Apr 19 '19
08:00 PM
HoloNet Feed
Drawing Board Feed
Latest Threads
Dulfy RSS
Donations
Container minimized. Expand
HoloTracker: Include (1) Character's In-Game Name, (2) Faction, and (3) Location
HoloTracker [1362]
You do not have access to chat.
Welcome to HoloTracker

Working...

Page
of 2

We want saber pikes / Shields (and Twi'lek headbands) Show your support!

13 replies
Hello people!

I recently started up a forum post on the official SWTOR forums in the hope to draw more attention to have these items implemented for us roleplayers and other players in the game. Alot of people have said that it would never be done due to the amount of effort, but let's prove them wrong by showing support to this cause! Not only will we be getting new weapons and a shield in game but hopefully we will also be getting Twi'lek headbands in the game for more customization options if this goes through and we manage to attract as much attention for Bioware to notice it and start the development! All I ask from you is to share this link below on your enjin wall and give a supportive message on the forum thread that the link will direct you to!

Help get us Zakuul shields, saber pikes, and twi'lek headbands Please show some support if you can! We're trying to get this up and rolling. ^^
This is the official account for the Stendarr's Vigil Roleplaying guild. Should you desire to have more information about our guild? Please PM this account with your inquiries.
Posted Jul 3, 16 · OP
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Neutral
Shields might be tough, but the pikes seem like they'd be suuuper easy to put in. Just treat them as staff weapons with a cosmetic difference. Zak NPCs just use them with the same animations our characters use for staff weapons anyway!
Posted Jul 3, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
It may be hard, but if we manage to somehow get this thread to be supported on the forums by a large amount of people we have a good possibility of getting the attention of Bioware! I have already gone ahead and shared the thread on several forums and on a Reddit page, as well as tweeted it over towards Bioware itself. All I ask the players to do is show their support on the provided link!
This is the official account for the Stendarr's Vigil Roleplaying guild. Should you desire to have more information about our guild? Please PM this account with your inquiries.
Posted Jul 3, 16 · OP
Republic
Ok listen, here are my problems with these:

1. Shields would be useless against the enemies, they'd just blast or cut through them, so it'd be a very bad idea
2. I dunno what a Saber Pike is I just wanted to tell the problem with a shield, I guess your treating it like a weapon so... yeah
f66806883eb94174.png
Posted Jul 3, 16
Physical shields have been apart of the Star wars universe for quite a while. Here allow me to link you several examples of this being used within the universe of Star wars. It should be noted that the current enemy within the SWTOR universe itself widely applies the usage of shields who in the cinematics clearly seem to contain some form of build in shield generator and are likely meant to withstand blaster fire. The Technology isn't that far fetched to be applied to different societies as well. You are making the assumption judging by your comment that every individual is a lightsaber wielding individual. Regardless I digress and I still highly encourage people to show support to the thread itself in order to give us more cosmetic items for roleplay!
Posted Jul 3, 16 · OP
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Empire
The problems are the following:

A: hero engine is hard and unstable to do.
B: animations would need to be ported.
C: BW is lazy.
w40k%20player.jpg
Posted Jul 3, 16
Republic
I posted my support for saber pikes.
Posted Jul 3, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
wrote:
I posted my support for saber pikes.

Thank you!
Posted Jul 3, 16 · OP
Neutral
wrote:
Ok listen, here are my problems with these:

1. Shields would be useless against the enemies, they'd just blast or cut through them, so it'd be a very bad idea
2. I dunno what a Saber Pike is I just wanted to tell the problem with a shield, I guess your treating it like a weapon so... yeah

Shields are clearly seen deflecting blaster fire in the KOTFE Sacrifice cinematic trailer. As for deflecting lightsabers, I imagine they wouldn't be quite so effective, but in any case they seem to be a pretty handy thing for the Zaks to bring into battle. After all, one of the main purposes of shields in ancient and medieval warfare was to defend against missile weapons -- you can smack aside someone's sword with your own weapon, but good luck parrying a volley of arrows. The same idea applies to lightsabers and blaster bolts.
Posted Jul 3, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Republic
Shields are clearly seen deflecting blaster fire in the KOTFE Sacrifice cinematic trailer. As for deflecting lightsabers, I imagine they wouldn't be quite so effective, but in any case they seem to be a pretty handy thing for the Zaks to bring into battle. After all, one of the main purposes of shields in ancient and medieval warfare was to defend against missile weapons -- you can smack aside someone's sword with your own weapon, but good luck parrying a volley of arrows. The same idea applies to lightsabers and blaster bolts.

These are Zakuulians, plus they have Lightsabers... LIGHTSABERS!
So yeah...
f66806883eb94174.png
Posted Jul 4, 16
Page
of 2
NoticeNotices