Star Forge
Upcoming Events
HoloNet Feed
Drawing Board Feed
Latest Threads
Dulfy RSS
Donations
Container minimized. Expand
HoloTracker: Include (1) Character's In-Game Name, (2) Faction, and (3) Location
HoloTracker [1333]
Sun at 1:12
A bounty hunter in armor of vaguely-Mandalorian style has been spotted shopping on the Promenade. He appears to be looking for infant-sized clothes. (Eksa [alt code 0228 on the "a"] Bendak, Empire, Nar Shaddaa instance 3, coordinates X -1083 Y -712)
Sun at 2:45
The hunter has made his purchases and departed.
You do not have access to chat.
Welcome to HoloTracker

Working...

Page
of 12

Resolved [Suggestion] Forum Signature Size Limits: Part 2

107 replies
Vivek x
Banned users
As I mentioned near the start of voting, and based on the first poll's results, a second poll is required to determine which maximum size limit will be implemented. Although Option #2 was the most popular in the first poll, it is out of a common courtesy for those who voted 'No' or 'Indifferent' to choose their second best option; or after the discussion that has taken place thus far, allow someone to switch their vote.

For posterity's sake, here are the first poll's results, and the original post below that. The polling options remain unchanged, with the exception of 'No' being omitted.

No: 22
Indifferent: 4
Yes: 41

I am posting this suggestion on behalf of an EBHawk Community member. They wish to institute limits to the maximize size of forum signatures to reduce bloated forum posts while browsing threads. The images below represent select example sizes, as well as correspond to poll options.

Spoiler: Current EBHawk Signature ExamplesShow

Voting Options

k7S3SLr.png

SSiGm1C.png

UOkqblV.png

65uIidk.png
Indifferent
0 votes
0%
Yes, implement OPTION #1 as the max forum signature limit
0 votes
0%
Yes, implement OPTION #2 as the max forum signature limit
0 votes
0%
Yes, implement OPTION #3 as the max forum signature limit
0 votes
0%
Yes, implement OPTION #4 as the max forum signature limit
0 votes
0%
Number of voters: 0
Posted Apr 14, 16 · OP · Last edited Oct 26, 16
Empire
150 is ****ing huge. 50 is what most forums I met would use. So its like three times bigger than usual!

You seem to have money-stakes in it, so it is understandable to be biased.

If I sold chocolate, I would be yelling at anybody who says they make you fat.

So it is an understandable position. Still, the logic applies that signatures were rather meant to be small on forums, to not cause any trouble.
w40k%20player.jpg
Posted Apr 18, 16 · Last edited Apr 18, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Republic
Vivek has already indicated a second poll may be necessary on this topic. At this point that would most likely be a poll choosing between the limits in option 1 and option 2, since those seem to be the most popular.
Posted Apr 18, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Neutral
I voted for Option 1.

While I think 250 is a bit large, I think 150 is to small. A middle ground like Beltane's 200 is a good middle ground IMO.
tumblr_nl3319SLin1u885n3o1_500.gif
Posted Apr 18, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Empire
wrote:
Vivek has already indicated a second poll may be necessary on this topic. At this point that would most likely be a poll choosing between the limits in option 1 and option 2, since those seem to be the most popular.

Technically the most popular single answer is no limit at all. This probably should have been done as a simple yes no, and then do size vote if yes won. The current one loses the input of people who vote no towards which size they think is best in the event one is imposed.
Vph71bq.gif
Posted Apr 18, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Empire
wrote:
150 is ****ing huge. 50 is what most forums I met would use. So its like three times bigger than usual!

So it is an understandable position. Still, the logic applies that signatures were rather meant to be small on forums, to not cause any trouble.
Not sure why you're swearing and accusing me of being in it for the money on top of calling signatures e-peen or whatever. Pretty weird dude.

Anyway, no, it's not just about the money. I mentioned people pay me to make signatures because it's an indication people CARE about their signatures. and no, 150 is not ***ing huge unless you're using an 800 x 600 resolution or something.
wraithssig_zps16fa660e.png
Posted Apr 18, 16
Republic
This is silly and makes me giggle
Posted Apr 18, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Empire
wrote:
wrote:

Not sure why you're swearing and accusing me of being in it for the money on top of calling signatures e-peen or whatever. Pretty weird dude.

Anyway, no, it's not just about the money. I mentioned people pay me to make signatures because it's an indication people CARE about their signatures. and no, 150 is not ***ing huge unless you're using an 800 x 600 resolution or something.

Stating a fact is not an accusation. Also, it is very huge for a forum signature, not very huge compared to screen resolution, where do you even get that?

Yes, it is huge. Most signatures are there to be a long, but short thing. Not a tall, but short thing. That's disruptive.
w40k%20player.jpg
Posted Apr 18, 16
Empire
Only it's not a fact. You're seeing what you want to see, lol.

RPers tend to enjoy graphics and art that represents their characters. There's nothing "disruptive" or "epeen" about expressing yourself/your character/your guild through a pretty signature. You might find them needless and disruptive but clearly your opinion is not the majority.
wraithssig_zps16fa660e.png
Posted Apr 18, 16
Neutral
150 would be the smallest size I have seen on any popular community or guild forum that I have ever used. (some don't allow sigs at all).

50 would just seem, pointless to me. I think there are a lot of creative and interesting sigs out there, and I would hate to see them reduced to something the size of a quarter.
tumblr_nl3319SLin1u885n3o1_500.gif
Posted Apr 18, 16
Page
of 12
NoticeNotices