Star Forge
Upcoming Events
HoloNet Feed
Drawing Board Feed
Latest Threads
Dulfy RSS
Donations
Container minimized. Expand
HoloTracker: Include (1) Character's In-Game Name, (2) Faction, and (3) Location
HoloTracker [1333]
Sun at 1:12
A bounty hunter in armor of vaguely-Mandalorian style has been spotted shopping on the Promenade. He appears to be looking for infant-sized clothes. (Eksa [alt code 0228 on the "a"] Bendak, Empire, Nar Shaddaa instance 3, coordinates X -1083 Y -712)
Sun at 2:45
The hunter has made his purchases and departed.
You do not have access to chat.
Welcome to HoloTracker

Working...

Page
of 2

Resolved [Suggestion] Side Module Feeds

16 replies
Vivek x
Banned users
In response to the points made in this thread, and based on general activity, I wanted to take another look at how our side bars are organized. Like before, the struggle is to find a healthy balance between displaying and easily accessing useful information vs. reducing clutter.

Here is my proposal:

The three most notable changes are (1) the condensing and combining of the HoloNet and Contractor's board, to make room for (2) Interest Checks and The Classifieds, while (3) removing Latest Journals to bring down the overall side bar module count from six to five.

As Lord Adsum mentioned in the aforementioned thread, I believe the HoloNet Transmissions, Contractor's Board, Brainstorm and Planning, and Interest checks are time sensitive. HoloNet Transmissions and the Contractor's Board are framed through the in-character/in-universe HoloNet, hence my reasoning for combining them under the appropriately named module. Likewise, Interest Checks and Classifieds are there to garner support, but don't necessarily have time to receive the attention/exposure they need amidst a slew of replies that are featured in the catch-all Latest Threads module.

As a starting point, we will be voting on my proposal. If further discussion is required, then we will have that discussion. Once again, keep in mind that these changes are designed to continuously improve the overall browsing experience on the EBHawk. Not everyone will share the same preferences/interests as you do, and it is important to understand that there needs to be give and take, and compromise from everyone. So, be nice.
Yes, implement the proposed side-bar module changes
0 votes
0%
Kinda/Sorta. Discuss/Propose different side-bar module organization/feeds
0 votes
0%
No, do not implement the proposed side-bar module changes
0 votes
0%
Indifferent
0 votes
0%
Number of voters: 0
Posted Apr 27, 16 · OP · Last edited Oct 27, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Republic
wrote:
As it stands, the Latest Threads and Latest Journals modules are updated by post-reply. The idea is that the new modules will be updated strictly by New Threads, but everything will be rolled back into Latest Threads, and thereby updated by post-replies. To that end, Journals will then begin showing up in Latest Threads as they are created/updated.
Y'all gonna regret that shit :)
Posted Apr 29, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Empire
I'm all for the Holonet stuff actually updating, since as it stands right now it doesn't seem like they do (I could post a reply or something to a thread I've made in the Holonet section and it won't end up in the 'Holonet Feed'), but I'm not necessarily sure about not letting journals or stories be their own thing. Then again, I'm not entirely certain about how many folks actually read stuff in the first place, so I really have mixed opinions in regard to how that change might affect stuff.
Posted Apr 29, 16
Vivek x
Banned users
wrote:
I'm all for the Holonet stuff actually updating, since as it stands right now it doesn't seem like they do (I could post a reply or something to a thread I've made in the Holonet section and it won't end up in the 'Holonet Feed'), but I'm not necessarily sure about not letting journals or stories be their own thing. Then again, I'm not entirely certain about how many folks actually read stuff in the first place, so I really have mixed opinions in regard to how that change might affect stuff.

The HoloNet feed has only featured new threads since we first implemented it; subsequent updates and post-replies have always shown up the Latest Threads, however.
Posted Apr 29, 16 · OP
Vivek x
Banned users
Daily bump.
Posted Apr 30, 16 · OP
Vivek x
Banned users
Daily bump.
Posted May 2, 16 · OP
Vivek x
Banned users
Only four hours left to vote!
Posted May 4, 16 · OP
Vivek x
Banned users
As per the poll results, the proposed updates to the side bar modules have been implemented. Thank you all for your votes and input, and we hope you continue to provide your ideas and suggestions to further improve the EBHawk Community website.
Posted May 5, 16 · OP
Page
of 2
NoticeNotices