Star Forge
Upcoming Events
HoloNet Feed
Drawing Board Feed
Latest Threads
Dulfy RSS
Donations
Container minimized. Expand
HoloTracker: Include (1) Character's In-Game Name, (2) Faction, and (3) Location
HoloTracker [1390]
You do not have access to chat.
Welcome to HoloTracker

Working...

Page
of 3

Resolved [Suggestion] Make top "you are untagged" container collapsable.

23 replies
Empire
I really can't think of any downside or opposition to this. As someone who elects to stay untagged, it should be a collapsable container so it can go away.
Yes, allow the 'Untagged Notice' be collapsible
0 votes
0%
Indifferent
0 votes
0%
No, do not alow the 'Untagged Notice' to be collapsible
0 votes
0%
Number of voters: 0
Posted Mar 20, 16 · OP · Last edited Oct 26, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Untagged users
I'll support this,
Boogyman of the Empire
Posted Mar 20, 16
Donor
As someone that has an unhealthy obsession with alts in factions ranging from Imperials to Jedi to lazy do-nothings with no loyalties I approve of this message.
Posted Mar 21, 16
Vivek x
Banned users
I have added a poll to the OP.

On a personal note, the Member Tags are not only used to identify any of the following reasons:

Member Tags wrote:
(1) which Faction you frequently play on, (2) what best reflects your character(s) alignment, and/or (3) however you choose to represent yourself on the website.

... but also to help guide new members who join the website, as well as gauge activity and investment. If you prefer to be "unaligned," then I recommend simply going Purple/Neutral -- is the same thing.
Posted Mar 21, 16
Neutral
I only got tagged to make it go away. :p
tumblr_nl3319SLin1u885n3o1_500.gif
Posted Mar 21, 16
Empire
Yeah purple is basically the same as untagged. I don't really see the point to this. Just go purple.
w40k%20player.jpg
Posted Mar 21, 16
Empire
I mean I'll deal with it forever, I don't identify as "neutral or no faction", I identify as a player who contributes stuff to the site and community without needing to ID which team, or both, that I play for.

I can't think of a reason not to let people minimize it, other than to annoy them into getting tagged. The goal of a website, especially one that relies on community involvement to have a reason to exist, shouldn't go out of its way to annoy users when it wouldn't cost anyone anything to help them out.
Posted Mar 21, 16 · OP · Last edited Mar 21, 16
Neutral
I support this. Being untagged doesn't harm anyone, and a nagging annoyance can only serve drive away someone who might otherwise bring positive contributions to the site. They can, as stated above, always choose to 'declare allegiance' (or change it) later.
Posted Mar 21, 16
Empire
All this need for identifying is pointless. The game is two faction. Red imperials, blue repubublic, purple other.

If I want to identify as a race car, yeah, its purple, because it is not imperial nor republic. Adding a billion tags for every little niche is just pointless.

The tags are there to allow imperials and jedi to quickly identify potential rp partners.
w40k%20player.jpg
Posted Mar 21, 16 · Last edited Mar 21, 16
Empire
I just don't see the reason why. We could paint the white house yellow. Why not? But why?

Why not just get the purple tag? Do you hate the colour? Than you can always just pick one of the others. Its not like I can't have Republic, Mandalorian, or Underworld characters because Adra tag is red.

Why isn't purple good enough? What's the deal? To quote Gruu, what hurt does the purple tag give to anybody?
w40k%20player.jpg
Posted Mar 21, 16
Page
of 3
NoticeNotices