Star Forge
Upcoming Events
HoloNet Feed
Drawing Board Feed
Latest Threads
Dulfy RSS
Donations
Container minimized. Expand
HoloTracker: Include (1) Character's In-Game Name, (2) Faction, and (3) Location
HoloTracker [1390]
You do not have access to chat.
Welcome to HoloTracker

Working...

Page
of 6

Resolved [Suggestion] Prohibit Animated Signatures

51 replies
Vivek x
Banned users
I am posting this on behalf of an EBHawk Member. They wish to prohibit the use of animated pictures for User signatures. To minimize on confusion, loopholes, or exceptions, this will extend to all types of animated pictures.

As a precaution, please note that any dramatic or obvious changes to a User's signature, during or following the results of the Poll, will be treated as a violation of the Forum Policies; specifically, that of Trolling, Flame-baiting, or spam.
Yes, prohibit animated signatures
0 votes
0%
Indifferent, I do not care one way or the other
0 votes
0%
No, do not prohibit animated signatures
1 vote
100%
Number of voters: 1
Posted May 12, 16 · OP · Last edited Oct 27, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Empire
wrote:
I am posting this on behalf of an EBHawk Member. They wish to prohibit the use of animated pictures for User signatures.

it was me. it was me all along.
tumblr_nz16l7kf5I1tbo7j1o1_500.gif
Posted May 12, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Aneesa x
Banned users
Normally I don't post on these things because I could careless. This is because I stand by the creed that at the end of the day I could careless as to what you see and think of as right and wrong, because you in no way pay for my subscription and have ZERO authority. I need to be very honest with this one.... Who the hell keeps giving you the notion that your words and or thoughts matter on what other people do?? If you don't like how someone rolls then roll the fuck on and find something else to do. I mean seriously who sits up and thinks of stupid shit like this.. I mean its summer vacation don't you have friends? Fuck it don't you have a job!? Why are you going around talking about stupid loopholes and shit. Kick rocks and go game with people who are in the same boat as you and stop shoving Bull shit down peoples throats. I look at this site maybe 3 times out of the year and this is why because of stupid shit like this. Ban me give me an infraction I don't care. You want to know why .. BECAUSE YOU DON'T PAY MY FUCKING BILL FOR HTIS GAME AND YOU HAVE NO POWER ON WHAT I DO IN IT.

GET A JOB!
tumblr_o5h1gfkqdh1r5a08so2_500.gif
Posted May 12, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Empire
wrote:
So, none of y'all have considered accessibility issues, that people with epilepsy and other neurological disorders might have a hard time handling animated signatures?

Y'all are just going to go straight to screeching "censorship"?

Good job.

Wouldn't a person who suffers from epilepsy be unable to play SWTOR in the first place? :undecided:

Posted May 12, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Empire
Censorship is bad (which if this isn't explicitly censorship, it's most certainly playing footsie with it), and throwing additional regulations onto the pile is just asking for more trouble; if you dislike someone's signature, you're more than welcome to bring it up with the individual (please note that they have the right to ignore you as well)... or you can always just tweak the settings to disable signatures.

I personally vote no. I'm not going to make a habit of hindering anyone's creativity - I've got enough crap on my plate day-to-day.

That having been said, needing to babysit people because they can't act civil (I'm done referring to people as adults here) is also bad.

Play nice.

Reminder: Please remember that the poll results are merely a suggestion - final decisions are made after the fact, once all factors have been weighed.
Posted May 12, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Empire
can we address the large number of accounts that are viewing the thread but never on the website
Posted May 12, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Empire
Im pretty sure this entire thread is just retarded censorship and that this entire website has gotten out of control with a few specific people pushing their own personal preferences onto everyone. This has gotten out of hand to be honest I'm very close to joining the large number of people who are already of the opinion that this site is a waste of time and just leaving it becuase of this crap. Where is this shit going to end? Are we going to start censoring peoples RP content too because someone doesn't like it? We already have people who think we should. Maybe I want to post a suggestion poll that I think everyone should have to type their posts in spanish because english is distracting to read?

People need to just get over their fucking selves and stop thinkign they are the center of the fucking universe and coming up with dumb fucking polls like this.
Anyone who looks at your signature with a straight face and thinks it wasn't made to be as disruptive as possible is lying.

Which is proven further by your extreme rage, swearing, and threats to leave the site because it's useless.

No to animated signatures--though in a perfect world I'd say it should be case by case. I mean, even though this one is a troll signature too, there's a BIG difference in disruptive between this minimal animation:

xUrVy36.gif

And whatever this neon, flashing epilepsy monstrosity is:

Vph71bq.gif
wraithssig_zps16fa660e.png
Posted May 12, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Empire
Beltane
that's my artwork it's kind of rude to call it a monstrosity. It was made to express each character with something that's a little nod to them.

Lizza, who shifts with identities, uses a flame thrower to burn in her name -- her reputation. Alth, surrounded by the very thing that is the Empire (Imperial guards and a dreadful throne), showcases her Sith power. Myriad -- efficient, mysterious, destructive
Posted May 12, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Jai
Neutral
wrote:

People generally respond better to being asked nicely, or when people take the time to make well-rounded arguments to convince them. Going straight to "let's make rules!' always causes blowback.

I have found that there are a certain group of people who don't even respond well to being asked nicely. See also, the huge uptick in animated signatures after the last poll as some sort of "protest".

Wouldn't a person who suffers from epilepsy be unable to play SWTOR in the first place? :undecided:

Not necessarily, IIRC there are in-game options to turn effects down.
14ff2d9301b30ea359041a7b4c30231e.png
Posted May 12, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Can we address how CUTE this is?
Expanded Universe Enthusiast

3438983.jpg
Posted May 12, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo