Star Forge
Upcoming Events
HoloNet Feed
Drawing Board Feed
Latest Threads
Dulfy RSS
Donations
Container minimized. Expand
HoloTracker: Include (1) Character's In-Game Name, (2) Faction, and (3) Location
HoloTracker [1390]
You do not have access to chat.
Welcome to HoloTracker

Working...

Page
of 12

Resolved [Suggestion] Forum Signature Size Limits: Part 2

103 replies
Vivek x
Banned users
As I mentioned near the start of voting, and based on the first poll's results, a second poll is required to determine which maximum size limit will be implemented. Although Option #2 was the most popular in the first poll, it is out of a common courtesy for those who voted 'No' or 'Indifferent' to choose their second best option; or after the discussion that has taken place thus far, allow someone to switch their vote.

For posterity's sake, here are the first poll's results, and the original post below that. The polling options remain unchanged, with the exception of 'No' being omitted.

No: 22
Indifferent: 4
Yes: 41

I am posting this suggestion on behalf of an EBHawk Community member. They wish to institute limits to the maximize size of forum signatures to reduce bloated forum posts while browsing threads. The images below represent select example sizes, as well as correspond to poll options.

Spoiler: Current EBHawk Signature ExamplesShow

Voting Options

k7S3SLr.png

SSiGm1C.png

UOkqblV.png

65uIidk.png
Indifferent
0 votes
0%
Yes, implement OPTION #1 as the max forum signature limit
0 votes
0%
Yes, implement OPTION #2 as the max forum signature limit
0 votes
0%
Yes, implement OPTION #3 as the max forum signature limit
0 votes
0%
Yes, implement OPTION #4 as the max forum signature limit
0 votes
0%
Number of voters: 0
Posted Apr 14, 16 · OP · Last edited Oct 26, 16
Graphic Artist
Donor
Republic
I'd say option 1's the best - gives the freedom of using the entire width, and 250 isn't too big.
RN116Yr.png
Posted Apr 14, 16
Republic
I voted no cause I don't see too many sigs that destroy tables. But I think if there are any just hit them up with a PM and be like "Hey bro"
p5EFBTv.jpg
Posted Apr 14, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Vivek x
Banned users
I suppose I should mention this now well before voting ends, but if the total number of votes in favor of one of the four size limitations is more than the total number of votes for those who are against any size limitations whatsoever, then we'll re-vote on strictly one of the four options.

In other words, as it stands, the "Yes" vote is split into four different options, and we are acknowledging how that might affect the poll's outcome overall. I still want the four image options available in the first poll, so people can discuss them prior to a second poll, if we end up needing a second poll.
Posted Apr 14, 16 · OP
Empire
I'd suggest a size limit rather than resolution limit; a 6MB 120x60 image is a lot more annoying than a physically large but low-file size image.

The forum will resize any image to a maximum forum width, but it can't make the file size of pics bigger.
Posted Apr 16, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Vivek x
Banned users
Daily bump.
Posted Apr 17, 16 · OP
Republic
I get so annoyed when people have these big as fuck signatures, but only post a sentence max. I've never understood the point of signatures in the first place, unless it's to post something goofy, but they're fine when they're not obnoxious. Option 1 is more than enough space for people to post their pictures or signatures or whatever. If your image is too big, just scale it down in photoshop
Posted Apr 17, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Neutral
wrote:
I'd suggest a size limit rather than resolution limit; a 6MB 120x60 image is a lot more annoying than a physically large but low-file size image.

The forum will resize any image to a maximum forum width, but it can't make the file size of pics bigger.

Unfortunately, enjin doesn't offer the option to limit by memory, but only by dimensions. Otherwise I'd say this was definitely the best idea.
aurhia-sig.jpg
Posted Apr 17, 16
Empire
wrote:
wrote:

Unfortunately, enjin doesn't offer the option to limit by memory, but only by dimensions. Otherwise I'd say this was definitely the best idea.

I understand that; I was going by the idea of "don't use signatures larger than 4MB, or a moderator will nix it."
Posted Apr 17, 16
Donor
Empire
I'd definitely like a size limit on signatures, and I'd also like a ban on heavily animated signatures (something really busy, rather than a subtle animation) because I find them extremely distracting when I'm trying to read/post.

So this wouldn't bother me:
giphy.gif

But this would:
310.gif

I personally like option 2 the best because wideness isn't usually an issue (unless it's obscenely wide) - it's more the height that takes up more page space and means way more scrolling over content that's not really relevant.
"Hell hath no fury like the vast robot armies of a woman scorned."
Portfolio || DeviantArt
Posted Apr 17, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Page
of 12
NoticeNotices