Apr 19 '19
08:00 PM
HoloNet Feed
Drawing Board Feed
Latest Threads
Dulfy RSS
Donations
Container minimized. Expand
HoloTracker: Include (1) Character's In-Game Name, (2) Faction, and (3) Location
HoloTracker [1362]
You do not have access to chat.
Welcome to HoloTracker

Working...

Page
of 10

The journal of a Noble's son.

97 replies
Empire
Entry 67: Trial by fire.

When duty called this day it was for reasons i did not expect. I hesitate to call it "training" due to the circumstances, but it could be seen as such by some. A fire had erupted by unknown means in one of the forested regions of Ashas Ree, the flames were difficult to contain and had started to spread in the direction of some nearby Dominion outposts. Lord Zeru, a Dominion ally, was the first to get there in order to control the raging fires but to no avail, and as such he called in the aid of the Dominions Academy members. Myself and Dukat included. Things seemed relatively peaceful in the vicinity of our landing area, but the smoke in the distance was evident, as were the bright flames when we reached the affected area. Darth Exitus and Lord Zeru were there to brief us and assign us into groups. Naturally, Dukat ended up with me, and we were given the task of pacifying the flames in the southern flank.

It was by no means simple, but our particular fire atleast moved in predictable ways, and did not spread as wildly as some of the others. I had noticed that one of the other groups had managed to form a whirlwind with the force and drawn the flames into it, only to lose control of it. Luckily that matter was handled. While Dukat attempted to drain the oxygen away from the flames by use of the Force, i chose a more practical method, levitating nearby boulders and flat slabs of stone to put on top of the flames, choking them out. It worked to some degree, for the both of us, but did nothing to stop the spread in the surrounding flora and vegitation. Dukat had the good idea to rip off and otherwise remove burning leaves and branches from the surrounding plantlife to halt the spread, and as such i assisted him in doing so. Durinc the process i discussed with him, why he chose to accept the Overlords "gift" of letting him kill Tal'issa. According to him it was an easy choice to make, she was a danger to us all if freed and should be killed by that reason alone. Although true that Tal'issa would have been a threat in her current state, many conveniently forget that the Force can be used to manipulate the mind in many ways. Hers could have been remade, her old vicious and cruel self erased, and a new identity forged, it is by no means impossible and would have gained us a powerful ally indeed. And ultimately, would have allowed Tal'issa, or whoever she would have been under those circumstances, a chance to make amends.

Upon hearing this, Dukat agreed that the value of such would be great and that he would remember my wisdom. We shall see, i suppose. He took great pleasure in ending her life, a cruel death by lightning, if he can be taught to direct such malice at will however, and learn how to use it as a tool when needed instead of merely enjoying its effects during similiar scenarios he could become powerful indeed. Our fire was eventually quelled, and the spread stopped. Due to our cooperation with oneanother Dukat and i could complete our task early, and thus move to support the others sooner. When all was said and done and all the surrounding flames had been pacified, i told Dukat to look back upon this day, so he may always remember the power in Unity and in cooperation. He took my words to heart and said that he would reflect upon them.

With time and effort, he may well become a herald of my vision. Or the one to destroy it. Time will tell.
Attached Images
HbIlWOc.png
Posted Jul 29, 16 · OP
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Empire
Entry 68: Undue Inheritance.

I recieved grim tidings recently, my grandfather, who i have to thank for adopting father into our house, and giving me, indirectly, the ability to grow up in one of the most prestigious houses of Alderaan, had passed away in his sleep. Duke Renthril Thul was aged and weary, we expected that the day would come soon, but are we ever ready when it truly happens? I do not believe so. I recieved word from Lin'ari, whom i consider to be a sister of mine, in spirit, that she had spoken to my rather obnoxious uncle, Atrimos Baliss, sent to Imperial space at mothers behest to inform me of Grandfathers passing. I was glad to hear the bad news from Lin, rather than Uncle Atrimos himself, he would have likely not walked away without having insulted me, House Thul and my parts thrice over. I do not know how i would have reacted, had that been the case. At any rate, Lin told me that mother had sent Uncle to inform me of Duke Renthrils passing and that i was expected on Alderaan to discuss and prepare for matters of succession. Due to the Duchy of my grandfather being hereditary by law, it would pass down to my father, Navered. And when it does so, common Thul tradition would have father pass his old title of Count, down to me.

The atmosphere at our estate was anything but positive, but it was not nearly as negative as i thought it would have been. An uneasy balance between sorrow and the necessity of moving on, a harsh neutrality in almost everyone i encountered. Uncle was not there, of course, he had no reason to. Father had returned for this moment alone, to mourn his own fathers passing and to grant his old title to me, formally. It was strange, seeing him in his old Thul robe, it was like i had traveled back to the past, for a brief while. Duke Renthril did not live at our estate, rather residing in one of the outlying buildings of Castle Thul, working closely with the other Lords of the house. Most of the guards did not know him personally, but were part of the burial process, carrying the casket and lowering it down into the dirt, performing the usual military rites during such occurances. I stayed the night on Alderaan, so that i could attend the ceremony the following day. Mother had gathered quite a few nobles to witness my ascension to the title of Count. A peculiar feeling seeing so many, so soon after Grandfathers death.

Ramaanar, our old Mandalorian Guard captain, was there aswell. He retired from the position several months ago, but still lives on Alderaan along with those of his clan that took the protection contract that father gave all those years ago for the estate. He is technically a Knight of Alderaan, an honorary title given to him by my father, it does not mean much, but is a great honor to recieve. Though his clansmen joked about it, he himself respected the title, due to his friendship with father.
Even my old childhood friend, Alekad Thul, was there. Alekad is distantly related to Renthril, due to the House consisting of multiple family lines. We often jested about being cousins, but not quite. Of all the friends from Alderaan that i yet keep in touch with, he is probably the one that matters most. I have not seen him in years, when i asked him of his whereabouts before the ceremony had begun, said that he was away with the order of extermination to the northern hemisphere of Alderaan, to assist the houses and order members there in dealing with Killiks and their hives. I did not expect such of him, the Order is neutral as far as house politics go, and he was always very loyal to Thul. Seems like he has, in recent years, become more like myself, in that regard.

During the ceremony, the crowd gathered in lines that formed a square type shape, many nobles from an array of different houses, gray, light brown and scarlet robes, along with a few green and blue ones, in various shades. But also, in larger amounts, commoners from our lands. In front of them, a wide marble platform outside of the estate, in the grass fields. It was slightly elevated so those far in the back could see what was happening. Upon it, i kneeled before my father, and my mother, Ramaanar and Alekad, the honored guests, stood out on opposite sides of the platform to witness the event up close. To cheers and to applause, my father formally granted me the title of Count of House Thul, and the right to rule the estate, as he once did, and as mother has done in his name during his absense with the Revanites.

