Star Forge
Upcoming Events
HoloNet Feed
Drawing Board Feed
Latest Threads
Dulfy RSS
Donations
Container minimized. Expand
HoloTracker: Include (1) Character's In-Game Name, (2) Faction, and (3) Location
HoloTracker [1391]
You do not have access to chat.
Welcome to HoloTracker

Working...

Page
of 5

Sith Sorcery Guide and Directory

49 replies
Empire
I apologize if this has been posted already. Internet misbehaves when I'm signed in-game and I haven't gone back to look at previous pages, they take a while to load. :( There were a couple entries in the Book of Sith that dealt with Jedi attitudes to Sith magic that I remember reading about. Lemme see if I can find them.
Mace Windu: The Sith perversion of living things violates the very essence of the Force. Life creates it, allows us to tap its potential. We obey its will - not the other way around. We are parts of the organism, not its breeders. In the end, we are living beings, too.

Luke Skywalker: Members of isolated Force traditions have similar rituals. I'm convinced that all such requirements for using the Force are unnecessary.

Mace Windu: The Jedi have no need for such rituals.

Emperor Palpatine: This is the most outrageous thing I have ever read! With their Council, their trials, their ranks, and their Temple, the Jedi are nothing but ritual.
Posted Feb 23, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
I wouldn't say the Jedi think they live under the Force. They live with it.

Co-existance with Earth within Earth, requires you to live UNDER it's laws.

We are saying the same thing.
Expanded Universe Enthusiast

3438983.jpg
Posted Feb 23, 16
Banned users
ʟɪʙʀɑʀʏ x Isn't force lighting Magic that needs to be practice and is actually hell'a hard to do?

And the Jedi don't have anything to rival except maybe healing because well...

Jedi: Force is my ally and I exist under it.

Sith: The force is a tool to be use, manipulated and overpowered.

Two different philosophies.

Force Lightning is not something conjured by Sith Magic, but an ability born from the Dark Side of the Force.

It's a difficult technique to master, with beginners not being able to create more than a few sparks, compared to a full blown torrent by a master. The power and intensity behind the attack are fed by several things, namely: Their strength in the Force, the Dark Side, and their emotions.
Posted May 18, 16 · OP
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Banned users
Updated. Format editing.
Posted Sep 16, 16 · OP
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
I actually have a question regarding the 'notable practitioners' bit.

When you add RP characters to a list of Force user such as Vitiate or Naga Sadow, don't you think it gives the impression that they are somewhat on the same page as some of the most influential Sith that have ever existed in canon? I can't help but do a double take when I see someone's character mentioned on the same list as the Sith Emperor.

And the other question regarding that is how is it, exactly, decided? I mean what determines which roleplay characters are 'notable' magic users and which aren't? Popularity within the community, how powerful the characters are, connections? I mean, don't get me wrong, but I know plenty of people that play practitioners of Sith magic and have for some time, but are not on the list. Is it personal experience/friendship based? It could give the impression to people that these characters are more 'valid' or 'powerful' than anything they could make because they're on the list.

If this were also a directory, I think it would be perfectly fine, where everyone and anyone could post their Sith magic users, but adding two friends and yourself to an already comprehensive list of canonical magic users and thus essentially raising them above the rest of the community/excluding all others seems a bit sketchy?
I have a thing for walls of text.
Posted Sep 16, 16 · Last edited Sep 16, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Banned users
I actually have a question regarding the 'notable practitioners' bit.

When you add RP characters to a list of Force user such as Vitiate or Naga Sadow, don't you think it gives the impression that they are somewhat on the same page as some of the most influential Sith that have ever existed in canon? I can't help but do a double take when I see someone's character mentioned on the same list as the Sith Emperor.

And the other question regarding that is how is it, exactly, decided? I mean what determines which roleplay characters are 'notable' magic users and which aren't? Popularity within the community, how powerful the characters are, connections? I mean, don't get me wrong, but I know plenty of people that play practitioners of Sith magic on this list and have for some time, but are not on the list. Is it personal experience/friendship based? It could give the impression to people that these characters are more 'valid' or 'powerful' than anything they could make because they're on the list.

If this were also a directory, I think it would be perfectly fine, where everyone and anyone could post their Sith magic users, but adding two friends and yourself to an already comprehensive list of canonical magic users and thus essentially raising them above the rest of the community/excluding all others seems a bit sketchy?

You are absolutely correct. At the time I made this, I was split between making an actual directory as well, and decided to be a bit silly and just throw it all together in that spoiler tag section. It's not meant to be a power trip sort of thing. I personally know Librarian wouldn't be able to fight and take on a few people on that list, but I can see where the confusion stems from.

I thought I had explained that in the disclaimer, but I see now I did not. I will remedy this by making a separate tag section strictly for player characters. It might turn into a directory, if enough people come to me wanting to use it. I would be fine maintaining it.
Posted Sep 16, 16 · OP
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Banned users
The player directory has been added.

It is a basic format right now, but I will tweak it later if it happens to get too long. Now, if you have a character that practices Sith Sorcery, simply leave a reply below with the following information:

Character Name     
                                                                             Aspect Speciality
                                                                              In-Game Name

Aspect specialty refers to the several facets of Sith Sorcery. If your character specializes in one area, or is the most skilled in one area, that is what would be placed there. The areas are: Physical Aspect, Mental Aspect, Healing Aspect, Enchantment, Aspect, Necromancy Aspect, Twisting Life Aspect. Please provide a picture or screenshot of your character, and a dossier if they have one.
Posted Sep 17, 16 · OP
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Empire
Name: Darth Malazin
Aspect Speciality: Healing
In-Game Name: Malazin
Spoiler: ImageShow
Posted Sep 17, 16 · Last edited Sep 17, 16
Empire
Name: Darth Exatis