Star Forge
HoloNet Feed
Drawing Board Feed
Latest Threads
Dulfy RSS
Donations
Container minimized. Expand
HoloTracker: Include (1) Character's In-Game Name, (2) Faction, and (3) Location
HoloTracker [1410]
You do not have access to chat.
Welcome to HoloTracker

Working...

Page
of 10

The journal of a Noble's son.

97 replies
Empire
Entry 10: My one weakness.

The matter of weakness, is one that most Sith do not seem to want to converse about, it is something shameful, something one should never bring to light. I can understand this notion to an extent, but what many aspiring Sith seem to forget is that, if you are to become strong, you must first be weak, otherwise, training in the academy would be a waste of ones time.

And whilst writing about the subject of time, i was reminded of a conversation i had with the Lords Aricev, my master, and Delahia, about what knowledge one should focus on learning. My master was of the standpoint that all knowledge is not crucial to ones learning process, while Lord Delahia was a staunch opponent of this notion, and felt that it was necessary to know as much as possible, knowledge was, as far as i could interpret from her words, a defining trait of ones character. I learned that day from lord Delahia the importance of knowledge, for if a Sith cannot know the world around him and the people around him as well as he knows himself, he will always and forever be at a disadvantage. The conversation lasted a long time, and when it became time to depart, i revealed to my Master the details of my erratic behavior on Korriban some time prior to our conversation with Delahia. I told him everything about my Father, and the events that transpired in the Korriban academy. And thankfully, he would look in to the matter of my fathers crimes, i can finally be slightly at ease knowing that i have a Sith Lord dealing with the matter, and that i do not need to keep this a secret from him any longer.

The next day continued on the trend of sudden revelations, Me and my Lord Aricev met by the statue of the Late Darth Marr, as we so often do, and within the first few minutes of conversation, he brought up the matter of "Anger".
I did say, that he would eventually find my weakness, my lack of anger. It is a byproduct brought on by my noble upbringing, and it would turn me into a weaker Sith,and since the dark side thrives off of emotion and instinct this flaw in my personality would have to be mended, i was to learn how to draw out my anger, and focus upon the emotion it brings about in order to turn me into a potent and vicious combatant.

When we arrived at the training room in his home, he bade me to attack him when i felt ready. I did at first not know the purpose of this, he did not equip his lightsaber, no, he merely raised his fists towards me to defend against my strikes. The purpose became clear as i began to attack. He would strike at me not with a lightsaber or the Force, but with words, and his words brought out a side of me that i have never known before. As i continued to attack him, my attacks became more ferocious, i managed to keep myself focused despite my frustrations, but when my strikes connected the impacts were significant. A missed attack became yet another frustration, perhaps very much intended, as he surely must have let me hit him successfully atleast a few times, only deciding to block when he wanted me to become even more engulfed with rage. I could feel the power pulsating through my veins and my blade, one of my strikes managed to knock him back, and the last one even ripped open a part of his cybernetic arm, turning it limp. I walked away from the lesson with new insight about not only the Dark Side, but i now knew more about myself, and after thinking for a while i finally knew what brought about my anger.

My fear of failing those i aspire to become.
Attached Images
HbIlWOc.png
Posted Mar 12, 16 · OP
Empire
Entry 11: A Rival?

I had just returned to my home when i heard Lord Aricevs voice in the training room, as i proceeded towards the room i could see Canderous "standing guard" in the hallway, he seemed to enjoy it here, but i had not yet explicitly asked Lord Vhexra if she was fine with his presence, Lord Aricev bade me several weeks ago to be be wary of her, she had a habit of destroying my Masters Droids. And he was afraid that my Akk Dog would meet the same fate if he got in the way. This was the day when i met my fellow apprentice Militius, a very brusque man with a hardened physique. He was there to learn the fundamentals of the Makashi fighting form, whereas his first lesson was a lesson in defense and footwork, to get used to the stance he would be using. It fell to me to be the attacker, to keep the pressure on him, and through training him, i could also train myself at attacking a moving target. I feel as if i did him a favor in a way, had i not arrived when i did, it would be our Master that would be beating down on him.

