Mar 10 '19
08:00 PM
HoloNet Feed
Drawing Board Feed
Latest Threads
Dulfy RSS
Donations
Container minimized. Expand
HoloTracker: Include (1) Character's In-Game Name, (2) Faction, and (3) Location
HoloTracker [1359]
You do not have access to chat.
Welcome to HoloTracker

Working...

Page
of 4

<The Black Gauntlet> Sith Intelligence [Agents/Sith/Navy]

31 replies
Neutral
Seeking New Members! Black Gauntlet was founded in 2015 and are eager for new friends to join us! We prioritize being a fun loving group who support each other while creative an immersive and compelling RP experience.
If you have any questions feel free to ask!

For Recruiting Status and Most up to date info: Refer to our Front page.[/center]
black-gauntlet-brainstorm-lighter-bg.png
Thank you to Daidra for our epic guild logo!
Seeking Members for our growing Intelligence Program.
Agents have the opportunity to become Ciphers, Fixers, or Watchers! The Confessor [Click for info] needs people to fly her! Our Sith Enclave continues to grow!

Member Comments

"The friendliest community of backstabbing spies you could ever hope to be a part of."

"As someone who works in Intelligence as my real job, I'm always hesitant to write Intelligence-based RP, but Black Gauntlet actually pulls it off. Very Bond-meets-Bourne-meets-Intelligent, Intelligence RP. I enjoy writing it with Gauntlet, and intend to get more amazing stories out of them!"

"Gauntlet is the place where your character can progress with the help of your guildmates. You become involved where guild story and other stories mix together to benefit everyone"

"My first week in, and it [was] the most immersive RP experience I've had the pleasure of being a part of in years. The players are welcoming and help create an inclusive environment for new people to explore and grow their characters."

"The freedom of self, lack of judgement, laid back attitude, and willingness to roleplay on a consistent basis is what I enjoy most about Black Gauntlet."

"What I enjoy the most about being a member of the Black Gaunlet is the immersion. The guild prides itself on sticking to the lore of the game while allowing some creative freedom to create some interesting stories derived from The Old Republic's main narrative. The events are well put together, using a system based off of Fantasy Flight's Dark Heresy RPG. In addition to our in-game characters, we have character sheets with a progression path parallel to the game's mechanics with a pen-and-paper feel to it. It is no exaggeration to say that my time with this guild has been among the best and enjoyable experiences I have had roleplaying in years."

"As someone that hates roll systems with a passion, let me start by saying that the system used by Gauntlet is THE best I've ever used. I've never felt that it was too random, or failed to do my character justice. The community itself is excellent as well, very inclusive, even to people beyond the guild. They're very involved in the community at large, so you're never limited to JUST the Gauntlet. Solid people, solid stories, best guild I've ever been a part of on Ebon Hawk."

"The guild OOCly are a fun bunch. We laugh almost every single night on voice chat in discord and have a lot of discussions in our discord page. Everyone connects and everyone is approachable. Friendly group of people and funny as well.

ICly: ICly, Black Gauntlet has allowed my character to grow exponentially. To where before he was a simple agent roaming around the imperial Fleet now he is able to interact with other agents as well. There are weekly missions and a lot of stuff to do with guild members. We have a mission board and roughly 2-3 storylines going on. Something fits for everyone. I enjoy it here and I do not see myself leaving any time soon. He has gone from an Agent to now a Watcher. Working alongside the leadership to manage missions and oversee the group. There are many opportunities for characters to grow!"

b5ptfd.jpg

About The Black Gauntlet

*GM = Game Master/Storyteller

We are a small Empire guild on Ebon Hawk. Our characters are a part of a special forces group for the Empire under Sith Intelligence. We have an experienced staff and GM's for running guild plots. We do keep up with the SWTOR canon and are currently at war with the Republic. At this time we are keeping it vague for the outcome of the Iokath storyline and say that the war is currently at a draw.

We have a fully unlocked guild stronghold on Nar Shaddaa that we use as a regular RP venue. (There are pics in the galleries.) As well as a fully unlocked guild ship.We pride ourselves on our group effort to have a happy and healthy OOC community with a guild discord and occasional PvE nights on top of our IC missions and regular roleplaying. There is always room for character growth. Our Agents can earn Cipher rank or higher, and we have a master/apprentice system for Sith as well.

