Mar 10 '19
08:00 PM
HoloNet Feed
Drawing Board Feed
Latest Threads
Dulfy RSS
Donations
Container minimized. Expand
HoloTracker: Include (1) Character's In-Game Name, (2) Faction, and (3) Location
HoloTracker [1359]
You do not have access to chat.
Welcome to HoloTracker

Working...

Page
of 4

Chapter 16 Discussion

32 replies
Administrator
Republic
Post here your opinions, thoughts on the ending of KOTFE.
9ab7ad7f337bd30c517104fa6dd2d241.png
Posted Aug 8, 16 · OP
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Neutral
I can't quite encapsulate a prolonged farting sound into anything erudite.

So a prolonged farting noise it shall have to be.
0Uu26MI.png
((Sig courtesy of Beviin!))
Posted Aug 8, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Administrator
Republic
Well, something good came out of it.

Guss Tuno's dialogue had something about a Naboo Queen, which most certainly mean that it is a thing!
Posted Aug 8, 16 · OP
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Republic
Lazy writing. That's really my big issue. All betrayals were obvious pretty much from the moment you met the characters. All 'plot twists' were entirely predictable. No intrigue. No surprises. And no satisfying climax.

I liked the boss fight mechanics against Arcann, but that's about the only good thing I can say at this point.
Posted Aug 8, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Donor
Republic
They have fewer and fewer excuses for not giving us the Knights' shields now.
Posted Aug 8, 16
Empire
My biggest and only real issue is that it leaves us in Cliffhanger territory where once again we are going to have to go for a period of time in murky "What is going on in the galaxy" territory for RP without knowing anything for sure till the new season starts.
Vph71bq.gif
Posted Aug 8, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Administrator
Republic
Bioware has not made this content with the consideration of the writers, not KOTFE. Haven't since the start. They promised information about plenty of things, 'before Chapter 16' like, they said they were going to explore what happened to Sith/Jedi before Chapter 15 but never delivered.

We, as writers, are forced and pigeon-holed in a very inappropriate ignorant and unfair manner. Something that could be resolved in simple, easy, codex's. It is completely unfair of any developer to not take into consideration, an actual part of a loyal fanbase. Something that's even easier to resolve and appease then, raiders or PvPers. You literally just need to write a little, and we're happy. They failed.

We'll find ways to work around the walls, we have since release of KOTFE.
Posted Aug 8, 16 · OP · Last edited Aug 8, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
i am cheesed
d693bd2054035fd9102ff986adde17db.png
Posted Aug 8, 16
Donor
Republic
As someone who hasn't posted here in a while I felt like grumbling here (rather than on my wall because spoilers) about how poor this ending was that I actually am considering uninstalling the game completely at this point. I've already unsubbed but it was just a matter of time. I'll just do this in bullet points.

• Don't give me the option to "Kill Arcann" and then have him not die a cutscene later in the finale of your horribly overhyped plot. It's stupid.

• Don't then give me the option to kill him again (and Senya but who cares) and then have him escape again anyway in the same chapter.

• Why make Arcann so irreparably evil through EVERYTHING we see in all chapters...and then he just changes his mind because mommy loves him?

• Why make all the good guys the most unintelligent and impractical beings in the galaxy and have them walk right into the most obvious trap? I had figured out right at the very start that the reason SCORPIO told them where we were and that she told us they were coming was so that we could both be in the same place so she could kill us. It was stupidly obvious but my character derps right into it anyway.

• Why are we implied to practically have a standing army...but we only send the Gravestone in to fight?

• What was the point of choosing Mass Effect suicide mission style roles for everyone when they didn't matter to begin with and everyone succeeds at everything?