The training session was as you would expect it to be, as i met no resistance i could continue with more and more powerful strikes, his defense was decent for being essentially crippled, when it comes to his stance. His inexperience with the form was telling, but he performed admirably for the amount of experience he did have. I held back on him, advancing in full force when he could barely stand correctly would be counter-productive. It was obvious that he wanted to attack me however, as he had tried to retaliate atleast once to my attack, but ceased his own advance just inches before his blade would have connected, i couldn't help but feel a bit proud of my fellow apprentice in that moment. However, what was once a training exercise turned into a sparring match between two equals when our Master Aricev gave him permission to attack. His initial thrusting attack towards my chest was aggressive, and i made no effort to move out of the way, the force of the impact knocked me back, but only succeeded in breaking down the minimal armor my robes had provided. In retaliation i held my hand out towards him, choking him. In hindsight i perhaps shouldn't have done that, he was visibly furious because of it, but Lord Aricev did not voice any displeasure of the action after the duel. The duel continued for a time with no clear winner having emerged until lord Aricev put a stop to it, he was pleased with both of us, and spoke of the details of our next assignment.

He commanded us to study the creatures and wildlife of Taral V, in preparation of a survival mission in the Taral V jungle, where we would work together as apprentices to vanquish our bestial challengers. He also bade us to get to know eachother better, so that we could tolerate oneanother enough to cooperate. Militius, being the brusque man that he was, disliked the fact that he needed to study, and he seemed to despise the fact that he needed to tolerate my presence, he left quite quickly after Master Aricev had concluded the session. As i told our Master, Militius was a tricky one. After having finished our session, i met Vhexra, and she was compassionate enough to give me permission to keep Canderous here, this was good to hear, because i would now no longer need to fear for his safety.

Militius and i met once more in the dorms of the Taral V academy as i was conversing with Acolyte Spectrine, Darth Suthres Apprentice. He still did not like me, in fact, he outright threatened me, but his threats were basic at best, horribly hollow at worst. The matter of Lord Delahia and her apprentice was made apparent after this little chat i had with Lord Vhexra, as the content of the next entry are sure to explain the matter in greater detail.

The conversation i had with Spectrine may have lasted longer had this whole ordeal with Lord Delahia not transpired.
Attached Images
Attached Images
HbIlWOc.png
Posted Mar 12, 16 · OP
Empire
Entry 12: Betrayal.

I would have wished to write more of this, but my studies are keeping me quite busy, this was probably the most interesting day in the Shadow Dominion yet.

It was only a matter of time before this happened, before i would witness a Sith betrayal before my own eyes, and so it was that today became the day that Lord Delahia and her Apprentice were apprehended for crimes against the academy. This entire situation could have been avoided had her apprentice, the former dark jedi Xapher, not mucked it up. From what i could percieve, the pair had devised a scheme by using a set of HK-51 droid schematics to manufacture HK-51 units with the added set of skills, that would make them highly effective in taking down Sith. Manufacturing droids to kill Sith, in a Dominion led by the Sith, is a very bold move, even for a Lord as knowledgeable as Delahia.

Her apprentice would blame himself for the act, knowing full well that the ramifications of the scheme would affect not only him, but his master aswell. It is almost ironic, the droid itself revealed this detail to begin with, at Lord Aricevs and Lord Vhexras Facility. Even Darth Cruxx of the Dominion Council would enter the facility to first have Apprentice Xapher arrested, with the help of a Lieutenant from the 45th Military Division. Xapher was incarcerated in a nearby cave, put behind a ray shielded cage, and any attempt of releasing him would be met with swift judgement. The following events happened while i was still unaware of Xaphers location, appearantly, Lord Delahia wished to talk with her Apprentice, but this caught the attention of the other Lords of the Academy, when i arrived, they had Delahia surrounded, a battle broke out between the newly freed Xapher and Delahia, and the rest of the Lords of the Academy. Many initiates and acolytes had come to watch the spectacle, but i chose to depart the crowd early, knowing that the fate of the betrayers was all but assured, wether they survived or not was of no consequence to me.

