Star Forge
Upcoming Events
HoloNet Feed
Drawing Board Feed
Latest Threads
Dulfy RSS
Donations
Container minimized. Expand
HoloTracker: Include (1) Character's In-Game Name, (2) Faction, and (3) Location
HoloTracker [1333]
Sun at 1:12
A bounty hunter in armor of vaguely-Mandalorian style has been spotted shopping on the Promenade. He appears to be looking for infant-sized clothes. (Eksa [alt code 0228 on the "a"] Bendak, Empire, Nar Shaddaa instance 3, coordinates X -1083 Y -712)
Sun at 2:45
The hunter has made his purchases and departed.
You do not have access to chat.
Welcome to HoloTracker

Working...

Resolved [Suggestion] Better Visibility & Support for Strongholds

8 replies
Empire
Since a lot of RP does happen in Strongholds, and many of us do make them to be roleplayed in, I was thinking we could use a full-fledged Stronghold forum, rather than a sub-forum under Holonet Transmissions.

In general I think more organization here would be great, If we don't have enough modules to have a sub-forum for each type of Stronghold (Coruscant, Dromund Kaas, etc.), the current Stronghold Directory sub-forum could still be moved into it, but the main forum, or another sub-forum, would be for general Stronghold discussion. People could post decor wishlists or ask, for example, if there's anyone who has or would be interested in making a high end restaurant on Dromund Kaas.

I just really want to see the potential for strongholds enhance the community.

Also for strongholds that are ICly somewhere else, we could maybe have an easy to reference tag.

I was told to turn this into a vote, so, please vote yes! = P
Yes, please, better support for strongholds can only be a good thing!
0 votes
0%
No, I don't think it's necessary or will help.
0 votes
0%
Number of voters: 0
Posted Aug 15, 16 · OP · Last edited Oct 27, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Administrator
Republic
Just a bump to bring this to attention again!
9ab7ad7f337bd30c517104fa6dd2d241.png
Posted Aug 16, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Empire
Yes. Let's have a stronghold directory post/thread that is visible from the homepage. One that lists the name of the stronghold. Planet it's on in game, what factions it is open to, and then any rp details like ICly what planet is on and a gist of the setting.
Posted Aug 16, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Neutral
I like the idea, but the realist in me just can't see it being an effective tool.

Personally I feel that strongholds killed open world RP (if we ever really had it). In the other games I play I run into open world RP all over the place, but it ToR, you log in and everyone is hiding away in their Strongholds. :(
tumblr_nl3319SLin1u885n3o1_500.gif
Posted Aug 16, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Republic
wrote:
I like the idea, but the realist in me just can't see it being an effective tool.

Personally I feel that strongholds killed open world RP (if we ever really had it). In the other games I play I run into open world RP all over the place, but it ToR, you log in and everyone is hiding away in their Strongholds. :(

See, I don't see everyone hiding away in their strongholds. What I see is that the kind of open world RP we do still have (outside of scheduled events) is pretty much all casual cantina RP, and a lot of people turn up their noses at that and refuse to participate. Now, I agree wading through fleetina RP can be difficult at times; there's some crazy stuff I've seen on display. However, the fact remains I found a LOT of my current RP partners through chance encounters in purely social RP. It's worth diving in and seeing what you can find of interest and fun to you.

As far as the stronghold directory goes, I think it's a great idea. Not many people take advantage of the publicly listed strongholds, and I think some of that may be they simply don't know the story and concept behind the stronghold and don't know if their character would even go there. Providing that information here on the forum would help.
Posted Aug 16, 16 · Last edited Aug 16, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Neutral
wrote:
is pretty much all casual cantina RP, and a lot of people turn up their noses at that and refuse to participate. Now, I agree wading through fleetina RP can be difficult at times; there's some crazy stuff I've seen on display. However, the fact remains I found a LOT of my current RP partners through chance encounters in purely social RP. It's worth diving in and seeing what you can find of interest and fun to you.

I wanted to touch on this as well, but couldn't find a way to do it without (probably) pissing a few people off.

There are guilds I would love to bump into and start something random and organic with. But they never seem to leave their Strongholds and I can't say I am really a fan of "manufacturing" reasons to meet up with people, doing that takes away part of the fun of the initial encounter.
tumblr_nl3319SLin1u885n3o1_500.gif
Posted Aug 16, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Vivek x
Banned users
I voted 'Yes' because it doesn't hurt anyone, nor disrupt the flow of the forums to increase the visibility and support of Strongholds and their availability. That being said, I will refer to the Stronghold Directory Guidelines as a reference for all Strongholds threads because a vast majority of them fail to make the necessary information for access visible, if at all. The template isn't a requirement, so much a resource that I strongly encourage because I suspect a lot of Strongholds are passed over because no one can easily figure out who to contact for invites.

On the topic of Stongholds and its effect on Open-World Role Play, I'd like to point out that it's a different topic altogether.
Posted Aug 16, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Administrator
Republic
We will give this post five more days to gather some votes to make sure it has the widespread view of the active user-base to voice their opinion and make the changes based with what is provided then. Thank you, Oak!
9ab7ad7f337bd30c517104fa6dd2d241.png
Posted Aug 17, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Graphic Artist
Republic
I had a bunch of decorations and wanted to give a place for the community in which to conduct rp at, which is why I created Point Nelere roughly a year ago. While it might seem a bad idea to gather up in Strongholds for rp and such, it also grants unique opportunities to fabricate roleplay at. I've met many awesome roleplayers through this. There's only so much fleet rp one can do.

I voted yes because sometimes I have to think twice where the SH Directory's at.
Posted Aug 17, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
NoticeNotices