Although we are serious about our RP, we are rather chill OOCly. There is much fun and joy in our ooc channels and discord voice rooms! The following intro is to lay everything out right off the bat to get it out of the way and on to the fun! Cheers!
AGENTS

This is Gauntlet's specialty. We take old school agents from the days of Imperial Intelligence as well as fresh face graduates from the current Sith Intelligence Academy. With our Keeper and Watchers ever vigilant, our agent branch has and always will be thriving and is often capped out on members, but certainly check in on the front page for the recruitment status on agents.
SITH

Sith are considered a part of the overall Power base. Black Gauntlet's Sith Enclave is run by a council of Lords and Darths with one representative from each sphere and overseen by the Grand Darth, who is their patron Darth. Each has a vested interest in empowering Sith Intelligence and giving it the backing and personnel that is overall lacking from the Empire on it's own.
NAVY

As a trial we will be accepting Navy Personnel to fly our Intelligence Ship in upcoming galactic skirmishes. The Link above is the ship we want to man. Its goal will be to state of the art mobile interrogation facility where we can keep our Intelligence prisoners as well as it's own epic spy and cyber warfare state.

BLACKOPS

We currently have a black ops team that will deal with our heavy operations. Sometimes they agents join them, sometimes they go on their own. The team is a growing sub-faction within our navy branch and right now have a fun rivalry with the agents.

We can take almost an infinite number of Confessor crew members, however. We're also amiable to staff and guards joining.

2j2vq06.png

Interested in Join us?

Recruiting Status: Refer to our Front page.

Check main site homepage for Sith recruitment status. We try to keep the amount of Sith reasonably in balance with the agents.

We do not take Darths.

We are always seeking more Agents. (ICly only, we dont care what your ooc class is)

We do not take Merchs or Mandos.

Our recruitment process focuses quality over quantity. We value mature players who understand the boundaries between IC and OOC and respect the fact that IC actions will have IC consequences.We do require our members to be +21 as we want to avoid all liability issues with minors as well as encourage a mature guild environment and we seek a more mature age demographic. Most of our members are married and/or have full time jobs. If you are discovered to have been lying about your age (Your checkbox) on your application you will be dismissed. That said, if you are 18+ and can provide a recommendation from a reliable source (someone we know, a former guildmate/officer, or an RP partner of yours), we will take 18-20. No one under 18.

We do not have the time or resources to teach people the basics of RP. While we do not expect experts we do expect basic knowledge of putting together and playing a sensible IC character and our players to know and express basic OOC etiquette. What we do expect people to be experts in is having a very solid IC/OOC barrier. We are not edge lords, but we do play loyal Imperials. This is the Empire, the Empire isnt nice. Our group OOCly is friendly and fun, however. But if your character is unable to be yelled at if they do something foolish without YOU, the player, getting upset and lashing out OOCly then that is problematic.

We accept Force Users as well as Non-Force Users, we welcome to characters with both Republic and Empire origins as well as Light* or Dark Sided alignments but they MUST be loyal to the Empire and guild. We are not accepting Darths or mercenaries/ Bounty Hunters at this time, although with hard work, a Lord can ascend to Darth. Hunters and that sort are -considered- for alt characters once full membership is reached. Your character must also not be serving or tied to an outside authority that would create a conflict of intrest with the chain of command.

* Light side? Isn't the use of light side powers super illegal and heresy?

> Yes, and for this reason, ICly, light side characters do tend to have some trouble with us. It's not impossible for them to work, we've had a couple. However they will just be asked to save the use of such powers only for extreme circumstances when it's absolute life or death. So far, none of our Light Siders have NOT stayed light sided for very long. However this is all handled ICly.

It should also be noted that super traditionalist Sith also have trouble with us. They tend to be our highest drop outs (meaning voluntary) during the recruit period. Our etiquette on base behind closed doors do not force agents to bow completely to Sith. They are required to give a deep nod and a greeting but nothing more beyond that and not being outright disrespectful. We also do not permit Sith to punish NonForceUsers as to keep the chain of command between our Agents and Sith separate. That said, the NFU leader is NOT a kind man and punishment does still happen. Again, this is all IC.