I issued several decrees that day, to make the ruling of my families lands as efficient as possible. I decreed that mother retain her administrative rights to the Estate, and that Ramaanar and Alekad become her advisors in matters pertaining to me personally, aswell as the safety of our family line. In addition to that, i decreed that Alekad, for his service and loyalty to House Thul, aswell as his unyielding will to keep Alderaan safe from the Killik threat, would become a Baron, and serve as my vassal. And lastly, towards the end of the day, before i took the ship back to Imperial space, the guards brought a man before me. He was a criminal, named Bahr, but had assisted the guards in a very sensitive matter, and as such, they asked me to judge him. As i am one to believe in redemption, i gave Bahr a second chance. And he now serves as my personal bodyguard, and pilot. Arrayed in the military uniform of House Thul, with some modifications. Some days after my ascension i had an order made for a set of armor, on my fathers behest to me. He had given me the rough first draft schematic for an armor, worthy of a Count of Thul, using the colors of the Thul military,, Red and Blue, rather than the traditional gray, with purple and scarlet detailing of the Thul nobility. I took the schematics to Tanja, an engineer, and friend of Enclave, to have it made.

And so, with this newfound authority back on the homeworld, i am in a unique position to forward not only the goals of the Sith order, the Empire, and the Dominion, but also, the goals of my house.
Attached Images
HbIlWOc.png
Posted Sep 20, 16 · OP
Empire
Entry 69: The Paragons Covenant.

This day, marks the day for a shift towards something grander, something worthy of the Empire. This has been a time of many odd happenings, all joining together into one great consequence for those involved. A story to remember, for when this journal is finally complete, and when my life ebbs ever closer towards the solemn peace of death, within the Force. One of my many allies outside of the Dominion, a Darth, named Trionis, called for my assistance in settling a conflict within Vaiken spacedock, a dispute between Sith and a Clan of Mandalorians. The situation was as follows, the Mandalorians had, in their somewhat drunken stupor, decided to mess with a pair of serving droids in the Vaiken cantina, causing quite a bit of noise and ruckus for the others present. A Lord and ally of mine, Lord Xindrynk, approached the clan of seven, and commanded them to stop. When they did not do so, insults were flung from both sides, threats aswell, until finally weapons were drawn. Trionis, unable to get the mandalorians to surrender, made the right choice in sending for me to solve it. Quite a crowd had gathered when i arrived, a pair of inquisitors passively standing by, doing nothing to solve the current predicament. I walk past them and the others, to approach the mandalorians directly, i ask them and Lord Xindrynk to explain to me the situation. The Mandalorians seemed far less aggressive towards me, than anyone else, one of them even going so far as to call me "reasonable", shortly after hearing this i asked them the simple question of why they were still having their weapons drawn. Seconds later, the mandalorian in charge of that particular group command the other six to lower weapons, which they did. The alternative, would have been a fully fledged firefight between Sith, imperial security, and the mandalorians. It would have risked potential property damage, negative relations with the new Mandalore and possibly other clans, unnecessary casualties and drawing security from other areas of the station, letting them stay exposed and open for manipulation or attack from other sources. Not only that, but it would have taken far longer to fight, than it took me to convince both sides to lay down arms and sheathe sabers. Those involved mutually agreed at my behest to not threaten eachother and simply stay out of eachothers ways. This resolution, was what got the Inquisitors furious. I had, in their mind, made the entire Sith order look weak, by not calling in security, their duty to begin with, to solve the situation, that i had not ended the conflict with combat, which is strictly prohibited on the Spacedock. A foolish thing to get caught up over, i subverted no ones authority, i only used my own since no one else did or managed to, Darths and Lords included.

They took this opportunity, to command me to follow, i had more than enough support around me to defy their command, but i chose not to, instead opting to follow along, see just how far Inquisitors were willing to go to enforce their will. I was taken to a small outpost on Dromund Kaas, a single chair in an otherwise empty room. They had been spying on me, one of the Inquisitors Agents had aided me on Alderaan when i had to return there to combat the Killik hives encroaching upon Thuls territories. During which, we found what seemed to be simple mercenaries, when they discovered me and my companions we were attacked on sight. They would not surrender and were killed in the fight. After which, i searched the satchel of one merc, only to find organa tokens. They were there on House Organas orders, or perhaps, were organa soldiers in disguise, it is not unknown of them to use such tactics. With this new information we alternated our course, to seek out more of the organa mercenaries, and we found plenty, most were struck down and killed by my companions before i could get in range. Eventually we reached their camp, and found something peculiar. I had originally believed that the organas sent these men to rile up the killiks in our lands and then leave them in an agitated state. But what we found in the camps computers was, disconcerting, to say the least. It would seem as if House Organa, or atleast some part of it, attempted to *domesticate* Killiks. According to the data acquired, at any rate. Killiks are sentient, and that means that Organa would attempt to enslave the bugs, highly unlike them, and ultimately a lost cause. House Ulgo tried something similiar during the usurper king Ulgos campaigns. And i remember how ravenous the killiks were during those times, which is why i decided we keep the data. However, the chiss agent wanted to transfer it to her superiors, i told her to hold on to it for the time being so that an informed choice could be made of how exactly to utilise it.

Back to the topic of the Inquisitors, they had the Agent testify against me, for "withholding valuable information from the Empire", data that i let *her* keep in the first place, and even discussed potential uses of it after the mission to Alderaan. Aswell as accusing me of intentionally sparing mercenaries in the battles that ensued. I did not bother to check the vitals of those i cut down, nor was it pertinent to do so at the time given the circumstances. But evidently, the inquisitors somehow learned that a few mercs survived. And apparently that is enough to accuse me of being a "republic sympathiser". I sympathise with the Alliance, not the Republic, the distinction should be made. Anyone willing to fight the Eternal Throne will remain my ally until further notice. Inquisitors enforce the peace treaty between the Empire, Republic and Zakuul however so that argument could not be made to get them off my back. Nor was there much point, it was obvious that they had decided my fate before i even stepped inside the chamber. Their last accusation was one of heresy, said that i had used the light side of the force to heal in public. This was during a time where my powers behaved erratically, due to a particular injury i suffered during a battle with spirits. Though i am not knowledgeable in the ability to heal, i did attempt to mend a cut on the palm of a friend of mine. I did not succeed, and the power i tapped into was not light, but according to the Inquisitors the Dark side could not be used to heal. At that point they simply became static noise to my ears, the Dark side can be used to mend wounds, it does not do so in the same manner as the light, evidently the act of healing itself is rare enough within the Sith order at large, and exploitable enough for the corrupt, for the inquisitors to use it against me despite my lack of knowledge in it.

