Star Forge
Upcoming Events
HoloNet Feed
Drawing Board Feed
Latest Threads
Dulfy RSS
Donations
Container minimized. Expand
HoloTracker: Include (1) Character's In-Game Name, (2) Faction, and (3) Location
HoloTracker [1333]
Sun at 1:12
A bounty hunter in armor of vaguely-Mandalorian style has been spotted shopping on the Promenade. He appears to be looking for infant-sized clothes. (Eksa [alt code 0228 on the "a"] Bendak, Empire, Nar Shaddaa instance 3, coordinates X -1083 Y -712)
Sun at 2:45
The hunter has made his purchases and departed.
You do not have access to chat.
Welcome to HoloTracker

Working...

Page
of 3

Resolved [Suggestion] Timezone Representation: Redux

24 replies
Vivek x
Banned users
In recent months, we've been getting more and more transfers to The Ebon Hawk Server (advertised as a US-EAST Server), and thus the EBHawk Community. I thought it might be worth exploring ways to better represent the general time zones of the playerbase, so we can quickly identify who is from where. I suspect this would make Players in similar time zones easier to find each other, as well as assist in event schedule, the Contractor's Board, and even the Classifieds.

The previous poll (which only last two days) revealed a few, notable hiccups. Here's a visual representation of our available options:
Quote:
1. Micro Tag
Forum Preview: RhrvNVS.png

Other flags selected based on major time zones: SDdFsdO.png (US/North America), GxPp1xj.png (Europe), ub6iDTK.png (Australia)

2. Username Prefix

Forum Preview: xfbqHAg.png
Other prefixes selected based on major time zones: [NA] = North America, [EU] = Europe, [AU] = Australia

3. Username Title

Forum Preview:
qHyUd6F.png
Notes: Forum Titles are displayed under the Username, as opposed to Forum Tags, which are displayed below the avatar.

You know the drill! Your votes will better assist the EBHawk Staff in making an informed decision, and your questions, comments, and concerns are always welcome!

P.S. As a quick note, while we do appreciate the concern for some of the administrative nuances involved with these sorts of things, keep in mind it is the EBHawk Community Staff's job to do the boring things, so long as it is in the best interest of the Community. In other words, if a majority of people feel it would be beneficial to quickly identify time zones (pending poll results), then so be it.
Yes, add the Micro Tag
0 votes
0%
Yes, add the Username Prefix
0 votes
0%
Yes, add the Forum Title
0 votes
0%
Indifferent
0 votes
0%
No, do not represent time zones in any form
0 votes
0%
Number of voters: 0
Posted Jun 15, 16 · OP · Last edited Oct 27, 16
Administrator
Republic
Clutter and irrelevant information. While some Europeans play, perhaps they do not wish to blast the information out loud. This is a United States server above-all. In general, we don't need to know where people come from or where they live. Everyone has the ability to communicate that on their own behalf. (Or you can stalk their Enjin profile like a creepy dude)
9ab7ad7f337bd30c517104fa6dd2d241.png
Posted Jun 17, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Neutral
TBH I'd prefer not to have the country i live in loudly advertised next to my name constantly, and even though I'm very open about the timezone that I live in, there's a big difference between having it shown to any old Tom dick or Harry and telling someone willingly.

So, ultimetly, my vote then would be 'no', but I think a good alternative might be some....representation of timezone rather than country? I.E. Instead of 'Australia' mine would be 'GMT +10' although I have no idea how difficult that is, so, possible redundant recommendation is go.
Posted Jun 18, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Empire
EXIST ON EAST COAST SERVER
EXIST ON EAST COAST TIME

At least, that's my solution.
Posted Jun 18, 16
Republic
Just inform everyone that when using the site, times are US East Coast and the corresponding GMT. That way we keep things clean and organized instead of information overload.
Posted Jun 18, 16
Contractor's Board
Donor
Neutral
Rina's suggestion or the above is what I'd prefer.
Posted Jun 18, 16
Vivek x
Banned users
As per the poll results, Member time zones will not be represented in any form. Thank you all for your votes and input, and we hope you continue to provide your ideas and suggestions to further improve the EBHawk Community website.
Posted Jun 19, 16 · OP
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Page
of 3
NoticeNotices