Star Forge
Upcoming Events
HoloNet Feed
Drawing Board Feed
Latest Threads
Dulfy RSS
Donations
Container minimized. Expand
HoloTracker: Include (1) Character's In-Game Name, (2) Faction, and (3) Location
HoloTracker [1333]
Sun at 1:12
A bounty hunter in armor of vaguely-Mandalorian style has been spotted shopping on the Promenade. He appears to be looking for infant-sized clothes. (Eksa [alt code 0228 on the "a"] Bendak, Empire, Nar Shaddaa instance 3, coordinates X -1083 Y -712)
Sun at 2:45
The hunter has made his purchases and departed.
You do not have access to chat.
Welcome to HoloTracker

Working...

Page
of 5

Sith Sorcery Guide and Directory

49 replies
Neutral
Anishor wrote:
A shame you can count the users of force light on one hand, with three fingers.

I don't think it can be counted as comparable.

Agreed, there's a huge lack of creativity imo in a lot of SW content creators. Instead of coming up with Lightside stuff that's analogous to it, they copy a darkside power and give it a new name like electric fucking justice /gag.

And I think it's perfectly okay that there isn't a lightside parallel for everything.
Having differences makes each side unique and they show the contrast and the personality of the lightside and the dark side.

If I could do the same thing with either side then it lessens the impact of the choice and decisions made. The cost that it would take to do things.

Yep. I mean there probably isn't a darkside equivalent for what yoda did to both Palpi and Dooku's force lightning. Differences are a good thing leads to less homogeneous rp (which is the leading cause of rp erectile dysfunction :p).
Posted Feb 22, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Empire
wrote:
Anishor wrote:
Yep. I mean there probably isn't a darkside equivalent for what yoda did to both Palpi and Dooku's force lightning. Differences are a good thing leads to less homogeneous rp (which is the leading cause of rp erectile dysfunction :p).

Yoda used Tutaminis to absorb the lightning, which Darth Vader has used multiple times, most notably when Han shot at him in Cloud City.... so that specific ability isn't related to one side or the other :p
ejgaib.jpg
Posted Feb 22, 16
Neutral
wrote:
Anishor wrote:

Yoda used Tutaminis to absorb the lightning, which Darth Vader has used multiple times, most notably when Han shot at him in Cloud City.... so that specific ability isn't related to one side or the other :p

I would classify them as different, vader is also more deflecting if I recall. Yoda absorbs sith lightning :p
Posted Feb 22, 16
Empire
No vader completely absorbs han's blaster shots on cloud city its the same thing
Vph71bq.gif
Posted Feb 22, 16
Empire
I did read it was his crushgaunt simply being mandalorian iron that "nope"-d the blaster fire. Mind that's propably just legends and thus not canon any more.
w40k%20player.jpg
Posted Feb 22, 16 · Last edited Feb 22, 16
Empire
The blaster shots clearly impact vader's hands. They aren't absorbed. His hands are just both cybernetic. Yoda actually absorbs energy. So there's something different happening.
Posted Feb 22, 16
Empire
Having just looked at the scene again I want to point out that Avarice is correct, the blasts do visibly impact with Vader's hands. You can see sparks and vapour.

At least in the version I'm looking at. I don't have different versions (such as the original 1980 release) to compare and say definitively "this is a consistent thing we see across all versions of that scene". Mind you, that might just be a special effects limitation.

That said, that doesn't mean there was no energy absorption going on. Cybernetics or not, four direct blaster shots to the hands should make a mess -- yet what we see is that Vader isn't in the least bit affected. So I think it's possible that he is absorbing that energy, and the sparks and vapour that we see are the result of blaster bolts not being pure energy in the first place.

Yoda absorbing Force lightning, on the other hand, is firstly something we see in films from 2002 and 2005 (so of course special effects will have improved drastically), and secondly that's a pure energy attack. The only thing we see that isn't lightning is the glowy blue thing around Yoda's hand. :p
Posted Feb 23, 16 · Last edited Feb 23, 16
In addition, Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker were both able to block blaster bolts with their bare hands,[25][26] a talent the latter displayed after his fall to the dark side of the Force when he absorbed Han Solo's blaster shots during their meeting on Cloud City.[5]

He 'absorbs' them, using the Tutaminis skill, so it has nothing to do with his cybernetic gauntlets.
Posted Feb 23, 16 · Last edited Feb 23, 16
ʟɪʙʀɑʀʏ Isn't force lighting Magic that needs to be practice and is actually hell'a hard to do?

And the Jedi don't have anything to rival except maybe healing because well...

Jedi: Force is my ally and I exist under it.

Sith: The force is a tool to be use, manipulated and overpowered.

Two different philosophies.
Expanded Universe Enthusiast

3438983.jpg
Posted Feb 23, 16
Republic
I wouldn't say the Jedi think they live under the Force. They live with it.
p5EFBTv.jpg
Posted Feb 23, 16
Page
of 5
NoticeNotices