All of these claims were based on misinformation and circumstances i could not have changed. It was evident that they had a grudge, surprisingly however they let me call for someone to speak in my stead. I chose Darth Trionis, and he shortly entered the chamber afterwards. He explained to them that they were mistaken in their actions, and that nothing they accused me of would peg me as any sort of traitor or heretic. They were blind to reason, and told him that they were likely to execute me. Realising their corruption, but having no legal right to intervene, he seemed conflicted for a time, i reassured him that i would be fine and he took my word for it. I am writing this right now, so luckily, Trionis did not turn me in to a liar. I had two choices at this time, escape through the glass window behind me, or listen to the demands of the inquisitors. Figuring that my status in the Empire should be enough to keep me alive, i decided to remain, and not fight. After all, i would be able to see their tricks and sorceries directly, they agreed to *merely* torture me and leave any drastic measures out. I will not describe the torture here, nor will i describe the immediate aftermath, i spent days away from the station, from Ashas Ree and from everyone else i knew, but i found solace in knowing that this would not matter in the long run. During my tenure of recovering from my wounds i investigated the lightsaber i used during the battles on Alderaan, my fathers, and found the flaw that made the blade weak. The crystal, it had been attuned to my father for so long that it simply did not connect to me, like it was "seeking" him out in the force. Had i used the lightsaber more often i would have known of this flaw, but i rarely ever did, i keep it for the sake of symbolism and little else. During my tinkering, i recieved news from home, Baron Alekad Thul, my childhood friend and most recent vassal, had sent Thul guards to salvage the equipment left behind by the Organa mercenaries in their camp and the woods, and found survivors. He took them prisoner, and questioned them, turns out that they had information vital to thwarting a large push against Castle Thul. A push that our house likely would not have seen coming with the stalemate in the war, and with those news any sort of legitimacy the Inquisitors had to their claims was null and void. The Organas were not spared and "saved", some managed to survive and were captured for the sake of information vital to my house. The information we gathered from their camp was not kept from the correct sources, it was merely used as an excuse to make me seem reluctant to assist in matters of state that i did not hand it over to Sith intelligence instantly with no care of the consequences of its use, or misuse. And i did not use the light side to heal a wound in public.

After some days of recovery though, i did return to Imperial space, i met with allies of mine, Darth Trionis, clad in his usual mechanically integrated suit of armor and cape, Darth Kelsoll, a rattataki Darth clad in white, Apprentice Varyc, son of an Acquaintance of mine, and Lord Ameraldia, a close friend, along with Lieutenant Ottoran, a Chiss male clad in red imperial formalwear, serving in Darth Trionis powerbase. We all spoke of what happened to me, and we all agreed: It had gone too far. There were Sith in the Empire that were corrupt, and that a show of strenght would be needed to prove to not only them, but ultimately the entire Empire, that Marrs ideals should live on, the infighting and corruption amongst our own order is the path of weakness when our enemies are literally lording over us, rejecting the Empire sovereignty, which they fought so hard to defend. An informal alliance was formed that day, a promise, to serve the Empire loyally and without error. To combat its enemies, its true enemies, with vigor and tact, to thwart Arcanns efforts. And lastly, to stand by eachother, as allies, in the coming days. My loyalty is to the Dominion and as such i would not be able to join a unified powerbase of theirs if they ever formed one, but i will assist this group, as they have assisted me now and in the past. And perhaps in time, as their influence grows stronger, i will be able to present them as allies of the Dominion. For now however they remain in the shadows to plan and gather their strenght for the coming conflicts. The Inquisition will not become a problem again, for me, for them, or for the Dominion. We would take the fight to the enemies of the Empire, the Alliance would be our allies, and together our forces would combine. When i spread the news across Alliance channels, many dedicated forces to the cause, and much would need to be done to coordinate them. We called ourselves the Paragons of the Empire.

And this promise, was our Paragons Covenant.
Attached Images
HbIlWOc.png
Posted Sep 20, 16 · OP · Last edited Nov 2, 16
Empire
Entry 70: Finishing what we started.

The Dominions crusade against Zakuul rages on, its most recent target was the world of Thakwaa, in the Zakuulan territories of space, a fringe world and bastion of Zakuulan activity in the region, much to the dismay of the native population. I have not managed to dedicate as much time as i would have wished to recent Dominion endeavours and fear that my duties as Emissary have absorbed my duties as a general member of the Dominion. I cannot change this overnight but i will make an attempt to slowly but surely involve myself more in the Dominions affairs. Through delegation i should be able to clear my schedule somewhat to make this work. The Inquisitors made a mistake in targeting me, and the ones responsible for my torture have been dealt with appropriately, and will no longer be a threat to my person or my station. Seems like their "branding" did little but support me in the long run, because ever since i have recieved quite a few allies, and better relations amongst allies i had already. They had superiors of course, and the brand remains amongst minor circles of the Empire, but it is ultimately insignificant.

And although i have been mostly uninvolved in the Dominions own crusade, i have had a personal one for some time now. I recently recruited a rather cheerful Mandalorian called Brad'al and a rattataki, named Euron, who was an experienced killer. Their services were offered by complete chance on Vaiken, due to the three of us conversing at the time. When i heard my datapad beeping i had recieved an alert from my contacts in the Alliance that a certain Exarch had been spotted, an Exarch they wished dealt with. When they asked what the message was about i alluded to being sent out to "deal with some business", to which Brad'al inquired if credits could be gained from it. I responded by saying that we could indeed get monetary profit of some sort by doing this, which seemed to please the man. Euron offered to take us both to a small residence on Nar Shaddaa to plan and prepare. The idea was simple, the Exarch was going to temporarily exit his star fortress that was in transit, currently in orbit over a mostly barren world. He would be down on the surface to supervise operations at a Zakuulan supply depot, i am unsure why he did not send someone in his place for this but we did not have the time to ponder. I sent word to the Alliance to send a squadron of starfighters to harass the Zakuulan forces in orbit to give us time to land. The three of us attempted a stealthy approach to the depot but the Skytrooper patrols noticed us and opened fire, when the alarm sounded a shield enveloped the base, and Brad'al, who had managed to remain unnoticed, headed towards the generator to deal with the shield. In the meantime Euron and i fought our way through the skytroopers that were pouring out of the depot. Brad'al managed to detonate explosives to wreck the generator completely, but was forced to head out and seek cover due to a Zakuulan starfighter firing upon him from above. The shield slowly dissapated, and when it did we found our comms system sliced, the Exarch, a man named "Prelim", was the one that spoke to us. He beckoned us forwards into the depot and deployed turret defenses to harass us as he personally joined the fray. The battle was long and arduous, both Euron and i suffered wounds and Prelim wouldn't let up, that is when the Alliance squadron above fired upon the exposed depot, collapsing a section of the roof down upon Prelim, crushing the man to death. A grim fate but ultimately he would have never surrendered. Before we left the system i looted the armory, finding one of Prelims sets of Exarch armor, i figured it would come in handy. We recovered Brad'al and returned to Vaiken spacedock, sending droid salvage crews to recover and sell the scrap of the depot, a decent profit and a job well done. And most importantly, two new allies made.