To put in an application, you will need to click 'Recruitment' and fill out an application on the website
The Recruit Period

The recruit period tends to last approximately 30 days, in which the officers will keep an eye out for good roleplaying habits, well as a a fun but mature personality and a willingness to work with the staff amiably. Good habits include; Proactive to get involved in plots, good humored, respects the fellow players, avoids attention seeking behavior. Things that will not be tolerated: Disruptive behavior, passive aggressive or generally bad attitudes, sexists, racists, or homophobic remarks, sexual or harassment in any form.

2i0rpqq.png

Other Things to Know

~ We tend to be a late night crowd with most active hours being between 11pm - 5am EST with a couple of outliers. However people have their days off therefore there is some acitivy earlier in the day as well.

~ Right now our membership is around 10-20 nightly players, and 50 total active members.

~ Black Gauntlet is a guild of Agent and Sith Spies. There are sexual themes. There are also darker themes that arise in our plots; I.E. Brutal interrogations or the taking of innocent lives for the sake of the Empire. This isn’t to say that we are all edgy all the time, but there are themes that may be unsuitable for persons of certain demeanors. Due to this content we are 21+ for simple entry, or 18-20 with recommendation.

~ While our story theme is not overtly sexual, many character concepts are. How much or how often just depends on who is playing and what is going on. It often comes to the foreground of our stories often as the guild stories are driven by our player's characters. While we are not an ERP guild, we are a guild of spies. Take 20 James and Atomic B(l)onds and stick them in a headquarters together you're going to be regularly exposed to sexual themes.

~ Our Discord is imperative for communication therefore it is required. You are not required to use voice, but you'll need to read it regularly to be in the know. We regularly do a fair bit of RP in our Discord chat. This is also a tool for quick communication and last min missions. You will need to join our Discord server at least for OOC communication to keep you as involved as possible.

~ Closed mouths don't get fed. We do not run our players down to make them involved, we expect them to seek out RP. We encourage you to ask ‘How can I get more involved?’. This does mean being involved in social and training RP as possible. This gives team leads opportunities to see and know your character and therefore tap them for missions.

~ We have a very simple character sheet system to make certain that combat is fair and balanced, while still giving the players plenty of room to accomplish epic feats. This is a system that compliments the Roleplay rather than hindering it and is quick to make a sheet and easy to learn.

~ We welcome and encourage any of our members to GM, and are currently keeping an eye out for another addition to our GM corps.

~ Many GMs prefer that the players be present in our Discord server when they are running a combat mission so that they can give directions HOWEVER they do not ask that you turn on your mic, only that you are able to listen.

~ While we do not make a habit of telling our GMs or players how to Roleplay there are lines we dont cross.We ask that all themes of sexual assault be kept away. It is not a theme that we want to explore and we ask that you do not even ICly speak of it in public areas. We have several survivors and we want to keep this a fun environment for them too. What you do in your own time in your own stronghold is absolutely your own business, but please keep it from overlapping with the guild.

~ We are a fun group of adults who enjoy roleplaying as a hobby. It is important to us that we keep drama to minimum. At the end of the day, we value OOC cohesion above all else. Our discipline that is based on poor behavior is something that is measure by feedback and complaints, then seeing if we can have improvement. But at the end of the day, if a person is willfully continuing to disrupt cohesion or trying to rock the boat we ask them to leave in peace. This includes overt or passive aggressive problems. In an adult guild you are expected to communicate and problem resolve like an adult. Like in a work place, you are expected to be civil to one another even if you cant be kind.

~ The officers' doors are always open and are willing to talk about any concern that you may have. We do not drag drama into public areas, we handle it like adults in private areas with mediation and constructive progression for problem resolution.

Activity Expectations

> Leaves of Absence

LoA - This tag is letting people know that you are not around. This is a 'heads up' marker for others to leave you be, and to let GM's know that you are unavalible. This also lets the Officers know not to kick your character for inactivity on the guild roster. To go on LoA, let one of the Officers know what is going on and they will mark you as such.

> Inactivity

Recruits - Recruits are given two months to do their recruit period. If they are unable to do so, they are welcome to rejoin the guild once they are able to have the time to complete it.

