Star Forge
Upcoming Events
HoloNet Feed
Drawing Board Feed
Latest Threads
Dulfy RSS
Donations
Container minimized. Expand
HoloTracker: Include (1) Character's In-Game Name, (2) Faction, and (3) Location
HoloTracker [1333]
Sun at 1:12
A bounty hunter in armor of vaguely-Mandalorian style has been spotted shopping on the Promenade. He appears to be looking for infant-sized clothes. (Eksa [alt code 0228 on the "a"] Bendak, Empire, Nar Shaddaa instance 3, coordinates X -1083 Y -712)
Sun at 2:45
The hunter has made his purchases and departed.
You do not have access to chat.
Welcome to HoloTracker

Working...

Page
of 3

Resolved [Suggestion] Timezone Representation: Redux

24 replies
Vivek x
Banned users
In recent months, we've been getting more and more transfers to The Ebon Hawk Server (advertised as a US-EAST Server), and thus the EBHawk Community. I thought it might be worth exploring ways to better represent the general time zones of the playerbase, so we can quickly identify who is from where. I suspect this would make Players in similar time zones easier to find each other, as well as assist in event schedule, the Contractor's Board, and even the Classifieds.

The previous poll (which only last two days) revealed a few, notable hiccups. Here's a visual representation of our available options:
Quote:
1. Micro Tag
Forum Preview: RhrvNVS.png

Other flags selected based on major time zones: SDdFsdO.png (US/North America), GxPp1xj.png (Europe), ub6iDTK.png (Australia)

2. Username Prefix

Forum Preview: xfbqHAg.png
Other prefixes selected based on major time zones: [NA] = North America, [EU] = Europe, [AU] = Australia

3. Username Title

Forum Preview:
qHyUd6F.png
Notes: Forum Titles are displayed under the Username, as opposed to Forum Tags, which are displayed below the avatar.

You know the drill! Your votes will better assist the EBHawk Staff in making an informed decision, and your questions, comments, and concerns are always welcome!

P.S. As a quick note, while we do appreciate the concern for some of the administrative nuances involved with these sorts of things, keep in mind it is the EBHawk Community Staff's job to do the boring things, so long as it is in the best interest of the Community. In other words, if a majority of people feel it would be beneficial to quickly identify time zones (pending poll results), then so be it.
Yes, add the Micro Tag
0 votes
0%
Yes, add the Username Prefix
0 votes
0%
Yes, add the Forum Title
0 votes
0%
Indifferent
0 votes
0%
No, do not represent time zones in any form
0 votes
0%
Number of voters: 0
Posted Jun 15, 16 · OP · Last edited Oct 27, 16
Donor
Empire
The red and blue might be a bit confusing for newcomers since they're the Empire and Republic colours. Maybe, I don't know.
"Hell hath no fury like the vast robot armies of a woman scorned."
Portfolio || DeviantArt
Posted Jun 16, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Vivek x
Banned users
Alright! I'm experiment with tag prefixes now!
Posted Jun 16, 16 · OP
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Empire
Yeah... why not yellow and green than?
w40k%20player.jpg
Posted Jun 16, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Empire
What about Australians? :d
Posted Jun 17, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Graphic Artist
Republic
wrote:
What about Australians? :d

I told you Vivek!
Posted Jun 17, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Empire
I think it is a quite useful idea. But of course it might be a lot of work to tag all those users, or can you create some kind of automation for it?

However I like to mention that this made me laugh when I considered the current political situation: lvtOvvN.jpg
Posted Jun 17, 16 · Last edited Jun 17, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Republic
I really don't see a point, to be honest. I can just go onto someone's Enjin profile normally and see for myself what zone they're in if I'm really curious. Seems like a distracting, and not very practical addition to me.

EDIT: Actually, if you do decide to do it, I'd suggest putting it below the avatar where the other tags are. Not sure how that would work in the chatbox.
Posted Jun 17, 16 · Last edited Jun 17, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Donor
Republic
While I initially voted yes for forum posts on this (chat box would be way too cluttered with tags), I had a good long think and change my mind to a giant nope to all of it. It's massive clutter and requires more administrational oversight and I see it as a total waste since location of people can be found on their profile pages.
Also, while NA and EU might generally be easiest, it still leaves massive gaps of other timezones. Case and point: Australia. If you really want to tag people for timezones, then you'd need a good number more than just two simple tags to do it effectively. And even then, it's redundant and just ugly clutter and more work for an already overworked staff.
So yeah, change my vote to a strong NOPE, this is unnecessary.
Posted Jun 17, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Vivek x
Banned users
Took some of your suggestions into account, and refreshed the thread! It essentially boils down to "yes" or "no." Just like before, if all of the different "yes" option totals outweigh the "no" option totals, then we'll redo the thread for people to vote strictly on which "yes," they'd like.
Posted Jun 17, 16 · OP
Page
of 3
NoticeNotices