They Chose their fate before this day had even begun.
Attached Images
HbIlWOc.png
Posted Mar 12, 16 · OP
Empire
Entry 13: Jar'kai

My responsibility to learn seems to be neverending, it seems as if almost every hour of every day is consumed by meditation, study of random subjects aswell as training sessions where i can learn of Force abilities and Fighting techniques. But i needed some semblance of a goal, something to strive for, to put those hours of menial training to better use. And so, i Went to the archives to find something a bit more, unorthodox, to learn. And within a few minutes, i had found a simple holovid showing some different lightsaber fighting styles in action, and on the last entry, the Prodigal Knight, Revan, was shown. it was footage from the time of the Revanite uprising, and he could be seen using one lightsaber in each hand, striking with both in perfect unison. My memories of the old text we had of Revans Writings back home on Alderaan said nothing on his simultaneous use of two lightsabers in combat, and the idea of Walking in the Prodigal Knights footsteps was too good for me to pass up.

I told my master that i wished to learn more of this "Jar'kai" stance, and my wish was granted swiftly, a meeting had been arranged by Darth Suthre so that i would have the priviliege to train under one of my masters old mentors, Darth Voryn. A powerful and crafty Kel'dor. Upon arriving i would see a woman standing amongst them, Rhyylynn, she held the rank of crusader and was the apprentice of Darth Cruxx, the battlemaster of the Dominion. We had met and spoken with oneanother before, she was descended from Alderaanian nobility aswell, and her combat prowess was impressive to say the least. She seemed easily agitated however, and her confidence was to her detriment at times, atleast when it came to building mutual respect with others. She was there to learn the technique too, and as such we were to work together to learn the fundamentals of Jar'kai, by dueling Darth Voryn until he saw that we were ready. I was handed a second blade by the observing Lord Renika, and swiftly afterwards the battle had begun.

His skills were considerable, he could easily keep up with the both of us if he wanted to of course, but even when holding back he was a masterful opponent, parrying and countering many of our advances. But as we fought, i could feel something change, as if something that used to weigh me down was gone, i could exploit his weakened state when Rhyylynn was distracting him, i saw openings in his defence when i otherwise would not have, after a time it felt like we could have actually won. But the battle was ended earlier than expected, Voryn was a honourable fellow, and saluted us with his weapons, we had learned enough. My master was happy with my progress, very happy in fact, impressing Voryn was appearantly not an easy feat.

Impressing Rhyylynn however, would take just a bit longer, due to unforeseen consequences.
Attached Images
HbIlWOc.png
Posted Mar 12, 16 · OP
Empire
Entry 14: Angered Kinswoman, Blue Chiss Woman.

It was on the same day of training the Jar'kai form that i accidentally angered my fellow Alderaanian Noble Rhyylynn by not acknowledging her rank, which to an extent was true. I however, feel as if respect has to be earned and to be truthful, i had respect for little more than her combat prowess at the time. It was however not my place to voice my personal opinion on the matter publically, and as such i kept my opinion to myself. This event stemmed from a chance meeting with a Chiss Woman standing by the holocron altars close to the arena. She was, despite the stories i have heard of how the Chiss do not typically feel the force like the rest of us do, an initiate of the dark side. It looked as if she was attempting to activate one of the nearby holocrons, but stopped as i approached. She was young, very young, nervous too. Like she was outside of her natural element, so to speak. I have read that Chiss rarely leave their territories, she must have either gotten here recently, or she was born in known space.

We spoke for a time, she was a recent transfer to the Academy from intelligence, an interesting individual to be sure, not a lot of confidence for her Force abilities though. And before i knew it, we were joined by two others. Crusader Rhyylynn and Acolyte Noviran turned up in the area, Novi stayed silent for the most part, but Rhyylynn?

