Star Forge
Upcoming Events
HoloNet Feed
Drawing Board Feed
Latest Threads
Dulfy RSS
Donations
Container minimized. Expand
HoloTracker: Include (1) Character's In-Game Name, (2) Faction, and (3) Location
HoloTracker [1333]
Sun at 1:12
A bounty hunter in armor of vaguely-Mandalorian style has been spotted shopping on the Promenade. He appears to be looking for infant-sized clothes. (Eksa [alt code 0228 on the "a"] Bendak, Empire, Nar Shaddaa instance 3, coordinates X -1083 Y -712)
Sun at 2:45
The hunter has made his purchases and departed.
You do not have access to chat.
Welcome to HoloTracker

Working...

Page
of 2

Resolved [Feedback] Information Overload

14 replies
Vivek x
Banned users
So there's been a fair amount of discussion in recent months regarding the website's plethora of information and resources, either with regards to visibility or invisibility, or placement and balancing clutter, or any all of the above. Yes, I will be the first to admit that there is a lot of content and not enough real estate to display it all, or hell, there may be a disconnect in prioritizing what is and isn't important, leading to a lot of unnecessary clutter. It's far and in-between, and the reality is that we're not going to make everyone happy with their browsing experience, but that does not mean we can't have any discussion to find an acceptable compromise that satisfies the majority.

The Poll aside, I want to throw up an idea of having a weekly pop-up or something to highlight a feature of the website or a resource that may go unnoticed simply because things have a tendency to be buried, or people are too lazy or don't have the time to truly explore all the website has to offer. Good idea, that may lead to discovering something you didn't know existed; or bad idea, adding more to the already present clutter?
I think the website's content display is fine as is; balanced enough.
0 votes
0%
Indifferent. Here for something specific; could care less about anything else.
0 votes
0%
I think the website's content display is too much/too little; needs change.
0 votes
0%
Number of voters: 0
Posted Jan 24, 16 · OP · Last edited Oct 26, 16
Empire
I am fine with the content, but I don't want popups. Popups are annoying, only do them on really really important stuff, like a server rollback or maintenance or patch.
w40k%20player.jpg
Posted Jan 26, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Vivek x
Banned users
Bumping!

Also, as far as the pop-up thing goes, it doesn't necessarily have to be a traditional pop-up -- there's a forum announcement function that appears at the top of the forum module that can still be X'd out of upon reading. Not nearly as annoying as a pop-up that's crowding your screen, but still wanted to throw that in there as an option for those on the fence, have yet to comment, or willing to reconsider.
Posted Jan 28, 16 · OP
Donor
Neutral
One of the prime reasons I chose EBHawk as my 'go to' communication with the server is the organization, layout and plethora of information provided. As both an Illustrator and Professional Graphic Designer, I found 90% of the site cleanly designed, the information easily obtainable, streamlined and wonderfully organized. It's not cluttered, slow or hard to find anything compared to other community websites.

If you would like pop-ups, I would do it upon the first visit to the website. Direct them to a single thread with a large listing of various informative threads, helpful links, etc. A "cheat sheet" of sorts. I've done something similar for my guild's community when new members are accepted. They see it once, click the close button and never see it again.

Of course... you will ALWAYS have people too lazy to even bother to go looking for things regardless of what you do or not. I will say that this is one of the most organized and informative enjins I have seen in a very long time. I appriciate the hard work to the folks who have taken the time to put it all together. I love the cleanliness.
Luni_new_sig2_zps991f7af2.jpg
Guild Leader of Penumbral

patreon_luniara_button_zpsfqvgspte.png
❤ Exclusive WIPS/sketches/doodles and other art
❤ uncensored NSFW art
❤ High res downloads & wallpapers
❤ Free merch!
❤ Tutorials, Step-by-steps, resources (textures, PSDs, brushes, patterns), and tips
❤ Private livestreams, including doodle requests
❤ Front row seat to the creation of Tempest Oak & first access to all pages created
❤ LOVE!
Posted Jan 28, 16 · Last edited Jan 28, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Vivek x
Banned users
Morning bump. Two days left to vote and give your feedback.
Posted Jan 29, 16 · OP
Vivek x
Banned users
The poll has closed. It will remain open for one week for further discussion.

As per the poll results, nothing will change. Given that the idea of a pop-up of some sort to highlight aspects of the website, and its wide array of content/resources, was not featured in the poll, it is encouraged people continue to reply with their thoughts on the matter.
Posted Jan 31, 16 · OP
Page
of 2
NoticeNotices