The next day my friend Andriel sent me a message to join her in her estate on Tatooine. When i arrived, a multitude of Mandalorians were gathered, standing ready around the residence. Andriel, aswell as two of her other friends, Lord Tharnus, a fair skinned and dark haired human. and Darth Vorskava, a lethan twilek adorned with tattoos typical for Sith of her kind, had devised a plan to destroy a large contingency of Zakuulan forces on the planet. During the briefing we went through the specifics and how we would all contribute, and that is when i had an idea. With sufficient time spent, i could have friends of mine forge records of Exarch Prelims survival, create a cover story for what happened during the aftermath yesterday, and as such i could use Prelims authority to misdirect the Zakuulan forces on Tatooine. Andriel was happy with this addition to the idea, seemingly, so i made sure that it was being worked on right away, sending messages off to slicers and forgers to get it done. The finalised plan was as follows: Andriel would have the clan of mandalorians barricade themselves inside the vast estate, making the place look abandoned at first inspection. I, masquerading as Prelim, would lure one part Zakuulan forces over to the estate to "garrison the abandoned outpost", as the other part of the army would moved ahead into the dunes. Lord Tharnus would in the meantime station his forces along the sands, keeping themselves covered until the Zakuulan forces were in range and far enough away from the main group approaching the estate. At this point the attack would begin, with Tharnus forces rising from the sands to ambush the Zakuulans out in the dunes. The Mandalorians would charge out of the estate to attack those already inside. Vorskava would support the Mandalorians, and Andriel herself would drop Tharnus down into the middle of the Zakuulan army from her ship, to cause further disarray, later joining the battle herself along with Vorskava. When i was ready to finish the task as Prelim, i would join the rest of our fighting force. The goal was to eradicate the army, consisting mostly of Skytroopers with a few Militarymen and two knights. If need be we would close around them and force the Zakuulans into the chamber where the power generators for the estate were located, and detonate them with the Zakuulans inside. Andriel was fully ready to lay waste to the Estate itself for the sake of destroying the Zakuulans. She is driven by vengeance for what Zakuul did to her children, and i am inclined to aid her in that purpose, Tharnus and Vorskava are aswell. When the Zakuulan army makes another pass around her estate, we will be ready for them.

Two days afterwards a situation arose in the cantina on Vaiken, also pertaining to Zakuul. a Young Zakuulan knight, newly recruited into their ranks, a woman named Setena, was the cause of quite a bit of trouble for herself aswell as the others present. She was stationed on Vaiken and patrolled the station during the day, and when she eventually headed down towards the cantina i realised that the rougher crowd would become an issue. Setena, with her authoritative attitude, managed to insult a Sith Lord, Darth Kurken, and drew saber on him due to him trying to press her for information. When she drew her lightsaber she was very quickly outmatched by the heavily armored human Darth, he attacked only due to her outburst in drawing saber against him. She feared for her life, that much was evident, but she also brought her situation upon herself by trying to use the Empire she serves as a shield to escape the consequences of her actions, to no avail. What ended up happening was that nearby Inquisitorial servants witnessed the deed and decided to turn it into an issue, sending a recording of the incident over to their superiors to punish the Darth, due to him injuring the Zakuulan knight. In the current political climate such an incident could be used as an excuse by Zakuulans, wether of high or low station, to commit further atrocities against the galaxy, so when Kurken became disinterested in staying i stepped in to deal with the situation. Gathered a bit of a crowd during it all, but they were mostly just curious as to what had happened. I called for Medical droids so that the Zakuulan woman could recover from her wounds, she was likely just one of Arcanns latest drones, she followed orders, i will not begrudge her that. When she realises that Arcann will punish her for her failure and public embarassment here on Vaiken, she will know to contact the Sith of the Empire, to serve. That is one of few choices if she wishes to survive after recovering in the medbay. This approach however split the ones watching it all happen into two groups, those of us that did not want further trouble, and help the woman, and those of us that wished the woman dead by virtue of her being Zakuulan. Enclave and i were not of like mind, in this. He did however agree to do it my way, and so the Zakuulan was retrieved safely by the droids, as they helped her along to the nearest medical facility.

To make up for Enclave not getting to vent his frustration of Zakuul, i took him on a trip to Darvannis with my ship. Our goal was similiar to the mission i had with Brad'al and Euron, find an Exarch that is overseeing operations briefly while planetside, and deal with him. The local Mandalorian clans were the ones that alerted me through alliance channels that the Exarch was on the world, and once Enclave and i landed on the surface we used the coordinates i recieved to locate him. We fought our way through a multitude of Skytroopers and other droids from Zakuuls war-machine, until we finally located the Exarch. The man was using his assault walker to attack nearby Mandalorians, his mistake was to not presume the mandalorians had the ordnance to bring his walker down. A stray rocket from a clansman blasted one of the walkers legs off, making the construct topple over, but the Exarch himself, Demarel, escaped the wreck. Enclave and i gave chase until we came upon a dead end in the settlement they had occupied. Exarch Demarel then dropped down from atop a nearby building and told us to surrender or perish, we did neither of those things. He was powerful however, much more so than Prelim was, with blinding speed the ornately armored Zakuulan struck at us both, even going so far as to incapacitate Enclave during the battle. I realised that it would end badly unless i somehow forced Demarel away. The battle between him and me dragged on for a while longer as i tried my best to get him further away from Enclave. Drawing upon the Force, i charged my lightsabers up with lightning, and after creating an opening in his defense i assaulted the Exarch with a swift flourish, cutting through the armor and shocking him when the blades made contact. This made him stagger back, he said that he tired of dealing with "Core-World Scum", and escaped the scene.

Enclave was unconscious but alive, i did what i could to help him by mending the most greavious wounds with a medpack. It stabilised him enough so that i could carry him to one of the Mandalorian-occupied buildings in the vicinity, where they could patch him up. It took some hours, and while i waited i recieved further reports of Demarels location from Alliance sources. Lucky for us, the bastard was still on Darvannis, evidently present at a Skytrooper recharging station. When Enclave limped out of the Mandalorians improvised medical outpost, we discussed what our next move would be, understandibly we were both wanting to deal with Demarel properly while we had the chance. We both concurred with the notion of using my ship in this endeavour. We made haste back to the ship and gained some altitude, flying far to the north to reach the station where Demarel was present. The anti aircraft guns were sluggish with their aim, and despite the size of the ship i managed to weave in between shots, to make a strafing run towards the station. Enclave manned one of the turrets as i commandeered the vessel and the main weapons. We had to fly quite far to get out of range but when we did, we flew around for one last strike. Demarel had our ship hailed on the communications system, uttering vain and meaningless threats towards us, firing the entire missile salvo at the already damaged outpost was quite satisfying. Suffice it to say that Zakuul messed with the wrong friend of mine, when Demarel incapacitated Enclave.