Memebers - Any member, LoA or Otherwise who is unable to do events for two months will me marked as Inactive. This is a limited tag for permission in discord and in game, but can be turned back on once the person is ready to come back and participte. While Inactive you will not be eligable for guild contests.

Everyone - If you do not log into game for 30 days or more -without going on an LoA- you will be removed from the guild. If you come back to the game and want to come back to the guild you may do so, you’ll just might have to redo the recruit period. This means that if RL smacks you, just poke on officer and we’ll mark you on LoA.

==================================================================
Summary of our finale from KOTET. Set during the Eternal Fleet's attack on DKass

The Knight with the bombs advanced as his friend got into the Intelligence archive building and plugged a datarod in, starting to run a decryption program. Tenma clashed sabers with the bomb knight and tried to push him out of the building. Meanwhile Keeper, in his walker with a pissed off knight captain hanging off the front, turned on the saber and plunged it into the captain’s neck. Fey and Void continued to engage with the remaining captain as the Horizon Guard slowly stood up. Unus kept methodically lining shots and squeezing his trigger, putting holes in enemies.

It all happened within three seconds: Tiro destroyed the datarod and took off the arm of the knight at the computer, and the bomb knight saw that their primary objective failed. He went to trigger his bomb yet Tenma commanded him to stop. It barely made him pause. But at that second, Keeper popped out of the hatch and made a desperate shot at the bomb knight to kill him before he could hit the bottom…. But instead his shot triggered the detonator.

The building bloomed into fire, metal screeching as it was warped. Tiro and Tenma gone from sight. Nolani, who had been in proximity of the door was thrown back and severely burned. Some of the others knocked off their feet. Keeper’s incessant grin dropped like a rock and muttered "Oh man...I bet I get tied up for this."

The smoke made it hard to see as it choked out the light in the area, nothing too be seen but the glow of sabers and fire. The manic cackles of the remaining captain, knight, and guard filled the air. They knew far above that the Eternal fleet had stopped, yet they wanted to take one final shot at the Empire. Those laughs were quickly snuffed out as Feyiri plunged her saber through the Captain she and Voidstorm were fight, just as Void sliced him in half. Void’s onslaught of the body did not cease until there was nothing left but charred pieces. Keeper descended from his stolen walker and slammed his pistol into the side of the Horizon Guard’s head and knocked him out.

Order came to start digging, Intelligence having to carefully watch anyone who came close as this was their precious archives. Fortunately, only two consoles were lost, the rest of the archives deep underground remaining untouched. The rubble kept shifting as they worked, a duel effort between agents and sith before they recovered their master and the apprentice.

Tenma and Tiro bodies were all but crushed and burned, but evidence of a force barrier suggested that was the reason that they were still alive. The burns on Tenma had blown away her armor, leaving it scrap while the majority of the skin on her face and arms were almost blackened. Tiro’s armor had held up better, but he had many crushed bones. The rest of the party sported various saber and energy blast burns. Darth Malazin was at the hospital where she pushed herself to the limit, yet successfully healed the worst into stable condition. Meanwhile Lord Natuu assisted, also pushing himself to help in a hospital pouring in with more bodies than beds.

Not long after the Gauntlets were taken back to their HQ upon Shadda where a long road to recovery would begin.
Attached Images
10dw3rk.jpg
Arts by Spaceling and HunnBunn

Posted Jul 25, 16 · OP · Last edited Jan 14, 19
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Neutral
BUMP! Looking for one or two new active members! We've got an artifact/ancient power plot coming up, as well as a bit of Eternal Empire plot!
10dw3rk.jpg

Posted Oct 21, 16 · OP
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Empire
I've never actually seen anyone on during the day or night, within this guild. Must be pure chance, right?
t7levn.jpg
Posted Oct 22, 16
Neutral
We are fairly small! About 11 players (3-6 are the more active group) and not all that many go down and do social Rp on Vaiken. This week folks have been fairly busy as well, plus we are at the end of a two week plot break where we've been just enjoying some social RP before the Gms and myself put our foot back on the gas peddle. Which Im actually drafting the IC Memo to get that going right now.