• Why is Koth able to lock an impossibly complex AI like SCORPIO out of hacking the Gravestone with one push of a button after he's shown himself to be completely inept at all things through 15 chapters? (alternative gripe: Why did we let Koth on the Gravestone when he just appeared out of nowhere after he threw a hissy fit, tried to steal the Gravestone, and then just left? It's like we WANTED him to steal it...and he did)

• What the fuck was SCORPIO's motivation and why did it include turning on us in the first place? It makes no fucking sense. She wanted to save her "children" by giving them free will. Okay sure...but why was going against the Alliance necessary for that? Why not just state your intentions and find that the Commander doesn't care and will let you do it...ESPECIALLY a light side Commander? DOUBLE ESPECIALLY an Imperial Agent character who gave SCORPIO every opportunity to do as she pleased throughout the vanilla game?

• Why does "I don't want to be controlled either" make Vaylin and SCORPIO instant besties after Vaylin has been shown to be batshit insane at all times and hasn't been controlled by anyone since Arcann has been in power, AND after SCORPIO has been shown to not give a shit about organics? Oh right because sequel hook.

• Why make the climactic boss fight have such anti-climactic mechanics as "avoid this series of very slow cast AoEs, now avoid this series, now pick up a shield and hit him with it! Don't worry you have automatic health regen, you can't die"?

• Why spend the time making mechanics for mini-boss encounters when the mini-bosses are rendered moot by taking the turrets you offered earlier and just using them to nuke him while he stands still?

• Why make Valkorian appear and say a nebulous line when literally nothing has been explained about him through the whole of 16 chapters and it wasn't his power in the least that helped you defeat Arcann in the first place?

• Why is the main character the most inept fighter in the galaxy when it comes to every cutscene in KOTFE whereas in everything from vanilla up til Shadow of Revan he/she was shown as incredibly skilled in combat?
Posted Aug 9, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Empire
As someone who hasn't posted here in a while I felt like grumbling here (rather than on my wall because spoilers) about how poor this ending was that I actually am considering uninstalling the game completely at this point. I've already unsubbed but it was just a matter of time. I'll just do this in bullet points.

• Don't give me the option to "Kill Arcann" and then have him not die a cutscene later in the finale of your horribly overhyped plot. It's stupid.

• Don't then give me the option to kill him again (and Senya but who cares) and then have him escape again anyway in the same chapter.

• Why make Arcann so irreparably evil through EVERYTHING we see in all chapters...and then he just changes his mind because mommy loves him?

• Why make all the good guys the most unintelligent and impractical beings in the galaxy and have them walk right into the most obvious trap? I had figured out right at the very start that the reason SCORPIO told them where we were and that she told us they were coming was so that we could both be in the same place so she could kill us. It was stupidly obvious but my character derps right into it anyway.

• Why are we implied to practically have a standing army...but we only send the Gravestone in to fight?

• What was the point of choosing Mass Effect suicide mission style roles for everyone when they didn't matter to begin with and everyone succeeds at everything?

• Why is Koth able to lock an impossibly complex AI like SCORPIO out of hacking the Gravestone with one push of a button after he's shown himself to be completely inept at all things through 15 chapters? (alternative gripe: Why did we let Koth on the Gravestone when he just appeared out of nowhere after he threw a hissy fit, tried to steal the Gravestone, and then just left? It's like we WANTED him to steal it...and he did)

• What the fuck was SCORPIO's motivation and why did it include turning on us in the first place? It makes no fucking sense. She wanted to save her "children" by giving them free will. Okay sure...but why was going against the Alliance necessary for that? Why not just state your intentions and find that the Commander doesn't care and will let you do it...ESPECIALLY a light side Commander? DOUBLE ESPECIALLY an Imperial Agent character who gave SCORPIO every opportunity to do as she pleased throughout the vanilla game?

• Why does "I don't want to be controlled either" make Vaylin and SCORPIO instant besties after Vaylin has been shown to be batshit insane at all times and hasn't been controlled by anyone since Arcann has been in power, AND after SCORPIO has been shown to not give a shit about organics? Oh right because sequel hook.