This week of anti-zakuulan activity culminated in a final battle of the Dominions conquest of Thakwaa, one that i was personally involved with. We boarded shuttles and headed straight down to the battlefield where throngs of Skytroopers awaited us. I remarked to Acolyte Tyraeus that it had been a good week indeed, a week the Zakuulans will likely be feeling for some time. Allies of the Dominion, Darth Voryn, who taught me the Jar’kai form, aswell as Knight Ahoyra, the zealous cultist Ro’siris daughter, were already there to lend support. Many of the Apprentices and Initiates had joined us in the battle, their first real one i’d reckon. The 45th found cover and began to rain down grenades and blasterfire upon the shoddily programmed droids, as the Sith of the Dominion Academy closed ranks to force the Skytroopers back. I joined the melee, alongside Acolyte Tyraeus and Jarran of the 45th, holding the line against the onslaught of mechanical foes. The Commandant of Dominion Intelligence, Tobii, was there aswell, he focused his efforts upon one of the Zakuulan knights that were leading the Skytrooper horde, as Darth Voryn and Knight Ahoyra tried to distract the bulk of the droids from engaging with us. We had to cut and blast our way through quite a few before we could get to the Knights, one of which i dueled with personally. The Zakuulans were outmatched, the majority of the Skytroopers fell and the Knights were dealt with. However, a third Knight entered the fray, or atleast, we think he was a knight. His power was vast and the armor he wore very ornamental, perhaps an Exarch aswell, or maybe something of higher station than that. The power he wielded was considerable and although we put a nice big dent in his armor and vitality he still managed to wound many, even going so far as to nearly kill Darth Exitus apprentice, Elchin, by crushing his lungs. When i saw what had happened i fell back to stand guard as the others continued the fight up front, Exitus did what she could to revitalise him with the Dark sides energies and luckily he survived. The battle was surrendered but the conquests rage on.

May it be so, that all worlds controlled by the Zakuulan invaders find freedom, for the Alliance.
Attached Images
HbIlWOc.png
Posted Sep 20, 16 · OP
Empire
I add this note to my journal to record the passing of a friend, and someone i could trust, a soldier of the Dominion and Azurayns partner, Ver'rick. In his anger he attacked Darth Exitus by throwing an ion grenade towards her due to a dispute, and her reaction was swift. I wish i could have been there to stop it all from happening, but wishing won't get us anywhere. I should have remained, done something, kept him alive. Had i known that the conversation we had during the training would be our last, i would have said something more appropriate. The mistake was mine.

Hopefully, Azu and Ver'rick can be together again, now. May the Force grant them both rest.
Attached Images
HbIlWOc.png
Posted Sep 20, 16 · OP
Empire
Entry 71: Cold Vengeance.

My duties to the Dominion took me back to Hoth recently, it is a world which holds memories of a more humble past, training with Lord Aricev to resist the cold and survive. I more recent times searching with Enclave for old acquaintances missing in action aswell as treasure. This was another search and rescue mission though, a squad of 45th soldiers were taken prisoner by an offshoot group of the White Maw pirates. Apparently, according to Sergeant Inghran, a zabrak mandalorian that has served with the 45th for a long time now, these men were taken after a recent raid. This mission of ours was meant to be both our opportunity of getting them back home, and retaliate harshly against these pirates in the process.

Our presence was expected though, upon reaching and helping oneanother to scale an icy cliff to reach the pirate camp we were greeted by a group of them, rifles primed. They were outnumbered and severely outmatched but bravely, or perhaps foolishly, decided to attack us nonetheless. Suffice it to say they did not last long. The last of the assailants was confronted by Lord Ax'zl, and interrogated on the spot, he reluctantly spilled the information we required, giving us the exact location of where the 45th Soldiers were kept, they had evidently been moved to a second camp and our arrival seemed likely to be expected there aswell.

Time was passing swiftly, and so we had to make haste, Lord Ax'zl left the Pirate for dead after paralysing him. I might have felt some manner of sympathy, if i had sensed anything redeemable in the Pirate to begin with, alas, i did not. We trudged through the snow and blizzards of Hoth and made our way over yet another icy cliff, encountering another group of them were waiting to attack as soon as we were in range. I commented openly to the ruffians that the situation was embarassing to say the least, since the last raiding party they sent was cut and shot down with ease. And embarrasing indeed, this group didn't last half as long as the first and that said quite a bit about our quarry. They refused surrender, which in the end was their last mistake.

Upon discovering the camp where the 45th soldiers were kept, we rushed too quickly into the situation, we had the height advantage, we could have waited and planned a proper approach, however i was too impulsive. I leapt down from the cliff face we were standing on and landed nimbly upon the snow beneath, the soldiers were cuffed and lined up in front of three pirates, presumably the ones in charge judging by their appearance. As soon as the bulk of our team had arrived, the Pirates executed our men, and this sparked anger amongst everyone present, i could sense as much. The battle became a bit of a haze to me, perhaps it was the cold, or perhaps i am simply forgetful, since this happened about a week ago, but we did vanquish them, and successfully avenged our fallen.

Although we failed in our mission to save our own, we made sure these pirates could never repeat the act again.
Attached Images
HbIlWOc.png
Posted Sep 20, 16 · OP · Last edited Sep 21, 16
Empire
Entry 72: A Show of Strenght.

I refuse to be further shackled by Sith with no understanding of the Empires current circumstances, i deny the authority of any who would call me a traitor and heretic, and this has gone on for long enough. There are those amongst us that are proper pawns to be used by the sect of individuals targeting me still, chained to ancient dogma and part of the very rot that destabilises the order that powerbases like the Dominion fight so hard to establish for the Empires sake. Those would rather cull the strong from the strongest and let the weak die off entirely, rather than do their duty as members of the Sith Empire, to grant power and knowledge to those beneath them and lead as Paragons of the Empire, through deeds and through example. The only thing these individuals has managed to do is make fools of themselves and of the Empire they claim to be so loyal to in public for all of the galaxy to see. One such example is when a Darth in the sphere of ancient knowledge, a pureblood woman, punished her apprentice, Cara Dhal, a friend of mine, in public for some minor annoyance or other. A large group of Mandalorians approached Cara afterwards to help however they could, said Mandalorians were led by Xorn Skirata, a level headed man indeed, i will see if he and his Clan are willing to cooperate in the future. They sure seemed agitated by Caras current masters actions, how ironic, that i have her to thank for improved relations between me and Xorns clansmen.

Cara was alive yet, but badly torched by lightning, when she could speak and stand i agreed to meet her somewhere within Kaas City to speak of her future. I originally met Cara on Dromund Kaas actually, when i was assisting Darth Trionis and Lord Ameraldia in a matter pertaining to the stability of the Empire, i remember the details well, and recording the event for others to read about is most likely just going to be met with skepticism and doubt, hence, i will omit it from my journal. I did my part for the Empire as a whole that day, that is all i will write. Caras former master however, a male Sith Lord, was targeting someone, the enemy of our enemy, and she was ordered to attack me, along with her fellow apprentices. Her master though was the first to charge at me, i merely jumped over him and plunged both of my lightsabers into his back upon landing, while the team i was with dealt with the rest of the apprentices, i spoke to the pair that i spared, Cara happened to be one of them. And in return for her life, she pledged herself to serve me, a pledge that i reluctantly accepted. It was either that or leave her to be killed by the others.

