Star Forge
Upcoming Events
HoloNet Feed
Drawing Board Feed
Latest Threads
Dulfy RSS
Donations
Container minimized. Expand
HoloTracker: Include (1) Character's In-Game Name, (2) Faction, and (3) Location
HoloTracker [1390]
You do not have access to chat.
Welcome to HoloTracker

Working...

Page
of 6

Resolved [Suggestion] Prohibit Animated Signatures

51 replies
Vivek x
Banned users
I am posting this on behalf of an EBHawk Member. They wish to prohibit the use of animated pictures for User signatures. To minimize on confusion, loopholes, or exceptions, this will extend to all types of animated pictures.

As a precaution, please note that any dramatic or obvious changes to a User's signature, during or following the results of the Poll, will be treated as a violation of the Forum Policies; specifically, that of Trolling, Flame-baiting, or spam.
Yes, prohibit animated signatures
0 votes
0%
Indifferent, I do not care one way or the other
0 votes
0%
No, do not prohibit animated signatures
1 vote
100%
Number of voters: 1
Posted May 12, 16 · OP · Last edited Oct 27, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Donor
Empire
I'm sure that will disable all signatures across all devices you use enjin on, though.
wrote:
Well hey, that was a pretty simple solution that was easy to communicate. Looks like my problem is solved, so feel free to express yourselves in your animated signatures however you want, at least as far as I'm concerned.

As a note, that will disable all signatures across all devices you use your enjin account on (as far as I know). So you'll want to re-enable signatures if you want to see them on your PC.
"Hell hath no fury like the vast robot armies of a woman scorned."
Portfolio || DeviantArt
Posted May 12, 16
Neutral
As a frequent browser, and rare poster here I'm going to have to side with the 'Not blocking' section. Signatures and banners are a form of creativity. One that can be blocked client side if you dont to see them. Thats just same as telling a web page 'I dont want to see NSFW content', except it's foolproof... because, signatures dont have to be qualified to count as signatures.
People come to this to express their creativity, stifling said creativity only leads towards the death of it. Not to mention the fact that many people here, and in other places arent -only- members of Ebhawk... And banners arent forum specific that I know of.

As stated above, you can block the viewing of ALL signatures, including banners in your own personal settings. Why -force- everyone to change what they've put hard work into because -you-(Noone specific, anyone it pertains to) are too lazy to click a check box?
Posted May 12, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Empire
It's such a little thing, having no animated signatures, I don't see why anyone would be this FURIOUS about having them not allowed. Like really.

To be fair, people put a lot of work into signatures, they enjoy their character, have put lots of work into their toons, and want to express their creativity. I see no issue with an animated signature, or even the size. If it bothers you, you have the option to turn them off. Penalizing people for their creativity because you just don't feel like clicking a few buttons is wrong.
ejgaib.jpg
Posted May 12, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Jai
Neutral
So, none of y'all have considered accessibility issues, that people with epilepsy and other neurological disorders might have a hard time handling animated signatures?

Y'all are just going to go straight to screeching "censorship"?

Good job.
14ff2d9301b30ea359041a7b4c30231e.png
Posted May 12, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
WLB
Neutral
This entire issue explained in one gif...

tumblr_o1ba7uUUmP1udh5n8o1_500.gif
Posted May 12, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Neutral
If I remember correctly, most of these animated signatures appeared right after people said that they might be a problem to other people's computers, but again, crying censorship and acting like the world is out to get you is easier I guess, lol.
tumblr_o7hq04QkhU1r3lxomo2_r2_1280.png
Posted May 12, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Banned users
I for one and EXTREMELY for the prohibition of all animated signatures, unless of course they have been properly approved by forum administrative personnel, they really are quite distracting.
854298135.gif
Posted May 12, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Empire
the first size-limit signature request thread came up (unfortunately) a few days after I started working on animated signatures! It was actually the other way around, hehe
Posted May 12, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
WLB
Neutral
wrote:
So, none of y'all have considered accessibility issues, that people with epilepsy and other neurological disorders might have a hard time handling animated signatures?

Y'all are just going to go straight to screeching "censorship"?

Good job.

People generally respond better to being asked nicely, or when people take the time to make well-rounded arguments to convince them. Going straight to "let's make rules!' always causes blowback.
Posted May 12, 16
Page
of 6
NoticeNotices