Star Forge
Upcoming Events
HoloNet Feed
Drawing Board Feed
Latest Threads
Dulfy RSS
Donations
Container minimized. Expand
HoloTracker: Include (1) Character's In-Game Name, (2) Faction, and (3) Location
HoloTracker [1333]
Sun at 1:12
A bounty hunter in armor of vaguely-Mandalorian style has been spotted shopping on the Promenade. He appears to be looking for infant-sized clothes. (Eksa [alt code 0228 on the "a"] Bendak, Empire, Nar Shaddaa instance 3, coordinates X -1083 Y -712)
Sun at 2:45
The hunter has made his purchases and departed.
You do not have access to chat.
Welcome to HoloTracker

Working...

Page
of 3

Resolved [Suggestion] Timezone Representation: Redux

24 replies
Vivek x
Banned users
In recent months, we've been getting more and more transfers to The Ebon Hawk Server (advertised as a US-EAST Server), and thus the EBHawk Community. I thought it might be worth exploring ways to better represent the general time zones of the playerbase, so we can quickly identify who is from where. I suspect this would make Players in similar time zones easier to find each other, as well as assist in event schedule, the Contractor's Board, and even the Classifieds.

The previous poll (which only last two days) revealed a few, notable hiccups. Here's a visual representation of our available options:
Quote:
1. Micro Tag
Forum Preview: RhrvNVS.png

Other flags selected based on major time zones: SDdFsdO.png (US/North America), GxPp1xj.png (Europe), ub6iDTK.png (Australia)

2. Username Prefix

Forum Preview: xfbqHAg.png
Other prefixes selected based on major time zones: [NA] = North America, [EU] = Europe, [AU] = Australia

3. Username Title

Forum Preview:
qHyUd6F.png
Notes: Forum Titles are displayed under the Username, as opposed to Forum Tags, which are displayed below the avatar.

You know the drill! Your votes will better assist the EBHawk Staff in making an informed decision, and your questions, comments, and concerns are always welcome!

P.S. As a quick note, while we do appreciate the concern for some of the administrative nuances involved with these sorts of things, keep in mind it is the EBHawk Community Staff's job to do the boring things, so long as it is in the best interest of the Community. In other words, if a majority of people feel it would be beneficial to quickly identify time zones (pending poll results), then so be it.
Yes, add the Micro Tag
0 votes
0%
Yes, add the Username Prefix
0 votes
0%
Yes, add the Forum Title
0 votes
0%
Indifferent
0 votes
0%
No, do not represent time zones in any form
0 votes
0%
Number of voters: 0
Posted Jun 15, 16 · OP · Last edited Oct 27, 16
Empire
Find something other than "US" and "EU". Not sure what, but US is a country, and EU is something else. Maybe tags that say "NA" and "EU" for North America and Europe.

Maybe like this: jeNJhC7.png
Posted Jun 15, 16 · Last edited Jun 15, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
wrote:
Find something other than "US" and "EU". Not sure what, but US is a country, and EU is something else. Maybe tags that say "NA" and "EU" for North America and Europe.

This ^

Europe is a Continent. So, Yeah. If you're going to have tags, You'd want "NA" and "EU".
Republic
On the other hand, please keep in mind that the UK is voting on whether or not to leave the European Union next week, so 'EU' - or at the very least the EU flag - might not be a viable tag for UK folks soon. (Doubtful, but it's worth keeping in mind.)

Also, if representing time zones, might it not be a better idea to use the three-letter-acronym denoting an actual time zone? (EST, PST, GMT etc?) There's up to a five-hour gap between time zones in North America alone, and that's a pretty big chunk of time to take into account when arranging RP of any length.
Empire
The site should have a multitude of tags available, but it'll be a challenge to get three letters into a 12x12 icon. The alternative would be to use the site's superscript text tags, but these tend to be large and obnoxious.

I'd just put "Night Shift" and "Day Shift", relative to the server (East Coast, US) but that's just me!
Posted Jun 15, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Vivek x
Banned users
If Images are too bothersome, I can easily make it text to read "NA" and "EU." I also did not intend for these to be specific down to the very timezone that may be represented across all of the EBHawk Community, but something far more general.

Also, bump
Posted Jun 16, 16 · OP
Empire
Now that you posted on a few threads and I've seen your username on the list in 'online' section, I think the pics may be a bit spacey. Like, right now it looks cool because it's only your usename but if there are many of those tiny flags it could look idek... might take up space and be overly colourful? Not sure, just trying to imagine, seen some people have very long usernames as is xD
Posted Jun 16, 16
Empire
A tag that just reads NA and EU is fine, but I don't want that evil blue soviet flag on my name at all. If I get a flag, it will be red, white and green as it has been for centuries.
w40k%20player.jpg
Posted Jun 16, 16
Donor
Empire
I like the idea of having some kind of time zone tag, but I don't necessarily like the flags since not all countries are part of the US/EU. That may also be because I live in Canada though. ;)

Is there any way you can display a user's Enjin location in the tags area (the one you see on your main profile page)? That way you guys (the mods) don't need to worry about tagging everyone, you can just rely on users to maintain their own enjin location if they want it visible.
"Hell hath no fury like the vast robot armies of a woman scorned."
Portfolio || DeviantArt
Posted Jun 16, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Vivek x
Banned users
I'm testing with NA for North America and EU for Europe. You can see this on my forum posts, Profile, and Chat Box.
Posted Jun 16, 16 · OP
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Page
of 3
NoticeNotices