I reminisced about these events when i traveled to Kaas City and entered the Nexus Room cantina where she was located, We spoke about her past affilitiations to her master, her potential future in the Alliance and lastly, her new mentor, Darth Rhexa. I wish i had chosen to act differently in the following event though, Caras master had secretly had been listening in on our talk, and promptly appeared. Our interaction was brief and she pulled rank worse than any Sith i have encountered to date, naming me an inferior and citing the supposed brand that still lies upon me. She used the force to crush Cara, and carried her away. I should have done more to defend her, consequences be damned. But, she did survive, i found this out after the fact. At the time though, a show of strenght was required. I was not going to be targeted directly or indirectly again without resistance, i broadcasted a message publically to the rest of the Dominion, and this led to one of our largest public appearances to date. The Dominions finest were gathered in Vaiken Spacedock to show support, and to establish that we are here to remain. Some dismiss the Dominion as a mere rumor, others see it as too small or insignificant to matter much in galactic politics, and the ignorant call it a gathering of imperial traitors and heretics, basing it off of the name and power structure alone with little else to back their accusations up. All such perceptions are false, for we are the Empires foremost bastion on the front against Zakuul, our greatest adversary yet. We are the ones that draw the line, we are the ones that lead the way, and the ones to clear it of the enemies of the Empire. We are in the right, the Empress supports the Alliance and thus our efforts against the Eternal Throne. Rankens old forces can confirm it even if Ranken herself cannot.

And today we have drawn the line, and lead the way forwards, to clear our path of the Empires enemies.
Attached Images
HbIlWOc.png
Posted Sep 20, 16 · OP
Empire
Entry 73: A Growing House.

Alderaan is a very peculiar world to many, the Nobility and its many extravances are a topic of much interest to businessmen, politicians and civilians alike, for in a way we embody all three of those categories. And to be born into such a category was extremely fortunate, for myself, had i been born anywhere else i likely wouldn't have been the same person i am now. I have procured the use of many outposts, the old resistance base over Cademimu that i have written about before, the Embassy which the Revanites and Father left in my care, and now the Research Garrison on Taral V.(Far away from the Old Academy of the Dominion, just in case.) However, none of these places are truly "home" like our Estate on Alderaan is. It is there where i grew up, learned fencing and swordplay, how to hunt, when to be respectful and when to make a stand. I carry Alderaan and its customs with me, wherever i go, the customs of House Thul especially, Honor, Order, Chivalry. It is something that some of the Lords have forgotten since Thul returned from exile, and indeed, something that earned Thul its exile in the first place, due to the absense of these traits.

These are virtues and traits that i wish to become the cornerstones of my rulership, my fief may be minor in comparison to some, and the lands of my family negligble in size when compared to the lands of other counts. However, not once have the commoners been in disarray, not once have we had to deal with bad harvest from the farming plots along the borders of our grounds and not once have we shirked our duties to the house. And it is past time that the Vaner line is expanded with worthy individuals, my siblings in spirit.

Since i started writing this Entry, i have adopted two close friends into the house, one a brother, the other a sister. I may now proudly call Enclave my brother, and Lord Ameraldia my sister. They were adopted differently, Enclave and i dealt with a mission posted from one of Thuls most prominent lords. A mission that led us to an old Panteeran fortress, which the Ulgos had returned to in order to fortify for their own purposes. Seeing House Ulgo still taking an interest in their old conquests is curious and worth investigating. We found out that atleast a small portion of House Ulgo had retaken the mostly ruined fortress, on behalf, or in tandem with, a Cult that has come to my attention. The Disciples of Ragnos, and a smaller sect seemingly part of the disciples, the Remnants of Tython. Enclave had unknowingly worked with the leader of the Disciples, Dessan Orda, and delivered old Sith relics to him. In hindsight likely for the cults benefit. This information spurred a large investigation, the details of which i will omit from my journal. The aftermath of our mission, was that Enclave recieved the reward he was promised and then some, but the Lord that posted the mission gave me the right to ask for a reward. I pondered, and could find no better honor to ask for, but to make Enclave my brother, adopt him into House Thul and the Vaneran lineage, and grant him the title "Knight of Alderaan". The Lord graciously accepted my request and lawfully inducted my new brother into the fold. This, was a powerful moment indeed.

Ameraldia however, i adopted much later. This entry is segmented as i have had scarce amounts of time to write and finalize entries. As such i will state for future reference that she was adopted shortly after my "absense", which i will detail in a future entry. Ameraldia Renevier is already a noble and a Sith. Last known member of the Rist family line of Renevier. She is part of the Paragons Covenant, and has assisted me many times in my endeavours. When she one day left for a month of meditations, she sent a single message on the day of her departure, requesting that she become more than just by sister in spirit, but a sister by law, and a member of House Thul. A request i was not about to reject. Upon her return, i sent a message to her to meet me and Enclave at Castle Thul, so i may adopt her formally into the House as per the traditional customs. Since she was Noble already, and requested this on her own, there was little need to request permission of the other nobles. I held the traditional speech and asked her a series of questions to see if she was truly ready. Wether she would serve Thul loyally, wether she would take Vaner as her surname, or as an additon to her surname, and so on. It was all rather rehearsed as it was the first ceremonial matter i have dealt with in this capacity, i was glad to do it though, and my house is now strenghtened by my siblings.

But our fortunes have not ended there, some time during the massive gathering of Dominion forces upon Vaiken Spacedock, an interesting turn of events came about. A man named Xilrom, a seasoned Baron and commander of a Thul regiment, approached me as i stood by the railings overlooking the cantina. His wish was simple, serve the new Count as a Baron, as he did for my father, before father became a Duke. And as Xilrom spoke, an old friend of mine, and of Enclave, a Chiss man named Exitium, joined in the conversation. He offered his services, a man to "carry the banner", as he put it. I accepted both of their offers of allegiance, i would be a fool not to. Alekad and Xilrom will no doubt get along well, and Exitium will have his work cut out for him, as i am planning on sending him to eliminate Zakuulan targets. His expertise as a former soldier and current mercenary is going to be useful indeed, and a benefit to the House.

If Grandfather Renthril could see how much progress has been made in such short a time, he would be a proud Duke indeed.
Attached Images
HbIlWOc.png
Posted Sep 20, 16 · OP
Empire
Entry 74: Matters Unresolved.

After having reviewed the many entries i have written so far, and reminisced about many fond memories, aswell as some less fond ones, i have noticed that there are some loose threads that need to be sorted out, and new events mentioned. It is for this purpose that i dedicate this entry to explaining events that have been dealt with a long time ago, with or without my personal input. Many of these involve the Dominion in some way or another, and it is best that my own journal reflects the state of the Dominion properly.

