Star Forge
Upcoming Events
HoloNet Feed
Drawing Board Feed
Latest Threads
Dulfy RSS
Donations
Container minimized. Expand
HoloTracker: Include (1) Character's In-Game Name, (2) Faction, and (3) Location
HoloTracker [1390]
You do not have access to chat.
Welcome to HoloTracker

Working...

Page
of 12

Resolved [Suggestion] Forum Signature Size Limits: Part 2

103 replies
Vivek x
Banned users
As I mentioned near the start of voting, and based on the first poll's results, a second poll is required to determine which maximum size limit will be implemented. Although Option #2 was the most popular in the first poll, it is out of a common courtesy for those who voted 'No' or 'Indifferent' to choose their second best option; or after the discussion that has taken place thus far, allow someone to switch their vote.

For posterity's sake, here are the first poll's results, and the original post below that. The polling options remain unchanged, with the exception of 'No' being omitted.

No: 22
Indifferent: 4
Yes: 41

I am posting this suggestion on behalf of an EBHawk Community member. They wish to institute limits to the maximize size of forum signatures to reduce bloated forum posts while browsing threads. The images below represent select example sizes, as well as correspond to poll options.

Spoiler: Current EBHawk Signature ExamplesShow

Voting Options

k7S3SLr.png

SSiGm1C.png

UOkqblV.png

65uIidk.png
Indifferent
0 votes
0%
Yes, implement OPTION #1 as the max forum signature limit
0 votes
0%
Yes, implement OPTION #2 as the max forum signature limit
0 votes
0%
Yes, implement OPTION #3 as the max forum signature limit
0 votes
0%
Yes, implement OPTION #4 as the max forum signature limit
0 votes
0%
Number of voters: 0
Posted Apr 14, 16 · OP · Last edited Oct 26, 16
Empire
I'm alright with reasonable restrictions, but the popular option of 150 pixels is way too small. It makes your signature lose detail and some of us actually put a lot of effort into signatures.

My current signature is 200px tall. I doubt it is super disruptive to scroll past.
24Fou9v.jpg

And here's the 150px version. Needlessly tiny, hardly saves any scrolling space in the grand scheme of things.
XaA3b7M.jpg
wraithssig_zps16fa660e.png
Posted Apr 18, 16
Empire
This seems like a "look at my e-peen signature" thing to me.

Option 2 is very generous and would be best. By most forum standards, its still very big.

There is no reason not to put them to 700, its scrolling down that they bother , not sideways.

One signature does not add scrolling, but even the most rudimentary knowledge in mathematics assures us that all the signatures ad up into a huge bother if they are large.
w40k%20player.jpg
Posted Apr 18, 16 · Last edited Apr 18, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Republic
wrote:
I get so annoyed when people have these big as fuck signatures, but only post a sentence max. I've never understood the point of signatures in the first place, unless it's to post something goofy, but they're fine when they're not obnoxious. Option 1 is more than enough space for people to post their pictures or signatures or whatever. If your image is too big, just scale it down in photoshop

I'm right there with you man. When you'd have to write multiple paragraphs of text to make the actual content of your post as big as the vanity image you have below it, then it's a problem. Personally I prefer option 2, as I think option 1 is too tall, but I don't see any reason to limit the horizontal space so long as it doesn't break forum formatting.
Posted Apr 18, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Republic
wrote:
I'm alright with reasonable restrictions, but the popular option of 150 pixels is way too small. It makes your signature lose detail and some of us actually put a lot of effort into signatures.

My current signature is 200px tall. I doubt it is super disruptive to scroll past.
24Fou9v.jpg

And here's the 150px version. Needlessly tiny, hardly saves any scrolling space in the grand scheme of things.
XaA3b7M.jpg
I'm not trying to be belligerent when I say that I can't really see that much of a difference. I don't think you're losing much detail, and I think it looks fine.
Posted Apr 18, 16
Empire
The fact remains people care about their signatures; I sell signatures. I doubt people want to spend real money for something only to have it be tiny. This was one of the few forums where they could be a decent size, too. I just honestly don't get it.

What does bother me are flashing, quickly animated signatures, but a graphic? Does it really hinder your experience THAT much to scroll?

This feels like a change that would make a few happy and annoy many.

Also, I hope the entire poll is taken into account, while at first it appears option 2 is close to winning the reality is...

No, do not implement any forum signature size limitizations 19 votes 34.5%
Indifferent 3 votes 5.5%
Yes, implement OPTION #1 as the max forum signature limit 12 votes 21.8%
Yes, implement OPTION #2 as the max forum signature limit 17 votes 30.9%
Yes, implement OPTION #3 as the max forum signature limit 1 vote 1.8%
Yes, implement OPTION #4 as the max forum signature limit 3 votes 5.5%

...this comes out to 35 users who are for either NO change or for large limits and only 20 people who are for the tiny 150px limit.
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Republic
There's also 33 users who think there should be some sort of a limit, as opposed to the 19 who do not, which should also be taken into account.
Posted Apr 18, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
This is silly. People can turn off signatures entirely via enjin account settings. I've yet to see any outrageously long/large signatures nor has my forum browsing experience been limited in anyway.
Posted Apr 18, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Empire
wrote:
There's also 33 users who think there should be some sort of a limit, as opposed to the 19 who do not, which should also be taken into account.
Which is why I said:
" ...this comes out to 35 users who are for either NO change or for large limits and only 20 people who are for the tiny 150px limit. "

I'd be fine with a 200, 250, etc px limit, but I'm strongly opposed to 150. I actually voted for option 1 myself. Limits are fine, but please don't make them tiny for no reason.

Though I'm not certain why 200px wasn't given as an option since to me that's a great height and what I always set my own signatures at!
Empire
150 is ****ing huge. 50 is what most forums I met would use. So its like three times bigger than usual!

You seem to have money-stakes in it, so it is understandable to be biased.

If I sold chocolate, I would be yelling at anybody who says they make you fat.

So it is an understandable position. Still, the logic applies that signatures were rather meant to be small on forums, to not cause any trouble.
w40k%20player.jpg
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Page
of 12
NoticeNotices