as Resolve in PvP, I've run into even players that have played over a year that never understood how Resolve works. Maybe it would be healthy to have a place where people could reach out for stuff like that. I've had multiple occasions where I've had people come up to me for questions about VG/PT. I was able to help them out, I think it'd be great if we had a way for willing veteran players to help out the newer ones that come about.

Just a thought.

Posted Oct 20, 16 · Last edited Oct 20, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Neutral
Server event of some kind sounds like a good idea (Not my original suggestion, just seconding it), I remember smaller warcraft realms feeling more connected with the lore events going on as they happened and that was nice. Don't know why the rebellion meets died off, the stronghold-swapping premise was great. I balk at the idea of running community anything so I'm part of the problem there yeah >_>.

I remember seeing some people advertise their...idk what it was, a club called the butt of the hutt was involved in /1. Stuff like that could be nice for grabbing people who aren't on-site to pull them into events if you can handle the potential of griefers n' shit.
Posted Oct 20, 16 · Last edited Oct 20, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
The suggestions about PVP and all are extremely wonderful except I personally wouldn't know the first thing about how to go about setting these guides up given that there are some serious changes coming with 5.0. I'm sure that is something that can be done but I know that they are getting rid of resolve and expertise all together.
Posted Oct 21, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Empire
Possibly attempting to do some sort of events with the whole new Dark vs Light thing they talked about could be interesting, though it's nature might make it somewhat difficult to schedule or plan anything out in too much detail.
Vph71bq.gif
Posted Oct 21, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Empire
With these idea's suggested, it's likely best to wait until the 5.0 changes are brought in. It is important to approach anything server wide with PvP step by step, I have been in numerous events like these in the past. I, myself, am currently laying out the base ground work for such an event, and studying the changes closely to ensure no slip ups will occur (I'm sure there will be some, but mitigate to as few as possible).

With the removal of expertise, that will be the challenge, very unsure of what PvP would be like. More or less guessing a more extensive guide to min/maxing and possibly the eruption of stat builds fully coming into play.

So, there are quite a bit of unknowns, and if the community is taking a standpoint on PvP events; why not incorporate guides for stat builds? Possibly add a section for things like PvP/PvE guides, tips, so on.
Wet_zps3a021859.jpg
Posted Oct 22, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Empire
Actualy the removal of expertise should make world based pvp significantly more balanced. Because of the level scaling, one of the issues currently with world PVP is that expertise does not scale down. Without expertise all stats should normalize fairly close to each other with the level scaling.
Vph71bq.gif
Posted Oct 22, 16
Page
of 2
NoticeNotices