The first loose thread, House Rist and its Assassins, which i lamented much within the first and second entries, aswell as some other ones during my apprenticeship. What was once a grave threat to my person is now a triviality, as the Dominion is allied to atleast parts of the House. I doubt that the Ulgos would allow House Rist, their vassal, to officially support an Imperial Powerbase, but it does not stop more enterprising lords within the House of Assassins to try. I sent a message to the Rist, purely political, that attacking me would not be a good idea. I had the courtesy of checking wether or not this particular bastion of House Rist was in any way aligned to the Dominion, and fortunately it was not, for Helanya and i carried out an operation at a Rist Fortress which ended up in one of the iconic Rist spires, such as the ones outside of the Rist Palace, to be blown up. We fought our way through an assortment of Assassins guarding the location and dealt with them swiftly, and with minimal effort. I do believe it was even reported upon by the Imperial News Network, a quaint memory, and the the Dominions allies within the House did not seem to mind too much. It cannot be considered anything less than a victory, no matter how long ago this was.

Within the twelfth entry lies the second matter that needs resolution, the fate of Lord Delahia, or perhaps, i should say Darth Asla. For that is the title she held briefly before she perished rather recently. Indeed, the female Zabrak lord did not fall during my apprenticeship, the council at the time decided that her punishment was to be Force-Bound to one of her friends in the Dominion, the Lore-Keeper Renika. It is to my understanding that Darth Asla fell in battle, but the circumstances of which are uncertain to me, her apprentice Tyraeus had a hand in it, a scuffle occurred and i hear that Darth Exitus was the one to end the fresh Darth permanently. Lord Aricev, when i met him, mentioned that he was surprised she had survived as long as she had. And indeed, seeing Darth Asla live for as long as she has given the circumstances was very impressive.

Which brings me to the fact that Darth Asla had been alive for so long, her bond to the Lorekeeper, a punishment likely leveled at her by Darth Suthre, who served as Magistrate at the time. Lord Renika, or rather, Darth Ceimira as she is now called, is a member of the Dominion missing in action, but not gone. It is my hope that she will return soon, so that the Dominion may once again benefit from her teachings and dedication to the betterment of the Academy Students.

The last matter pertaining to Darth Asla, her apprentice Xapher, also briefly mentioned in the twelth entry. This is a curious event, for i did meet Xapher in person some time ago, he seemed to still be an apprentice, but to one "Darth Immanitas." if memory serves correctly, or perhaps he merely served in the Darths powerbase, it was somesuch arrangement. It was a bit of a stale conversation admittedly, since he was among acquaintances of mine, but i did not mind his presence as much as i imagined i would. He claimed to have left the Dominion willingly, but i am unsure of the validity of that statement. Ultimately it matters little to me.

In the twentyseventh entry i explain how the then-adept Arkaela had a wish to sever her connection to the Force, due to how it would bring shame to her lineage due to Chiss traditions, and how she never wanted the gift of Force sensitivity in the first place. Well, turns out that if she *did* take my offer of visiting the family archive, it must not have helped, and been without my knowledge, which i find doubtful. I say this, for the simple reason that Arkaela is now the Vice-Commandant of Dominion Intelligence, leading side by side with the Commandant, Tobii, my old friend whom i met early during my days as an Acolyte back when he was a simple agent. She covers every bit of skin with robes and last i saw her, she wore a bronzed mask to conceal her face, not uncommon of Sith, she must have embraced what she was, and i applaud this decision. We may never be more than we are, we may only ever enhance what defines us.

Also, in the twentyseventh entry, i make two mentions of fellow apprentices, Andrik, and Militius. Andrik became a Lord, but was evidently lost in action, according to our records. Again, i am unaware of the specifics, i know only that he remains a part of the Dominion no longer. Wether he was lost in battle, left on his own volition, or perished under mysterious circumstances remains to be seen. But i doubt that he will ever appear again. Though, i have been wrong in the past.

As for Militius, no one seems to be aware of his whereabouts. One day he was there in the academy when we were both apprentices, training as he usually did. And the other, he wasn't, simply gone. Strange indeed, and unexpected. I had fully thought that he and i would see eachother become rival lords, but fortune would have it differently, it seems.

In the following entry, the twentyeighth, i speak of the "Pink Crusader"(Why he chose this persona, i hope i will forever remain unaware of), the madman known as Pinko Penguino. This force sensitive murderer met his demise at the hand of the Dominion, as it worked to dismantle his operations and the operations of his associates. I regret not being the one to land the killing blow for what he did to the agents under my command during that trial, but justice was served, that is what matters.

The last line of the thirtieth entry, "It was my uncles credits i was spending." Well, i could say a lot about Uncle Atrimos of House Baliss. But i won't, mostly due to never liking the man, he has had a grudge against me and my parents for a long time, why he would dislike his own sister for marrying a Thul, the House that Baliss are vassals to, is beyound me. As such, he can do without a few credits here and there, not that he pays much attention to the exact amount he has available. If he does get suspicious, i have an arrangement with his treasurer, let's just say that we have reached an accord in case my dodgy Uncle decides to investigate where his drinking funds disappeared to.

In the thirtyfourth and thirtyeighth entries, i write about my diplomatic struggles, which ended up in successfully providing the Dominion with allies it may call upon in its time of need. Ro'siris and Commander Barrix. These two individuals are people that i have not met since those days, but i have remained in contact from time to time. Barrix and his men have found success in progressing the Alliance efforts on Belsavis, although they have to take great precautions to not be noticed by the Chancellor, according to the Commander himself. He is a Contact, and as far as Contacts go he is one of the better ones to know. As for Ro'siris and his cult, they remain upon their world, hidden and living peacefully in their solitude, for now. With some luck they might not have to fight on behalf of the Alliance, but i believe that to be mostly wishful thinking.

Sometime after the fiftyeighth entry, the exact location of the Dominions headquarter becomes a bit unclear, i will clarify, that when the Taral V Academy was destroyed, the Dominions Lords retreated to their own personal strongholds and brought their apprentices with them, while the 45th and Intelligence division stuck to their outposts scattered around the galaxy, aswell as in other places upon Taral V. When the time came however, a large push was made to retake the world of Ashas Ree for the Dominion, its original home, before it was invaded by the Zakuulans. I was not present during this operation, but it was more than just a symbolic victory, it was progress, and a statement to all that the Dominion isn't going anywhere. Eternal Throne be damned.

Lynerea, my first official apprentice, has not yet returned and remains out of sight. I can only hope that she is yet alive, i will however say that i have yet to feel her perish through the Force, she is out there somewhere, and i have full trust in her abilities. Dukat has also become very absent, perhaps matters upon his homeworld call to him, though it is not good that he avoids training at this stage. There is an explanation for everything, time will tell of their fates.

