Star Forge
Upcoming Events
HoloNet Feed
Drawing Board Feed
Latest Threads
Dulfy RSS
Donations
Container minimized. Expand
HoloTracker: Include (1) Character's In-Game Name, (2) Faction, and (3) Location
HoloTracker [1390]
You do not have access to chat.
Welcome to HoloTracker

Working...

Page
of 6

Resolved [Suggestion] Prohibit Animated Signatures

51 replies
Vivek x
Banned users
I am posting this on behalf of an EBHawk Member. They wish to prohibit the use of animated pictures for User signatures. To minimize on confusion, loopholes, or exceptions, this will extend to all types of animated pictures.

As a precaution, please note that any dramatic or obvious changes to a User's signature, during or following the results of the Poll, will be treated as a violation of the Forum Policies; specifically, that of Trolling, Flame-baiting, or spam.
Yes, prohibit animated signatures
0 votes
0%
Indifferent, I do not care one way or the other
0 votes
0%
No, do not prohibit animated signatures
1 vote
100%
Number of voters: 1
Posted May 12, 16 · OP · Last edited Oct 27, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Banned users
Vivek be reading this thread like
Daily-Stormer-Writer.jpg
854298135.gif
Posted May 12, 16
Empire
My signature is not at all intended to be disruptive it is intended to convey the personality of the characters more effectively, and to showcase multiple characters rather than a single character without cramming them all together. My rage comes more from my utter hatred of censorship, its a tool of ignorance. Censoring other people because you disagree with their content is selfish ignorant behavior. Censorship is never a good thing its always favoring some peoples opinion's over others and telling the other people to fuck off, "sorry these people's opinions are more important than yours because there's 2 more of them" is a really shitty way to promote community togetherness. Where does it end once that begins? next its someone who finds colored text disruptive to their reading, then it's someone who thinks we should not have any NSFW content at all because it offends their sensibilities. If you cant allow other people to express themselves the way THEY want to express it and not the way YOU want them to then you are in no way helping the community and are a hindrance to it. Its the same kind of mindset that has led to people laughing and insulting other people's RP when their own RP is just as subject to the same treatment from other people. Opinions are opinions and should not be used to judge and make rules that effect people who do not share your opinions when there is no reason to.
Vph71bq.gif
Posted May 12, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Banned users
Guys, I regret to inform you of this latest news, I have to update my signature now due to the recent update.
Post Violated http://ebhawk.enjin.com/forum/page/5/m/17460172/viewthread/27150738-suggestion-prohibit-animated-signatures/post/118260023#p118260023 You have acquired 1 penalty point. wrote:
854298135.gif
Posted May 12, 16
Empire
wrote:

Wouldn't a person who suffers from epilepsy be unable to play SWTOR in the first place? :undecided:

Not necessarily, IIRC there are in-game options to turn effects down.

Incorrect there is no option to disable particle effects for things like force lightning
Vph71bq.gif
Posted May 12, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
WLB
Neutral
3650239.jpg

I respectfully, sir, disagree with your assessment of my intentions.

I am not trolling; not this time, anyway. In fact, I only go with the whole "troll" shtick in the first place because other people have applied that label to me and I just roll with it.

In this instance, though, I simply used a visual aid to illustrate my view of the issue. A picture is worth a thousand words, they say.

In this case, I am pointing out that imposing rules onto people, rather than showing them enough respect to try to convince them to do something of their own free will, leads to pushback. The more you (or anyone else for that matter) tries to make things into rules, the more people are going to NOT want to follow them. Not all drama is bad. But if you see this as bad drama, here's my suggestion... stop trying to make things into rules, and you won't encounter so much blowback.

Or to use another visual aid...

62828918.jpg
Posted May 12, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Republic
Might wanna close up shop early, folks. Everybody should calm down, take a deep breath and compose your thoughts before replying. Try not to take these threads so personally! :)
Posted May 12, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Neutral
This is a poll. How exactly is anything being enforced or pushed upon people?
Posted May 12, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Empire
wrote:
Might wanna close up shop early, folks. Everybody should calm down, take a deep breath and compose your thoughts before replying. Try not to take these threads so personally! :)

Censorship IS personal though, its someone else trying to tell you that their opinion is more important than theirs and that you need to conform to their way of thinking.
Vph71bq.gif
Posted May 12, 16
Neutral
wrote:
wrote:

People generally respond better to being asked nicely, or when people take the time to make well-rounded arguments to convince them. Going straight to "let's make rules!' always causes blowback.

I have found that there are a certain group of people who don't even respond well to being asked nicely. See also, the huge uptick in animated signatures after the last poll as some sort of "protest".

Wouldn't a person who suffers from epilepsy be unable to play SWTOR in the first place? :undecided:

Not necessarily, IIRC there are in-game options to turn effects down.

Kind of like the forum options to turn off signatures? :). That people seem to be ignoring?
Posted May 12, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Page
of 6
NoticeNotices