Star Forge
Upcoming Events
HoloNet Feed
Drawing Board Feed
Latest Threads
Dulfy RSS
Donations
Container minimized. Expand
HoloTracker: Include (1) Character's In-Game Name, (2) Faction, and (3) Location
HoloTracker [1390]
You do not have access to chat.
Welcome to HoloTracker

Working...

Page
of 6

Resolved [Suggestion] Prohibit Animated Signatures

51 replies
Vivek x
Banned users
I am posting this on behalf of an EBHawk Member. They wish to prohibit the use of animated pictures for User signatures. To minimize on confusion, loopholes, or exceptions, this will extend to all types of animated pictures.

As a precaution, please note that any dramatic or obvious changes to a User's signature, during or following the results of the Poll, will be treated as a violation of the Forum Policies; specifically, that of Trolling, Flame-baiting, or spam.
Yes, prohibit animated signatures
0 votes
0%
Indifferent, I do not care one way or the other
0 votes
0%
No, do not prohibit animated signatures
1 vote
100%
Number of voters: 1
Posted May 12, 16 · OP · Last edited Oct 27, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Empire
when you say "any obvious changes to a signature" you're clearly excusing the fact that we'll have to change away from animated signatures whenever this poll closes right?

for the purposes of discussion; I mean there's already a size limit and there's a guide on how to block whatever you aren't comfortable viewing for whatever reason. do we need to police further the content of people's signatures
Posted May 12, 16 · Last edited May 12, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Donor
Empire
I'm pretty sure Vivek meant situations like in the last suggestion thread where some people (myself included) expressed a personal dislike for animated signatures, and then a bunch of other people mysteriously added them after participating in the thread. :)
"Hell hath no fury like the vast robot armies of a woman scorned."
Portfolio || DeviantArt
Posted May 12, 16 · Last edited May 12, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Vivek x
Banned users
wrote:
when you say "any obvious changes to a signature" you're clearly excusing the fact that we'll have to change away from animated signatures whenever this poll closes right?

What I am saying is that no matter what the Poll results are, if it looks like Trolling, Spamming, or Flame-baiting, we'll issue warnings accordingly. It will be case by case.
Posted May 12, 16 · OP
Donor
Neutral
I voted to prohibit animated signatures, primarily because when I am away from my computer and have to use my phone to check EBHawk, my browser often slows down or crashes whenever I attempt to access a thread with any animated signatures or GIFs. I also don't personally see why a signature like that is necessary, as it doesn't really offer any benefits. The same creativity can be expressed in an unobtrusive way, at least from my perspective. I don't mean any disrespect to anyone, but this is just something that has hampered my experience with the website.
Posted May 12, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Empire
Im pretty sure this entire thread is just retarded censorship and that this entire website has gotten out of control with a few specific people pushing their own personal preferences onto everyone. This has gotten out of hand to be honest I'm very close to joining the large number of people who are already of the opinion that this site is a waste of time and just leaving it becuase of this crap. Where is this shit going to end? Are we going to start censoring peoples RP content too because someone doesn't like it? We already have people who think we should. Maybe I want to post a suggestion poll that I think everyone should have to type their posts in spanish because english is distracting to read?

People need to just get over their fucking selves and stop thinkign they are the center of the fucking universe and coming up with dumb fucking polls like this.
Vph71bq.gif
Posted May 12, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Neutral
"Censorship" lol
tumblr_o7hq04QkhU1r3lxomo2_r2_1280.png
Posted May 12, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Empire
wrote:
I voted to prohibit animated signatures, primarily because when I am away from my computer and have to use my phone to check EBHawk, my browser often slows down or crashes whenever I attempt to access a thread with any animated signatures or GIFs. I also don't personally see why a signature like that is necessary, as it doesn't really offer any benefits. The same creativity can be expressed in an unobtrusive way, at least from my perspective. I don't mean any disrespect to anyone, but this is just something that has hampered my experience with the website.

Then disable signatures when you're browsing on your phone... penalizing other people because you're too lazy to do that is rediculous. Just because YOU dont see a reason to have an animated signature that means no one else can have a reason to? Get off your fucking high horse
Vph71bq.gif
Posted May 12, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Republic
Get off your fucking high horse
Wow, no need to be rude
Posted May 12, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Empire
"Censorship" lol

It IS censorship, its telling people what they can and cant have by supressing things that some people find offensive or annoying. Its forcing other peopel to conform to the the preferences of other people.
Vph71bq.gif
Posted May 12, 16
Page
of 6
NoticeNotices