Star Forge
Upcoming Events
HoloNet Feed
Drawing Board Feed
Latest Threads
Dulfy RSS
Donations
Container minimized. Expand
HoloTracker: Include (1) Character's In-Game Name, (2) Faction, and (3) Location
HoloTracker [1390]
You do not have access to chat.
Welcome to HoloTracker

Working...

Page
of 12

Resolved [Suggestion] Forum Signature Size Limits: Part 2

103 replies
Vivek x
Banned users
As I mentioned near the start of voting, and based on the first poll's results, a second poll is required to determine which maximum size limit will be implemented. Although Option #2 was the most popular in the first poll, it is out of a common courtesy for those who voted 'No' or 'Indifferent' to choose their second best option; or after the discussion that has taken place thus far, allow someone to switch their vote.

For posterity's sake, here are the first poll's results, and the original post below that. The polling options remain unchanged, with the exception of 'No' being omitted.

No: 22
Indifferent: 4
Yes: 41

I am posting this suggestion on behalf of an EBHawk Community member. They wish to institute limits to the maximize size of forum signatures to reduce bloated forum posts while browsing threads. The images below represent select example sizes, as well as correspond to poll options.

Spoiler: Current EBHawk Signature ExamplesShow

Voting Options

k7S3SLr.png

SSiGm1C.png

UOkqblV.png

65uIidk.png
Indifferent
0 votes
0%
Yes, implement OPTION #1 as the max forum signature limit
0 votes
0%
Yes, implement OPTION #2 as the max forum signature limit
0 votes
0%
Yes, implement OPTION #3 as the max forum signature limit
0 votes
0%
Yes, implement OPTION #4 as the max forum signature limit
0 votes
0%
Number of voters: 0
Posted Apr 14, 16 · OP · Last edited Oct 26, 16
Vivek x
Banned users
Final day to vote and discuss!
Posted Apr 29, 16 · OP
Empire
Alth, the hide signature thing is really, really hard to find. I have not know it even existed before this topic.
w40k%20player.jpg
Posted Apr 29, 16
Empire
wrote:
Alth, the hide signature thing is really, really hard to find. I have not know it even existed before this topic.

I 100% agree with you, my point is that since it exists teaching people how to find it and disable them if signatures are an issue for them is better than restricting everyone for the sake of a few.
Vph71bq.gif
Posted Apr 29, 16
Republic
Now this is just crazy, jeezo man

I'm pretty sure no one is committing voter fraud on this signature size thread on a Star Wars roleplay forum. Besides, it's a really close race, and in the admin module on enjin, you can see people based on their IP address.
Posted Apr 29, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Empire
wrote:
Now this is just crazy, jeezo man

I'm pretty sure no one is committing voter fraud on this signature size thread on a Star Wars roleplay forum. Besides, it's a really close race, and in the admin module on enjin, you can see people based on their IP address.

You can only audit votes on Ultimate Plan, not Advanced.
Posted Apr 29, 16
Republic
I 100% agree with you, my point is that since it exists teaching people how to find it and disable them if signatures are an issue for them is better than restricting everyone for the sake of a few.

The thing is, in my case (and I'm guessing in the case of a lot of other people, given how many people have voted for restrictions) is that I'm fine with signatures as long as they are not 1) overly large, and 2) disruptive. Using that option means I don't see any signatures, which is pretty much throwing the baby out with the bathwater. Setting up reasonable restrictions based on forum member input is a much better solution than forcing everyone to either block all signatures or download third-party browser addons to block specific signatures.

Also, I literally laughed out loud at the idea of anyone caring enough about this particular poll to register multiple accounts on multiple emails in order to commit voter fraud just to push for a certain pixel limit. XD
Posted Apr 29, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Empire
wrote:
Also, I literally laughed out loud at the idea of anyone caring enough about this particular poll to register multiple accounts on multiple emails in order to commit voter fraud just to push for a certain pixel limit. XD

I don't think its any more ridiculous than the people who use anonymous complaints to complain about things that in some cases they are only complaining about because its a person they don't like and the actual subject of the complaint has nothing to do with it. Beyond that the term "Reasonable restrictions" is highly subjective, to what you consider reasonable and what you consider disruptive. If we are going to start basing one thing on people's personal opinions then why not everything! lets vote on every single aspect of the site and base everything on the opinions of the few people who actually vote!

56 votes have been cast, out of 2000 registered users to the site that's not exactly a majority opinion, especially when you take into account that of those 56 they don't even all agree on the same restrictions. That said I'm not against the height restrictions on signatures, I am however against further limiting signatures by doing stuff like banning animated signatures and the like as some people suggest.
Vph71bq.gif
Posted Apr 29, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Republic
I don't think its any more ridiculous than the people who use anonymous complaints to complain about things that in some cases they are only complaining about because its a person they don't like and the actual subject of the complaint has nothing to do with it.

This is another Internet conspiracy theory level complaint. Are you seriously alleging that this whole poll is about one unnamed person trying to attack one other unnamed person through sneaky subversive methods?

Beyond that the term "Reasonable restrictions" is highly subjective, to what you consider reasonable and what you consider disruptive. If we are going to start basing one thing on people's personal opinions then why not everything! lets vote on every single aspect of the site and base everything on the opinions of the few people who actually vote!

What would you rather the admins do? Never change anything? Make all changes unilaterally without getting any input from the members at all? Because those are the other two main options. Personally, I'm glad the admin team on here asks for input from the members before altering the site layout or rules.

That said I'm not against the height restrictions on signatures, I am however against further limiting signatures by doing stuff like banning animated signatures and the like as some people suggest.

As I said before, the only reason I said we might want to consider forbidding animated signatures is because people decided to be trolls in response to this thread and suddenly acquired them (as well as superlarge signatures) who had never had them before, and I don't believe in rewarding poor behavior. Before then I didn't care; it's just another case of a few jerks turning opinion against them.
Posted Apr 29, 16 · Last edited Apr 29, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Republic
I'm of the opinion that animated signatures should be judged on a case by case basis. Not sure we need another poll for it. If enough people find the signature in question distracting or detracting from the roleplay experience, something should be done to change it.
Posted Apr 29, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Page
of 12
NoticeNotices