Star Forge
Upcoming Events
HoloNet Feed
Drawing Board Feed
Latest Threads
Dulfy RSS
Donations
Container minimized. Expand
HoloTracker: Include (1) Character's In-Game Name, (2) Faction, and (3) Location
HoloTracker [1333]
Sun at 1:12
A bounty hunter in armor of vaguely-Mandalorian style has been spotted shopping on the Promenade. He appears to be looking for infant-sized clothes. (Eksa [alt code 0228 on the "a"] Bendak, Empire, Nar Shaddaa instance 3, coordinates X -1083 Y -712)
Sun at 2:45
The hunter has made his purchases and departed.
You do not have access to chat.
Welcome to HoloTracker

Working...

Page
of 5

Sith Sorcery Guide and Directory

49 replies
Donor
Neutral
wrote:
wrote:
Do you plan to write a guide to Jedi/the power of the Light side aswell?

The Jedi do not have anything that would mirror Sith Magic. They merely use the Light Side of the Force. I could do guides on the Light and Dark Side, but I thought players would have already had a good grasp on those.

Closest is force Light.

You are correct, though that is a single technique, where as Sith Magic is an expression of Force manipulation through the Dark Side.
Posted Jan 17, 16 · OP
Neutral
Yep, but then again Force Light can have multiple applications. Such as imbuing objects, cleansing darkside corruption, countering sorcery, anti-possession/domination, making darkside forcers ill, and of course blinding hot twi'lek Sith ;)
Posted Jan 17, 16 · Last edited Jan 17, 16
Neutral
Well there was some things I didn't know that Sith could do but I just wanted to know if there was something force-users that are light-sided that could do that I didn't already know about. *shrug*?
Posted Jan 18, 16
Donor
Neutral
wrote:
Well there was some things I didn't know that Sith could do but I just wanted to know if there was something force-users that are light-sided that could do that I didn't already know about. *shrug*?

I will see what I can do.
Posted Jan 19, 16 · OP
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Neutral
This was a very interesting and informative read. Thank you!
Posted Feb 22, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Donor
Empire
A shame you can count the users of force light on one hand, with three fingers.

I don't think it can be counted as comparable.
Posted Feb 22, 16
Neutral

Agreed, there's a huge lack of creativity imo in a lot of SW content creators. Instead of coming up with Lightside stuff that's analogous to it, they copy a darkside power and give it a new name like electric fucking justice /gag.
Posted Feb 22, 16
Empire
Considering how my Sith lives and exsists to influence the hearts and minds of the people (Sphere of Influence) this guide works very well to help develop his abilities. ʟɪʙʀɑʀʏ keeping it real with the fun stuff. Thank you for this.
Posted Feb 22, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Empire
Lightside users can also use "the circle of the small". It can manipulate life/objects at the molecular level by influencing them with the force. A Jedi uses it to make her tears cure a disease in the Star Wars comics. The White Current is also pretty comparable to a lot of Sith Magic/Alchemy powers. As for Sith not being able to bring back the dead. That happens all the time. There's plenty of story lines where dead Sith spirits inhabit a new host. Or of Sith body jumping. If the spirit can be grasped from someone or conjured and placed in a new vessel that's essentially raising the dead. There's also "Sith Zombies" which could be a more figurative version of bringing back the dead.
Posted Feb 22, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Donor
Empire
Anishor wrote:

Agreed, there's a huge lack of creativity imo in a lot of SW content creators. Instead of coming up with Lightside stuff that's analogous to it, they copy a darkside power and give it a new name like electric fucking justice /gag.

And I think it's perfectly okay that there isn't a lightside parallel for everything.
Having differences makes each side unique and they show the contrast and the personality of the lightside and the dark side.

If I could do the same thing with either side then it lessens the impact of the choice and decisions made. The cost that it would take to do things.
Posted Feb 22, 16
Page
of 5
NoticeNotices