Rhyylynn would have none of it. Due to me not acknowledging her rank upon her arrival ( i did give her a nod, appearantly that is not enough ) she made the claim that i had no respect for her hard work and thus she would bring this up with my master. Arkaela and Rhyylynn got into a bit of a conflict aswell, and Rhyylynn left swiftly afterwards, her temper will get in the way for her one day, mark my words. Arkaela and i spent some time in the dorms of the academy talking about oneanother, and of her past with intelligence. The next day i encountered my master and crusader Rhyylynn by the statue of the late Darth Marr( curious how he and i always meet there. ) and Rhyylynn brought this matter up. Aricev was inclined to agree with her for the most part, and bade me to give those of higher rank, regardless of their importance, the respect they were due. It was no greater trouble, a few formal statements, bowing down a bit, this "respect" that was requested was really just a formality. After the matter was resolved, she asked me if i would wish to "redeem" myself in a sparring match, an interesting proposal, and it would allow me to show to my master, and to Rhyylynn, what i was made of.

We met by the arena, Lords Vhexra and Aricev observing, along with a few acolytes, on the battle that ensued. Her defences were far superior in comparison to my ability to attack, but i only agreed to the duel so that i could study her technique. It took a while, but a pattern could be seen eventually, i took a major beating, she had more experience in combat and was already able to utilise Jar'kai properly in combat. I knew that i would lose, but i held my ground. Longer than i thought i would. Much longer than i thought i would. Rhyylynn and i had actually fought once before, in a format similiar to the match i had against Vhexra. I have learned a lot since then, and i could breach through her armor and get some good hits in, had i not been beaten down so early i might have been able to do a bit more. When i was defeated i was bleeding, but i yet stood there, defiant of my opponent. I was commended, not only by my master but by Rhyylynn herself. My potential was greater than anticipated according to Aricev, and Rhyylynn believes that i will one day be able to strike her down. This day has proven something to me.

I was a force to be reckoned with.
Attached Images
HbIlWOc.png
Posted Mar 12, 16 · OP
Empire
Entry 15: Cause and Effect.

My fingers are still freezing, writing this entry will not be as quick as i would have hoped. But here it goes:

Upon this day, i was summoned by my Master Aricev, and he suggested that i was to bring clothes that were appropriate for warm climates, as we would be partaking in a "field mission", i did as he suggested (which was a bad idea, in hindsight) and dressed myself with some basic civilian clothes, a sleeved shirt and a pair of pants that did little to insulate heat, and upon being fully redressed, we were off to Aricevs shuttle. While on the ship, he told me to wait in the hallway, as he got us to the planet we needed to be on for the training. As he was tinkering with the navigation in the cockpit, i was sitting on a couch (which was made of metal) and waited diligently. As i waited, a man appeared, dressed in slave rags and had a shackle between his feet. I never figured my master for a slave owner, i abhor slavery and i tried to treat the man better than i reckon some of Aricevs other guests have. Upon asking me wether or not i would wish for some refreshments, i asked him, if i could utilise the container the drink was in however i wished, if it was given to me. He looked a bit sceptical, and never looked me in the eye, but he said yes. And as such, i bade him to pour up some Corellian red, a fine brandy. I took only a small sip from the glass, and gave the rest to the man. He seemed thankful, and indulged himself with the drink, shortly after our exchange the ship had landed on the space station above the planet. And upon entering the space station i noticed,on a large sign on the wall, in big gleaming aurabesh letters:

"Hoth"

A clever deception by my master, he had not explicitly ordered me to bring clothes for warm climates, it was only a suggestion on his part, and he then told me not to trust people blindly, not even him. We spoke for a little while on the station, and then we ventured upon a shuttle headed straight to the planet surface. The goal? For me to survive the cold, the deception was necessary in order to make me as susceptible to the cold as possible. We traversed the cold wastes for what felt like ages, with biting cold following my every step, and came upon a lone Tauntaun. He simply crouched down, signaled for me to do the same, and gave me a knife. He told me that i needed to kill the tauntaun to survive, he needed not say any more than that. I snuck off towards the animal, masking my steps by only walking when the wind was blowing. It had its back turned towards me and was completely oblivious to the knife it got in its side, fairly certain i punctured the lung, it made a wheezing noise, the kind you only hear when your lungs are not doing what they should be doing. As i did not want the poor thing to suffer, i stabbed it once more to kill it off. The next step was to skin it, a process that would take time, enough time to attract a Wampa to the area. And, as any predator would do, it started searching for source of the scent (Tauntaun insides have a very pungent smell). I would have panicked, if i wasn't as cold as i was, the only way for me to survive the cold was to crouch in to the now (mostly) empty tauntaun carcass, so i tried to haul it up the way i came. Aricev could not be seen due to the snow blowing with the wind, and while hauling the thing its legs got stuck on an old probe droid, somehow i accidentally activated the droid, and it let off a loud alarm. I thought that i was done for by then.

