Star Forge
Upcoming Events
HoloNet Feed
Drawing Board Feed
Latest Threads
Dulfy RSS
Donations
Container minimized. Expand
HoloTracker: Include (1) Character's In-Game Name, (2) Faction, and (3) Location
HoloTracker [1333]
Sun at 1:12
A bounty hunter in armor of vaguely-Mandalorian style has been spotted shopping on the Promenade. He appears to be looking for infant-sized clothes. (Eksa [alt code 0228 on the "a"] Bendak, Empire, Nar Shaddaa instance 3, coordinates X -1083 Y -712)
Sun at 2:45
The hunter has made his purchases and departed.
You do not have access to chat.
Welcome to HoloTracker

Working...

Page
of 12

Resolved [Suggestion] Forum Signature Size Limits: Part 2

107 replies
Vivek x
Banned users
As I mentioned near the start of voting, and based on the first poll's results, a second poll is required to determine which maximum size limit will be implemented. Although Option #2 was the most popular in the first poll, it is out of a common courtesy for those who voted 'No' or 'Indifferent' to choose their second best option; or after the discussion that has taken place thus far, allow someone to switch their vote.

For posterity's sake, here are the first poll's results, and the original post below that. The polling options remain unchanged, with the exception of 'No' being omitted.

No: 22
Indifferent: 4
Yes: 41

I am posting this suggestion on behalf of an EBHawk Community member. They wish to institute limits to the maximize size of forum signatures to reduce bloated forum posts while browsing threads. The images below represent select example sizes, as well as correspond to poll options.

Spoiler: Current EBHawk Signature ExamplesShow

Voting Options

k7S3SLr.png

SSiGm1C.png

UOkqblV.png

65uIidk.png
Indifferent
0 votes
0%
Yes, implement OPTION #1 as the max forum signature limit
0 votes
0%
Yes, implement OPTION #2 as the max forum signature limit
0 votes
0%
Yes, implement OPTION #3 as the max forum signature limit
0 votes
0%
Yes, implement OPTION #4 as the max forum signature limit
0 votes
0%
Number of voters: 0
Posted Apr 14, 16 · OP · Last edited Oct 26, 16
Graphic Artist
Donor
Republic
While I lean towards the side of having a size limit, Adblock truly is an amazing thing when it comes to sigs. People can have whatever they want as a sig, just as I can block whatever bothers me.
RN116Yr.png
Posted Apr 24, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Neutral
Voted maximum size; because really it's not my place to decide upon what people can or can't do with their signatures. If they want a big one, let them have it. A small one, then sure. It doesn't bother me any, and it shows other people's interests and what they consider to be 'pretty'.
eODvUR5.gif
Posted Apr 25, 16 · Last edited Apr 25, 16
Empire
I think option 3 is best. Anything else is unnecessarily large and quite bothersome. I miss the old days when signatures were these small things that usually were just a line and not a giant , huge ad-banner that sparkles, whirls, twirls, and basically just exists to give sensory overload to whatever poor soul goes to the forum.

Moderation, people, moderation. 3 still lets you use a pretty picture without making it into a giant flashy abomination that would make Pikachu get seizures.

http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?5707-Signatures-and-Userbars

I had a Blood Ravens one of the same size, I miss it. These were proper and did not cause other forumgoers trouble.
w40k%20player.jpg
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Empire
wrote:
I think option 3 is best. Anything else is unnecessarily large and quite bothersome. I miss the old days when signatures were these small things that usually were just a line and not a giant , huge ad-banner that sparkles, whirls, twirls, and basically just exists to give sensory overload to whatever poor soul goes to the forum.
What old days? The old days I remember, like late 90s-early 00s, consisted of forums with no signature limit, so people would literally put like 5+ images and tons of text in their signatures so you had to keep scrolling... and scrolling... and scrolling. Some forums are still like that. *Those* are ridiculous signatures, one single image is not.
wraithssig_zps16fa660e.png
Posted Apr 25, 16
Donor
Empire
Quote:
What old days? The old days I remember, like late 90s-early 00s, consisted of forums with no signature limit, so people would literally put like 5+ images and tons of text in their signatures so you had to keep scrolling... and scrolling... and scrolling. Some forums are still like that. *Those* are ridiculous signatures, one single image is not.

ohgod. Flashbacks to the various Final Fantasy forums I was a part of back in the old days of the late nineties/early 2000's. I THOUGHT I HAD FORGOTTEN NOOOOOOOOOO.

Ahem. On-topic.

I personally voted for the biggest option because I don't mind big pictures.
kDsd5vl.png
Posted Apr 25, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Empire
i noticed that every option is for 700 width -- is this arbitrary or was there a reason 700 was chosen?
Posted Apr 25, 16
Empire
wrote:
i noticed that every option is for 700 width -- is this arbitrary or was there a reason 700 was chosen?
I'm guessing because that's the fixed width of the post box. Anything bigger would stretch it and anything smaller would be needless since width has no impact on scroll time.
Posted Apr 25, 16
Empire
wrote:
wrote:
~snip
I'm guessing because that's the fixed width of the post box. Anything bigger would stretch it and anything smaller would be needless since width has no impact on scroll time.

The max non-stretching signature space is 845, a bit wider than the text box.
Posted Apr 25, 16
Empire
It's 845 until you take the avatar into account. This is an 845 px wide image and it's resized once you post it.

I just checked--it actually resized it to 678px.

kN69FcB.png

yJNaCb8.png
Page
of 12
NoticeNotices