Apr 19 '19
08:00 PM
HoloNet Feed
Drawing Board Feed
Latest Threads
Dulfy RSS
Donations
Container minimized. Expand
HoloTracker: Include (1) Character's In-Game Name, (2) Faction, and (3) Location
HoloTracker [1362]
You do not have access to chat.
Welcome to HoloTracker

Working...

Page
of 2

KOTET Teaser and Discussion

16 replies
Neutral
Not sure if this is in the right place, but why not.

A few minutes ago it was confirmed the next expansion is named Knights of the Eternal Throne. We weren't given any information whatsoever besides a single picture, which I've posted here. Let the discussion on what could be happening here and who the character is begin!

hero.jpg

Additionally, an MP4 version off of the SWTOR website can be found here.

edit: removed my picture to replace it with the one on the SWTOR site
1Fhi9ZJ.png
Posted Jul 16, 16 · OP · Last edited Jul 16, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Empire
"Learn the future of swtor. Here's a piece of concept art, and shit that you already know about." Is what sums up the presentation for me.

Honestly, I found the whole panel to be disappointing. Sure, that anniversary vid was nostalgic, and cool. But it's Bioware Austin, they're notorious with riding on a hype slogan, only to deliver something underwhelming in the end. Yeah, I'm jaded. But you can only be slapped in the face too many times within an abusive relationship. Their segment was akin to the whole EA conference back during E3. Teaser for a teaser, and trailer for a trailer. I had my expectations low to begin with, and was still disappointed.

Like, come on. Is there no bloody scope on what content aside from story that they're releasing? (PvE, PvP etc.) Y'know, shit that would give folks an incentive to remain subbed.

Either way - I'm ready to move on from the Zakuul stuff already. There were highlights from the KOTFE story, I won't lie. Profits, and Plunder was awesome.

Posted Jul 16, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Empire
Well, it been known that there was going to be a season 2 of the Zakuul saga. So, I'm not sure what exactly anyone was going to expect, though I do hope the chapters will be more vamped up, and go deeper into subjects. I would rather play a game than sit there and feel like I'm watching a visual read-me courtesy of Bioware.
Wet_zps3a021859.jpg
Posted Jul 16, 16
Empire
wrote:
Well, it been known that there was going to be a season 2 of the Zakuul saga. So, I'm not sure what exactly anyone was going to expect, though I do hope the chapters will be more vamped up, and go deeper into subjects. I would rather play a game than sit there and feel like I'm watching a visual read-me courtesy of Bioware.

Anything that we didn't know, bruv. Everything that was announced on that panel was stuff that we already knew. Season 2 of the Zakuul story was already expected, as it was mentioned last year that it'd be split into two parts.

And with the limited budget they have, I really doubt we'll see much of a change in the layout of chapters. But that's to be expected, as well.

Posted Jul 16, 16
Neutral
Personally, I'm disappointed as well. As someone on Reddit pointed out, all the other developers really went into depth about what they were bringing in that was new and showed trailers-- more than one in some cases. The TOR developers just talked about what the last five years were like and then showed us one incredibly vague picture.

As for who the individual is, I don't think it's Koth and I don't think it's Vaylin (because some people for some reason think it might be her); I think it's Zildrog. My theory is that it isn't a literal dragon, but a man perhaps with dragon tattoos. We can see tattoos of maybe old world design on the guy's arms, so that's what I'd bet. Plus, there's no lightsaber that might tip us off as to who it may be.

That being said, the name of the image is listed as "hero.jpg". I really hope it isn't just the Outlander.
1Fhi9ZJ.png
Posted Jul 16, 16 · OP
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Empire
wrote:
wrote:

Anything that we didn't know, bruv. Everything that was announced on that panel was stuff that we already knew. Season 2 of the Zakuul story was already expected, as it was mentioned last year that it'd be split into two parts.

And with the limited budget they have, I really doubt we'll see much of a change in the layout of chapters. But that's to be expected, as well.
I suppose time will tell, realistically. Either way, still hard to believe that everything is still being effected by budget. Let alone, comparing the financel revenue gained from KotFE alone. Despite personal taste, Bioware has done very well. Makes no sense on why exactly budget restrictions are being implemented.
Wet_zps3a021859.jpg
Posted Jul 16, 16
Neutral
I am certainly prepared to hype instead of griping about things that aren't going to change, once they give us some details to hype over. Hopefully after the next chapter. Would hate to have to wait until NYC Comic Con or something for the trailer.

Though to be fair, it's more detail than we got from the Visceral dev. My kingdom for EA to let Bioware have a panel to themselves, though.
Posted Jul 16, 16 · Last edited Jul 16, 16
Neutral
Something I only just noticed after it was pointed out on reddit; the guy in the jacket only has three fingers and a thumb on each hand.
1Fhi9ZJ.png
Posted Jul 16, 16 · OP
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Untagged users
taht is not vaylen

also senya using pikee not normal sword. huh
Posted Jul 16, 16
Untagged users
as i saw on someone's wall

24209cc4932126b1c13924deb65b8b8e.png