But not quite, i heard a blaster being fired, a loud "thump" could be heard when the wampa hit the ground, i looked back upon the dead beast, and then when i looked in front of me, i saw the same slave that Aricev had on his ship, donning the garb of an Imperial Agent. This entire training exercise had been one big lie, the purpose was to teach me that everything i did and said could have consequences in the future, and for treating the man well i was rewarded with thick furs to wrap around my body so that i would survive. We left the world after that, and i had never been happier to be done with training before in my entire life.

Will need to be wary in the future.
Attached Images
HbIlWOc.png
Posted Mar 12, 16 · OP
Empire
Entry 16: Home

Ahh, Alderaan, we have been separated for far too long. Upon this day, my stay in the Dominion has led me back to where my journey began. For this special occasion i brought Canderous with me, he had to stay by the local Thul spaceport for the duration of the mission however. Lord Vhexra gave us a seemingly simple task, we were to escort a "count" of the Alderaanian Noble Houses to a safe location, many of us acolytes had gathered there, even Lord Delahia was there, she survived her imprisonment and has furthermore been force-bound to Lord Renika, a prefferable fate in the end. When i arrived i could use my formal Thul Robe that i have been storing away for the longest time, it felt good to be home again. I could see a gathering of Acolytes and Sith in front of me, when i arrived at the meeting spot where we would meet this supposed Count. My fellow apprentice Militius, who was there aswell, proposed a worthy formation so that the escort mission would go smoothly: Me and Acolyte Spectrine were to protect the count in the middle of the formation, with Talarian in the rear, Militius would lead the group forward, and Hittakatte aswell as a Cathar acolyte i had not seen before would scout ahead.

The mission went smoothly for the most part, the most memorable encounter was when we had just left the perimeter of Castle Thul, in the Kaamos territory. We met a local nobleman, he approached our group and was looking to join us for the sake of protection. I do not think anyone trusted him, foul play was always at stake when dealing with nobles, so i broke position for a time, much to the visible dismay of my fellow apprentice, to speak with this nobleman. I told him to tell the local soldiers over at Castle Thul that i had sent him, and he would be afforded a worthy escort, a valuable proposition that no real noble would decline, however, the man we saw was no real noble. Since he could not wriggle his way out of the conversation nor convince us to bring him along, he revealed himself as an assassin. A battle ensued, and with a second assassin having arrived on the scene, i fell back to protect the count, who had thrown himself on the ground. The assassins were outmatched, even before we had recieved reinforcements, Acolyte Noviran and the Lords Ax'zl and Renika joined the fray in order to help protect the count. Upon the conclusion of our mission however, it was revealed that this entire mission was engineered in order to make us cooperate as a group, the Count was the one that ordered the "assassins" to attack in the first place. I was lucky to not be encountered by any Rist assassins while staying on Alderaan. With the mission out of the way, i had time to look into some personal matters.

I went back to the Rhy Caenus spaceport to bring Canderous so that we could visit my old home again. My fathers estate was completely devoid of him, Mother was there, and she was immensely delighted to see me. To be truthful i did not know how i would feel when i met her, but it was a good moment to be reunited for a time. With father gone she had taken to managing both our familys politics and to maintaining the estate. The rest was mostly the same however, same old Guard Captain Sheruk. Same old Soldiers patrolling, no major renovations of the estate or the surrounding grounds. And the servants were not replaced in my absense. It felt, surreal, in a way. But sadly i could not linger for too long, i was searching specifically for Father, Mother said that the Sith came about and were searching for him. As our estate was now ( by my mothers initiative, and protected by Alderaanian law) a Baliss estate, the Empire had no jurisdiction to search for my father on our grounds without angering House Thul, nor could they accuse my Mother or our family of any sort of crime without sufficient proof. And i have a feeling that only very few individuals know what my father has actually done. My Mother does not know, the Imperials and Sith on Korriban didn't know, but the people that DO know, are still looking for him. But for now, atleast my Mother is safe.