The plan detailed to me by Andriel, that i wrote about in the seventieth entry, has not yet come to pass. The Zakuulan army on the ground seems to have diverted their attention away for now, and as such we must postphone our efforts. Andriel assures me though, that they will attack eventually, and when they do, i will be there to lend aid.

Turning the pages back to the fiftysecond entry, i read about the whole debacle with Expletus, or rather, the clone of Expletus. Turns out that he, the real Darth Expletus, had a clone made of himself, which he shared his memories with, trained and strenghtened through ritual, under the guise of another. The point? To make the clone strong enough to rival his own current power, and to transfer his essence to the new body, when he had the power to do so. The Clone however went mad in the process, likely due to the flawed cloning process and extended exposure to Force energies. It seemingly managed to best Expletus, and killed most of his family after trapping him in the very stasis cell the clone itself was contained in. My sister Lin'ari and i, along with Darth Innovatus, put a bounty on the rogue clones head, and miraculously, one lone hunter managed to take the clone in. I came to the conclusion that the clone, with its flawed and enigmatic logic, decided to give up willingly, for it had the power to rival even members of the Dominions council, i doubt the hunter would stand a chance if the clone actually decided to go for the kill. The clone was delivered to me as a carbonite block, and with that one out of the way, the search for the real Expletus began. After a long search i found a trace, Expletus son, an Imperial Guard named Krannig, who used to be part of the Old Guard under Vitiates reign. He supported our efforts by revealing the location of a single outpost that was presumed destroyed many years ago, and when Krannig, Lin and i arrived on site, we could see the stasis cell with Expletus within clearly. I will not detail too much of what happened, or what was spoken of afterwards, suffice it to say that we managed to save my fathers old friend. Now we just have to hope he and Lin do not come to blows, for she mistrusts him greatly due to the deeds his clone committed, nearly killing me on Manaan.

I have also written about allies, Of the Black Guard and the Chiss Vassal house of Shol. The Black guard was fragmented after an internal struggle, and those that followed Opehlia, my first true Diplomatic contact, reformed into the House of Addaire. Darth Malore was the head of House Addaire, and Opehlias superior, however, something happened in the interim, Darth Malore targeted his own wife, Darth Jevu Talis, for reasons unknown to me. The result was surprising, as the skillful Lady Jevu managed to swipe Malores powerbase out from under him, casting him out and reforming the house once again, now branding her powerbase as the "Talis Initiative." House Shol deal with diplomacy and Ascendancy relations with the Empire just as they always have been, and i remain on very good terms with the family of the House Aristocra. I was even invited to the wedding of the Aristocras niece, an honor, for any human, to be invited into Ascendancy space.

As we come near the end of the venerable pile of loose ends, in the fiftyseventh entry i briefly detail the encounter the Dominion had with the force user calling himself "Wrath." It has come to my attention that the Admiral has managed to deal with the matter adequately, and further involvement from myself was unneeded, it is good to know that the 45th Shock Trooper Regiment remains at its best despite setbacks.

Some new events that should be documented though, in addition to all the old matters. It is to my great dismay that i must add another old ally to the list of the lost. Darth Voryn fell in combat during the Dominions recent campaign on the planet Lok. We of the Dominion could only stand and watch as it happened, but the retaliation was fierce, and Voryn was avenged in the end. He has taught me much indeed, and was a true Paragon of the Empire. It will be forever weakened through his loss.

And finally, a glaring omission that must be corrected, the whereabouts of my Hounds, Canderous and Hask. I have not written any entries regarding the two of them in quite some time, but they are indeed still around, and i hunt with them as often as i am able in between my duties to the Empire and the Dominion. They mostly stay with Kaz and his brothers back at the Cademimu outpost, being tended to when they cannot come with me for whatever reason. Admittedly i am a bit protective of them, it is the only reason why i do not have them with me at all times. And since i tamed Hask on Taris, i have added another member to my menagerie of animal companions. Young Ishti, a flutterplume captured fpr me by a hunter. I used the old technique taught to me by Lord Renika and tamed the critter, now whenever i hunt with the Hounds i have an extra pair of eyes in the sky to locate potential prey. A very useful trait in the recent hunt we had on Tatooine, found the largest Reek i have seen to date. Fine trophies were earned that day.

I do believe that is all, for this entry. When i eventually succumb to old age, this entry will no doubt be a good reminder of the details, that might become lost to time eventually.
Attached Images
HbIlWOc.png
Posted Sep 20, 16 · OP
Empire
Entry 75: Nah'ti.

It feels like such a long time ago that i had anything close to this, it is both a bit of a relief and something that concerns me. One day in the cantina of Vaiken Spacedock, where most of my networking happens, i met a certain Chiss. An agent, is what she said that she was, although she was not in uniform at the time. What began as a few remarks here and there turned into a long conversation, and in turn, familiarity. Nah'ti is how she wanted to be addressed. We met some time before the Inquisitorial debacle occurred, but became properly acquainted before the incident with Cara Dhal and her master on Dromund Kaas, she would have been useful to have around before this all started of course, but i am glad that i met her when i did. As so often happens to be the case, i made a good impression, and she offered to be my bodyguard, to keep me safe and keep an ear out for things that could be useful for me to know. That was the beginning of what would become a lasting friendship, and perhaps, something more.

Because, after a time we began to explore our thoughts of oneanother, and concluded that we felt something for eachother. We grew closer, met informally more often. And then, on Alderaan, we had the conversation that i was almost dreading to have. She loved me, and i loved her, even though i never truly admitted to it or said it in return. But i knew that i couldn't commit like i had tried to with Morvixia. I would fail, again, it was only a matter of time. When i told her this she was naturally confused of course but somehow, and for whatever reason, she decided to remain, even though we would not be a couple. A peculiar arrangement, she knew that i was seeing others, i told her as much, and although phased by it, she stayed. I wish better for her than myself, but i will not turn her away, she has to do so herself if she wishes to. An interesting development in all of this occurred when she first met the Dominion by coincidence on Balmorra. She asked me one day, due to me being well connected, if i knew anything about them. Nah'ti was aware that i served the powerbase of Darth Suthre, but not that this powerbase, was synonymous with the Shadow Dominion. We discussed the Dominion, and some days after she announced to me that she had spoken with Tobii, or rather, Commandant Scarecrow, as he is formally addressed. Nah'ti was recruited into Dominion Intelligence, a fact both beneficial and detrimental to our peculiar friendship. One the one hand, she would be on the same course as myself, face the same enemies, fight for the same cause, for the Empires benefit. But on the other hand, Nah'ti and i would need to keep such relations a secret, due to the nature of such things within the Dominions ranks.

Ultimately though, wether this is true affection between us or not, i am glad to have her along.
Attached Images
HbIlWOc.png
Posted Oct 18, 16 · OP
Page
of 10
NoticeNotices