Edit: This is an old post. We have grown since! <3
10dw3rk.jpg

Posted Oct 22, 16 · OP · Last edited Apr 4, 17
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Neutral
>> Hey. How's it going? Still holding up?
<< Yeah, just... I donno. Things havent been the same since Intelligence went... ya know.
>> Well overall intelligence is still around, ya know. There's Sith still in the 'Sphere', Sith Intelligence was a branch, ya know.
<< Yeah, but... they've all been mute.
>> There's new blood, though, I've looked into it. This new Darth has just been assigned there, already, like, three agents have contacted her. Two have joined her group and the other is still getting work from her.
<< I donno, seems risky. New blood and all.
>> Isnt that what we do though? Risk? I dont know about you, but Im fucking done with rotting away in boredom.
10dw3rk.jpg

Posted Nov 2, 16 · OP · Last edited Dec 6, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Neutral
Summary of our finale from KOTET. Set during the Eternal Fleet's attack on DKass

The Knight with the bombs advanced as his friend got into the Intelligence archive building and plugged a datarod in, starting to run a decryption program. Tenma clashed sabers with the bomb knight and tried to push him out of the building. Meanwhile Keeper, in his walker with a pissed off knight captain hanging off the front, turned on the saber and plunged it into the captain’s neck. Fey and Void continued to engage with the remaining captain as the Horizon Guard slowly stood up. Unus kept methodically lining shots and squeezing his trigger, putting holes in enemies.

It all happened within three seconds: Tiro destroyed the datarod and took off the arm of the knight at the computer, and the bomb knight saw that their primary objective failed. He went to trigger his bomb yet Tenma commanded him to stop. It barely made him pause. But at that second, Keeper popped out of the hatch and made a desperate shot at the bomb knight to kill him before he could hit the bottom…. But instead his shot triggered the detonator.

The building bloomed into fire, metal screeching as it was warped. Tiro and Tenma gone from sight. Nolani, who had been in proximity of the door was thrown back and severely burned. Some of the others knocked off their feet. Keeper’s incessant grin dropped like a rock and muttered "Oh man...I bet I get tied up for this."

The smoke made it hard to see as it choked out the light in the area, nothing too be seen but the glow of sabers and fire. The manic cackles of the remaining captain, knight, and guard filled the air. They knew far above that the Eternal fleet had stopped, yet they wanted to take one final shot at the Empire. Those laughs were quickly snuffed out as Feyiri plunged her saber through the Captain she and Voidstorm were fight, just as Void sliced him in half. Void’s onslaught of the body did not cease until there was nothing left but charred pieces. Keeper descended from his stolen walker and slammed his pistol into the side of the Horizon Guard’s head and knocked him out.

Order came to start digging, Intelligence having to carefully watch anyone who came close as this was their precious archives. Fortunately, only two consoles were lost, the rest of the archives deep underground remaining untouched. The rubble kept shifting as they worked, a duel effort between agents and sith before they recovered their master and the apprentice.

Tenma and Tiro bodies were all but crushed and burned, but evidence of a force barrier suggested that was the reason that they were still alive. The burns on Tenma had blown away her armor, leaving it scrap while the majority of the skin on her face and arms were almost blackened. Tiro’s armor had held up better, but he had many crushed bones. The rest of the party sported various saber and energy blast burns. Darth Malazin was at the hospital where she pushed herself to the limit, yet successfully healed the worst into stable condition. Meanwhile Lord Natuu assisted, also pushing himself to help in a hospital pouring in with more bodies than beds.

Not long after the Gauntlets were taken back to their HQ upon Shadda where a long road to recovery would begin.
Attached Images
10dw3rk.jpg

Posted Nov 22, 16 · OP · Last edited Apr 4, 17
Neutral
As we continue to grow our missions become more and more exciting with an influx of new personalities! We are still seeking more Agents with great interest!
Attached Images
10dw3rk.jpg

Posted Jan 24, 17 · OP
Neutral
We have completed our guild stronghold!

Check out the pictures! http://blackgauntlet.enjin.com/gallery/m/41092881/album/288149
10dw3rk.jpg

Posted Feb 17, 17 · OP
Neutral
Our new Banner!
Attached Images
10dw3rk.jpg

Posted Feb 22, 17 · OP
Neutral
Added some updates Agents now have the opportunity to become Ciphers, Fixers, or Watchers!
10dw3rk.jpg

Posted Mar 2, 17 · OP
Page
of 4
NoticeNotices