I however, could still be apprehended, Alderaanian law does little in the rest of the galaxy.
Attached Images
HbIlWOc.png
Posted Mar 12, 16 · OP
Empire
Entry 17: The Past and the Present.

I have had a very diverse time with the Dominion, always something interesting going on that catches my attention in between training. Today was a good example of this, i spent much of the earlier hours of the day speaking to Lord Renika of her perception of Malgus, and wether or not the Empire would be better off if he had not betrayed it. She commended me for imagining history from a different perspective, and we talked for a long while. We never did reach a conclusion as to wether or not that was the case, but discussed the repercussions of his actions and we both agreed that his timing and execution of his rebellion was bad. He spread himself and his forces too thin, and attacked far too soon, trying to do too many things at once. Had he only spent more time preparing his forces and his powerbase for his attack, it could have changed the outcome of the battle severely. It should be said however, that he ultimately succeeded with his goal, even if he severely weakened the Empire in the process. He wanted the Empire to adapt to the greater galaxy, to not stay rooted in ancient dogma, he preached that all beings would have the right to be considered a true part of the Empire. For alien initiates to join their fellows on Korriban as equals, and for aliens on imperial worlds to gain the benefits of imperial citizenship. And even though his defeat was absolute, he managed to force the Empire into a situation where adapting to his views was the only reliable option of survival.

Quite a long conversation, and an interesting subject. The Chiss woman, Arkaela, came by when i was still speaking with Lord Renika, and the subject changed to more day-to-day things. The three of us talked about past events concerning Crusader Rhyylynn, and of our progress. She is an interesting individual to be sure, still not convinced that she is supposed to be Sith, but i have a feeling that she will embrace the Force when she realises its potential. She cited me as one of the more helpful acolytes in the academy, and i appreciate that, i try my best to help those around me to succeed, it is only proper, two succesful Sith are better than just one, no? Towards the end of our talk, Lord Renika posed to the two of us, an interesting question, which word from the Sith code described how we felt, and why? Arkaela answered "Passion", because she was passionate of everything she did, and her dedication would help her succeed. An appropriate answer, i however answered differently, i chose the word "Free". As the conversation concluded i spent a bit of time reading through the archives, thinking back on what i said to Lord Renika and Arkaela, and why i answered like i did. From the very beginning the Force felt like a burden to me, it meant that i would leave my sheltered life as a Nobleman and eventually be thrust in to a damp temple somewhere and likely die, My father told me that an academy would never come into question, that he would have his Sith contact (the same one that abandoned me on Korriban) train me if need be. That is not what happened however, but upon coming into contact with the Dominion, i learned that the Force was not a chain that held you in place, it is like a room, that constanly expands as your understanding of it increases. I would be limited not by what happens to me, but by my potential. Realising this, and looking back on past events, i knew that what i answered was true.

I knew that the force had freed me.
Attached Images
HbIlWOc.png
Posted Mar 12, 16 · OP
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Empire
Entry 18: New Acquaintances

Our intelligence branch is quite impressive from what i have seen, many diverse personalities are on display within their ranks, after conversing with Arkaela and Lord Renika, i encountered a man by the Academy entrance whom i had never met prior to that day. He identified himself as "Korbin", wether that is his actual name is none of my concern. He was the new intelligence recruit, he signed up for the Dominions intelligence division to escape his prior career, which seemed to consist of terminal work for the most part. His wish was to do something more useful with his time and i believe that the Dominion is the way to go in this regard. He seemed to only say what was necessary, and mostly spoke only when addressed, an interesting trait for an Intelligence asset. Whilst speaking with Korbin several other individuals turned up, Tansark of the 45th, the same armored soldier that helped Darth Cruxx apprehend Crusader Xapher came about to speak with the two of us, i appreciate that he speaks so informally and freely, even to Sith. It was a refreshing experience, he did not linger for long though as it seemed as if he needed to be somewhere else. Another intelligence member, Shacko, arrived on the scene, he and i have spoken atleast once before. Acolyte Talarian arrived by the entrance aswell. He was a decent man, and a good fighter, aggressive in combat, i knew this since we dueled once before, but had to end it prematurely due to the whole debacle with Lord Delahia.