• Why make the climactic boss fight have such anti-climactic mechanics as "avoid this series of very slow cast AoEs, now avoid this series, now pick up a shield and hit him with it! Don't worry you have automatic health regen, you can't die"?

• Why spend the time making mechanics for mini-boss encounters when the mini-bosses are rendered moot by taking the turrets you offered earlier and just using them to nuke him while he stands still?

• Why make Valkorian appear and say a nebulous line when literally nothing has been explained about him through the whole of 16 chapters and it wasn't his power in the least that helped you defeat Arcann in the first place?

• Why is the main character the most inept fighter in the galaxy when it comes to every cutscene in KOTFE whereas in everything from vanilla up til Shadow of Revan he/she was shown as incredibly skilled in combat?

I personally feel like your entire bullet list just sort of ignores many things in favor of supporting personal bias of dislike, but I will try to address some of them anyway

Don't give me the option to "Kill Arcann" and then have him not die a cutscene later in the finale of your horribly overhyped plot. It's stupid. <- No more so than actually expecting to be able to kill a major character in what is essentially the middle of the overall plot in the first place. Nor is it actually a terrible thing to make you not always succeed to do things when you try to, just because you are given the option to try and kill someone does not mean it should always work.

Why make Arcann so irreparably evil through EVERYTHING we see in all chapters...and then he just changes his mind because mommy loves him? <-- Evil people being redeemed in moments like that is a common thing in Star wars, this is hardly a unique concept to the setting, nor do we know if that is even the reason. It is very possible he did it because he knew Senya would save him and did not trust Vaylin to do the same.

Why make all the good guys the most unintelligent and impractical beings in the galaxy and have them walk right into the most obvious trap? I had figured out right at the very start that the reason SCORPIO told them where we were and that she told us they were coming was so that we could both be in the same place so she could kill us. It was stupidly obvious but my character derps right into it anyway.

Why are we implied to practically have a standing army...but we only send the Gravestone in to fight?

You assume that they didn't know that and just went anyway because there were few other options to do so, they either went to Arcaan or he would come to them the result remains the same. this can at the same time address your second point. If you KNOW it's a trap why would you take your entire army into it?

What the fuck was SCORPIO's motivation and why did it include turning on us in the first place? It makes no fucking sense. She wanted to save her "children" by giving them free will. Okay sure...but why was going against the Alliance necessary for that? Why not just state your intentions and find that the Commander doesn't care and will let you do it...ESPECIALLY a light side Commander? DOUBLE ESPECIALLY an Imperial Agent character who gave SCORPIO every opportunity to do as she pleased throughout the vanilla game? <- What makes you think the motivations or thinking of a droid is going to be the same as a normal person? Why risk the chance that you would deny it when she can avoid that chance and do it herself. Humans are hardly reliable creatures, and it is not like they do not often change their minds or behavior suddenly and sometimes very unexpectedly.

Why does "I don't want to be controlled either" make Vaylin and SCORPIO instant besties after Vaylin has been shown to be batshit insane at all times and hasn't been controlled by anyone since Arcann has been in power, AND after SCORPIO has been shown to not give a shit about organics? Oh right because sequel hook. <- this assumes SCORPIO is not simply using Vaylin, and assumes that Vaylin is sane (She isn't), it also ignores that Vaylin spend a good deal of her life controlled by Valokorion and was in fact still controlled somewhat by Arcaan. When Arcaan ordered her to send the knights to death match each other it was clear she didn't want to do it.

Why make Valkorian appear and say a nebulous line when literally nothing has been explained about him through the whole of 16 chapters and it wasn't his power in the least that helped you defeat Arcann in the first place? <- because it is setting up an entire new series of chapters? If things had been explained his appearance would be even more pointless, and you are also assuming that Valkorion was in no way responsible for helping you defeat Arcaan, when you are in fact shown to utilize an ability similar to one of his, which is not something you were ever taught to do by Marr and Satele.
Vph71bq.gif
Posted Aug 9, 16
Page
of 4
NoticeNotices