Star Forge
Upcoming Events
HoloNet Feed
Drawing Board Feed
Latest Threads
Dulfy RSS
Donations
Container minimized. Expand
HoloTracker: Include (1) Character's In-Game Name, (2) Faction, and (3) Location
HoloTracker [1333]
Sun at 1:12
A bounty hunter in armor of vaguely-Mandalorian style has been spotted shopping on the Promenade. He appears to be looking for infant-sized clothes. (Eksa [alt code 0228 on the "a"] Bendak, Empire, Nar Shaddaa instance 3, coordinates X -1083 Y -712)
Sun at 2:45
The hunter has made his purchases and departed.
You do not have access to chat.
Welcome to HoloTracker

Working...

Page
of 2

Resolved [Suggestion] Removing Inactive Tag

14 replies
Administrator
Republic
This is just a general clarification to see if people want the tag or not. Thanks! For context. Going without 180 days of using the site, gives you a black tag. This poll will end in seven days.
Keep Inactive Tag
0 votes
0%
Remove Inactive Tag
0 votes
0%
Number of voters: 0
9ab7ad7f337bd30c517104fa6dd2d241.png
Posted Jul 24, 16 · OP · Last edited Oct 27, 16
Empire
It doesn't really help with anything other than metrics.

I'd suggest making it hidden -- appear on the user's forum page only (because it is relevant there -- no need to inquire about a forum thread whose poster has been gone for 90+ days) but shouldn't show on their Enjin profile -- they may still be active otherwise.

I'd also make it not change the user's icon. Make it a hidden tag. It is useful to see how many people are still using the site actively, though.
Posted Jul 24, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Empire
Honestly, I don't really see the point to it, though it can prove useful in some aspects.

Think I'm gonna go with 'remove'.
Posted Jul 24, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Donor
Empire
If you don't remove people for being inactive, there's not too much point in having it. I have an inactive tag automation for Haven's website, but it's more for my reference since we do remove people who haven't logged on in a certain timeframe.

I also don't remember being able to use an automation to remove the inactive tag, so it's probably more hassle than it's worth.
"Hell hath no fury like the vast robot armies of a woman scorned."
Portfolio || DeviantArt
Posted Jul 24, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Empire
An automation of "User has not visited the site in 1 day, and has the Tag 'Inactive' " should remove an Inactive tag the day after they come back to the site.

Edit: Clearly you also have to set the effect to "Remove Tag: Inactive"
Posted Jul 24, 16 · Last edited Jul 24, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Developer
Donor
Neutral
You can already see when someone was last on Enjin on their profile page. The tag's redundant.
Posted Jul 24, 16
Empire
I dislike the tag just because in the grand scheme of things, 6 months isn't all that long to go without posting on a RP site. I know I've gone that long without posting before but it doesn't mean I'm inactive. Likewise, tons of people are super active in game and don't bother posting on forums.

It just seems to kind of "penalize" people for no reason.
wraithssig_zps16fa660e.png
Posted Jul 24, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Donor
Republic
wrote:
I dislike the tag just because in the grand scheme of things, 6 months isn't all that long to go without posting on a RP site. I know I've gone that long without posting before but it doesn't mean I'm inactive. Likewise, tons of people are super active in game and don't bother posting on forums.

It just seems to kind of "penalize" people for no reason.

I agree with this as I peruse the site daily and often am in the chatbox, yet was tagged as inactive and I totally freaked.
No more!
I WILL BUILD A WALL AND MAKE KREK PAY FOR IT!
But for real, I think it's pointless, redundant, and creates extra work for all involved while making you feel penalized in a special kind of way.
Posted Jul 24, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Empire
Yeah, the tag is a bit redundant and, I may be mistaken. But you can optionally set up that a user can be removed after so many days of inactivity. Again. I can be wrong, perhaps thinking of another forum based admin tool.

So overall, should have it removed. As Gruuvan said, there are other ways to notify if a user has gone inactive without broadcasting in this manner. Though, a great alternative is basically tagging players who don't wish to identify as Empire, or Republic to be set to neutral. Certainly make things relatively easier in that regard.
Wet_zps3a021859.jpg
Posted Jul 24, 16
Developer
Donor
Neutral
wrote:
Though, a great alternative is basically tagging players who don't wish to identify as Empire, or Republic to be set to neutral.

I'm not sure I follow. Players can already ask to be tagged as neutral, if they don't want to be Empire or Republic.
Posted Jul 24, 16
Page
of 2
NoticeNotices