The last person we met was a man whom Talarian called "Brother".He was an odd fellow with a cybernetic implant grafted into the top of his skull, and he referred to the probe droid that followed him around as "Sister". He seemed to put the others on edge initially, but it was obvious that he was no threat, despite his monotone and curious demeanor. He spoke in very simple sentences, and i believe that his implant was somehow connected to the probe droid, they seemed to be linked through it. He asked me (whilst poking my cybernetic eye and standing extremely close to me) where my "sister" was, unsure of how to respond, i improvised, and told him that my "sister" (my families serving droid, which was a probe) was back home, and couldn't come with me. He seemed to accept this answer, and apologised for standing so close. Before he left us he asked "Sister" to repair Acolyte Talarians cybernetic hand, it had started to twitch a while earlier. I presume that he wanted to see that everything was alright with his hand after having it fixed, because he asked me for a friendly duel right after that. Naturally, i accepted.

Korbin and Shacko decided to tag along to watch the battle, i did not mind their presence, they were good company and having a crowd was always nice when one was fighting. When we reached the arena, i felt completely at peace, i do not know if that is a good feeling for a Sith Acolyte to feel upon preparing for a duel with an equal. But as we commenced, the feeling did not cease to be, rather, it turned into something more. His force attacks could not reach me, none of his attacks went through my defenses. I parried and dodged all of his strikes, resisted his force-enhanced shout, not even when striking with all of his inner rage could he hit me. I felt untouchable. He yielded early, the battle was over before it had started in earnest, he took his defeat rather well though and felt as if i was worthy of his respect due to me besting him in battle.

What if i could call upon this power whenever i wished to?
Attached Images
HbIlWOc.png
Posted Mar 14, 16 · OP
Empire
This is not an entry, i found this page in my journal, and it looks as if it has been ripped from another book, no idea where it came from or who put this page here, but this is what it says:

The balance has shifted. It has been shifting for a long time, no longer can the Empire and Republic see themselves as the most influential forces in the known galaxy, as such it henceforth falls upon your shoulders, and the shoulders of those like you, to combat the threat that is Zakuul. Your victory is improbable, your suffering, a guarantee. But i know you, and i know that you are resourceful enough to find what you need. In fact, you already have.

This "Dominion" you have located shall be a stepping stone in the right direction, its purpose to you is to provide you with the power and the allies that are needed to fulfill this Destiny. Your master is but a piece in the puzzle, events will sort through the ones that will truly be there to assist in this matter, but you must not get complacent, every source of information, every teacher you can find, any weapon, any ally, USE them. FIND them, and gather them somewhere safe.

You have been entrusted with this task, because i have sensed your potential, i KNOW that you will be the equalizing force that is needed to shift the Balance in the galaxy once more I KNOW that elements of the "Dominion" will come to your aid, and soon, Acolyte, you will ascend to a position of importance beyond your wildest imaginations.

Your opposition within your "Dominion" will be great, the challenges you face will be difficult to overcome, but you shall tower above them, as you have towered over so many in the past, it is time for you to realise this potential.

The ink is purple, for whatever reason, and the pages author is referring to me as if i am some Doom-driven hero from a badly written storybook. None of this makes any sense in the slightest, perhaps Lord Renika or Master Aricev could help in locating the perpetrator, for now i can only speculate about the purpose of this page, and how the content of said page will affect the dominion from this moment onward. I am no conqueror, nor am i important in the grand scheme of things, and i will not be able to "tower above" my so called opposition within the Dominion, whatever that means.

I guess we will have to see what the future holds, but for now, i must meditate on this.
Attached Images
HbIlWOc.png
Posted Mar 14, 16 · OP
Page
of 10
NoticeNotices