Star Forge
Upcoming Events
HoloNet Feed
Drawing Board Feed
Latest Threads
Dulfy RSS
Donations
Container minimized. Expand
HoloTracker: Include (1) Character's In-Game Name, (2) Faction, and (3) Location
HoloTracker [1333]
Sun at 1:12
A bounty hunter in armor of vaguely-Mandalorian style has been spotted shopping on the Promenade. He appears to be looking for infant-sized clothes. (Eksa [alt code 0228 on the "a"] Bendak, Empire, Nar Shaddaa instance 3, coordinates X -1083 Y -712)
Sun at 2:45
The hunter has made his purchases and departed.
You do not have access to chat.
Welcome to HoloTracker

Working...

Empire Dromund Kaas The Azure Reef - Kaas Restaurant & Lord Xarrolt's Sanctum

6 replies
Empire
3748918.jpg

Owner: Xarrolt (Empire)
Keyholders: (Alt) Ravvi
Stronghold: Xarrolt's Imperial Sanctuary, Kaas City Apartment
Location: Below Lord Xarrolt's Sanctum in Kaas City Outskirts
Premise: High End Restaurant, Available to Imperials, Sith and Diplomatic Guests
Security: Strong Security System, Combat Droids, Imperial Guardsmen
Notes: The Azure Reef is only one section of this Stronghold, though all but the top room (with three branching off) are publicly accessible at most hours.

DISCLAIMER: Stronghold is still under construction. With keeping my color theme in mind, it's hard to acquire cheap decor that fits a purpose. There are areas I'd like to improve on over time.

Reviews

"The Azure Reef offers a dining experience like few others, with live entertainment enhanced by a massive holoprojector and a soothing, natural atmosphere. Dim blue lighting and aquatic background music gives guests the sensation of being under water without having to get wet. If you can get a reservation, don't be too eager to order, as there are dozens upon dozens of creatures to choose from, and even more ways to have them made. The price for excellence is never a trivial matter, so don't think you'll be coming here every night, but as an occasional treat for you and yours, The Azure Reef is the place to be."
-Anonymous Guest
Information

(W.I.P.)
Two aquatables are on either side of the entrance, a full service bar located between them.
--The fully stocked bar and expert bartenders can pour you almost anything you desire, though rare and exotic wines are showcased and frequently offered for sampling. White wines and soft reds are the specialty, given the restaurant's focus on seafood. Some pre-made food is also showcased and sold beneath the counter.
--By approaching one of the four flat surfaces at an aquatable, the pop-up holomenu is activated, where you can browse the various types of seafoods and preparations with the flick of your wrist. Chairs rise up from the ground when requested, though some prefer to stand while eating.
--When the central pool is activated, anti-gravity and shielding technology bring a glowing pillar of water up from below, filled with the bounty of the oceans. All manner of fish, squid, crustaceans, sea cucumbers, sea urchins and more float through the water, ready to be prepared in no less than half a dozen different ways by culinary geniuses.
--When you've made your selections, your meal sinks down the pillar and back into the kitchen, where it is promptly prepared to your liking before emerging from a hole at the edge of the pool, making it's way to you on the conveyor belt.

The entertainment area is situated against the rear-tank, where the largest creatures such as sharks swim by.
--Though it can be hard to tell from the water and sea life, the transparent tank looks out over Kaas City's immaculate spires, making it seem as if the city itself is on another world.

Two lounges are in the back on either side of the entertainment area, providing a more relaxed area when events aren't being held, or when the event has an overflow of guests for the one long table.
--Food and drinks may be taken back here to free up space at the aquatables or bar.

The Menu

Welcome to the Azure Reef. We have a vast array of food for you, and there are numerous ways to pair and prepare everything on our menu. At any time you can bring up the holomenu, cycling through Fish, Crustaceans, Mollusks, Cephalopods, Echinoderms and More, which includes everything from Roe and Rice to Seaweed, Broths and Garnishes. As you explore, suggestions will be made based on previous selections. For example, if you were to select Shrimp, Seaweed and Roe, our menu may suggest Sushi Rolls with those ingredients. For a more simplified experience, you may choose from our excellent specials.

Spoiler: MenuShow

--Fish--
Tuna, Salmon, Snapper, Mahi Mahi, Hogfish, Swordfish, Skate, Shark, Eel, Blowfish, Lamprey

---Crustaceans--
Crab, Shrimp, Lobster, Crayfish

--Mollusks--
Clams, Oysters, Mussels, Scallops, Conch, Cockles, Whelks

--Cephalopods--
Octopus, Squid, Cuttlefish

--Echinoderms--
Sea Urchin, Sea Cucumber, Starfish

--Other--
Roe, Seaweed, Soft Coral, Rice, Rice Noodles, Misc. Toppings, Garnishes, Dips, Broths, Sauces, Seasonings, etc.

Specials

Baked Tuna over Rice Noodles
Blackened Salmon over Greens
Sweet and Sour Mackerel Soup
Sushi Roll Variety Platter
Dancing Squid and Roe
Breathing Snapper Fish

Spoiler: Specials VisualShow

Some Reference Videos
(WARNING, "LIVE FOOD")
(Live food is an option, not the rule at The Azure Reef.)
Spoiler: Show

Sanctum

3851395.jpg
Posted Aug 21, 16 · OP · Last edited Jan 30, 17
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Empire
This looks amazing! :d I'll make sure to get the Chiss to visit! <3
Posted Aug 21, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Empire
Is it tacky if Adra asks for the inclusion of roasted space salmon or shark :) ?
w40k%20player.jpg
Posted Aug 21, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Empire
Mar'eyce will push for the inclusion of Chiss delicacies like Hakarl.

Even without fermented shark, I'll totally try to get the Volition crew there.
The first rule of RP Club is to tell as many people as possible about RP Club
Posted Aug 21, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Empire
Yeah I left the entirety of the menu up to the imagination, so: If someone wants something not listed, you can just assume it's available. If someone wants something to be listed, or to help with the menu, I'll definitely accept.

I considered making a visual holomenu but it just seems like more work than I can put in right now.

That said I'm definitely open to reservations being made, people asking for keys, etc. Just keep in mind the levels of access to different parts of the SH. I had planned to invite some of the Volition people Xarrolt met, just feeling like I should prepare more somehow before sending out an actual IC invite.
Posted Aug 23, 16 · OP
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Empire
I've updated the thread a bit, including the addition of six specials, after hearing interest of a guild reservation.

Staff would be welcome still though I think for that reservation specifically no entertainment was wanted.
Posted Dec 27, 16 · OP
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Neutral
Dang we need something like this on the Republic Side :( but it looks very interesting nice job
Posted Jul 18, 17
NoticeNotices