Star Forge
Upcoming Events
HoloNet Feed
Drawing Board Feed
Latest Threads
Dulfy RSS
Donations
Container minimized. Expand
HoloTracker: Include (1) Character's In-Game Name, (2) Faction, and (3) Location
HoloTracker [1333]
Sun at 1:12
A bounty hunter in armor of vaguely-Mandalorian style has been spotted shopping on the Promenade. He appears to be looking for infant-sized clothes. (Eksa [alt code 0228 on the "a"] Bendak, Empire, Nar Shaddaa instance 3, coordinates X -1083 Y -712)
Sun at 2:45
The hunter has made his purchases and departed.
You do not have access to chat.
Welcome to HoloTracker

Working...

Page
of 5

Resolved [Suggestion] EBHAWK Discord Channel

41 replies
Empire
Connecting in any community can be difficult, so anything that makes it easier is good, right?

Discord, from what I have seen, can be a huge boon to an RP community. I have seen one for BDO, individual guilds and TESO-RP, and each have been really well done.

A big benefit of having a Discord vs. just relying on the chat box we have now is separate channels. (General, Off Topic, Lore, etc.) It also has built in voice chat, for those who prefer it.

Here's a look at how TESO-RP's Discord is set up: (I've blacked out names of users and games that aren't TESO, just to be careful. /shrug)

3746107.jpg

I personally wouldn't want to set it up, but would be willing to help out a bit and even reach out to other communities for tips if we decided to go through with it.
Yes, I think we would benefit from having a Discord for ebhawk.enjin!
3 votes
100%
No.
0 votes
0%
Number of voters: 3
Posted Aug 20, 16 · OP · Last edited Oct 27, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Neutral
I think it would be a great idea, and a good way for people in the community to get together.
tumblr_o7hq04QkhU1r3lxomo2_r2_1280.png
Posted Aug 20, 16
Banned users
I'm fully in support of this. Makes it easier to plan for RP as well.
8cc69538419cddcf.png

974f9d6ba1bcf96d.png
Posted Aug 20, 16
Empire
My main issue with this is how it could split up the current community of the website. I don't necessarily see the need for another text chat, and I'm not sure what other text channels would provide that the site doesn't already. A 'looking for RP' type thing seems to be present already with the holotracker, and OOC chat is available and it seems weird to direct people to two different places just for the sake of using discord. The other sections of the example you provided look like forums we already have where people can already post their specific quandaries or ideas even if it's not in something direct as a chat channel. Voice chat could also be pretty niche.

My two cents.
Posted Aug 20, 16
Empire
The thing is, I tend to tune out of the chat box pretty quickly when it gets into off topic silliness and such, which to be fair, is "on topic" in a chat box with no absolute purpose or premise. No bad feelings toward anyone who does that or likes that freedom in a chat box, but I do wish discussions could take place more easily without being derailed after a few seconds by memes or whatever. A lot of the time I don't want to start a new thread and "spam" the forums, I'd rather have a real-time chat area where what I want to talk about / read about is more common and welcome.
Posted Aug 20, 16 · OP
Neutral
And I do think a voice chat, even if not a lot of people would use it, would still be pretty cool.
tumblr_o7hq04QkhU1r3lxomo2_r2_1280.png
Posted Aug 20, 16
Empire
And I do think a voice chat, even if not a lot of people would use it, would still be pretty cool.

Yeah, I've never been a big voice chat person but I have tried to break out of my shell a little when it's readily available, like in Warframe and for a bit in Smite.
Posted Aug 20, 16 · OP
Neutral
Do you think Discord would possibly diminish the website activity. If people are connecting and talking there, what would they have use for here?
Posted Aug 21, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Empire
Discord and chat boxes kill forums. They usually wind up with just a few people in them and new people ask questions in there instead of making threads.

The nice thing about forums, for me, is they move slower than a chat conversation, so I can look at a forum once a day and participate in conversations. It sucks when all the interesting conversation is in real time chat.

Plus every forum I use that has a Discord, every time I go in there it's just the same 5-10 people joking and flirting all day and it gets super cliqueish. So no thanks.

56909583.jpg
wraithssig_zps16fa660e.png
Posted Aug 21, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Empire
I like the last two points that have been made. This seems like too large of a community for something, and it seems like it would kinda kill the website. That's just my opinion, though. Don't take it as fact.

I wouldn't care too much if we got one, I just would prefer we didn't. Less things for me to be connected to. Besides, having 7+ people in a voice chat room gets fucking hectic.
Posted Aug 21, 16
Page
of 5
NoticeNotices