Star Forge
HoloNet Feed
Drawing Board Feed
Latest Threads
Dulfy RSS
Donations
Container minimized. Expand
HoloTracker: Include (1) Character's In-Game Name, (2) Faction, and (3) Location
HoloTracker [1410]
You do not have access to chat.
Welcome to HoloTracker

Working...

Page
of 2

We want saber pikes / Shields (and Twi'lek headbands) Show your support!

13 replies
Neutral
They use the shields to block blasts dude. In the cinematics and even in the last chapter briefly. It's a common tool. Naturally many other species and factions would take advantage of that kind of tech.
tumblr_o7hq04QkhU1r3lxomo2_r2_1280.png
Posted Jul 4, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Empire
Shields will never happen. Each class is built around one weapon and that will never change. They'd have to revamp the entire game. As for saber pikes, they could happen but would clip and look weird because they'd just be held like a normal saber or saberstaff. Only way we'd get both working properly is with a new class entirely and the game simply can't afford that since they'd have to do an entirely new class quest line.
Posted Jul 4, 16
Neutral
wrote:
Shields will never happen. Each class is built around one weapon and that will never change. They'd have to revamp the entire game. As for saber pikes, they could happen but would clip and look weird because they'd just be held like a normal saber or saberstaff. Only way we'd get both working properly is with a new class entirely and the game simply can't afford that since they'd have to do an entirely new class quest line.

How would a saberpike look weird held like a saberstaff? As far as I can tell, all the animations work just fine with it -- the same animations are used for staffs and saberstaffs, so having a weapon that's regular staff on one end and saberstaff on the other doesn't seem like it'd be an issue. Just treat them like electrostaffs, with the same animations and the same resting place on the back and stuff.
Posted Jul 4, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Republic
I will also note that it is unlikely that electrostaves have any special animation triggers that lightsabers don't or vice-versa; all electrostaves that I have ever tried (and I've used quite a few!) still have an animation that triggers to 'extend' which is used both when drawing the weapon in gameplay and in cutscenes. It's hard for me to fathom why it would be particularly difficult to have a back-holstered weapon that, when triggered, extends a lightsaber blade out of only one side.
Posted Jul 5, 16 · Last edited Jul 5, 16
Page
of 2
NoticeNotices