Star Forge
Upcoming Events
HoloNet Feed
Drawing Board Feed
Latest Threads
Dulfy RSS
Donations
Container minimized. Expand
HoloTracker: Include (1) Character's In-Game Name, (2) Faction, and (3) Location
HoloTracker [1390]
You do not have access to chat.
Welcome to HoloTracker

Working...

Resolved [Suggestion] Guild Apprenticeship System

3 replies
Empire
Wouldn't it be neat if there could be a registry of guilds willing to put in a certain kind of time and dedication, training new RP'ers to prepare them for their eventual home in another guild?

For instance -- that Mando guild that has their lore on lockdown and produces quality RP'ing Mandos, or that Chiss guild that is renowned for their stature and quality -- what if these kind of guilds could be selected from a list by other guild leaders, to send their members on a week of "training", hooked up via the website somehow?

It should be made clear that it would require a lot of effort and time on behalf of the training guild -- and that members be returned when the training period is up. It would require a lot of trust, if it could work at all, but it would recognize and reinforce the strengths of groups in the community, and increase the reasons for guilds to rely on each other -- and strengthen our ALLIANCES.

Edit: I thought of this 'cause I got a few new Chiss members, and thought it would be neat if I could send them to a certain neat Chiss guild for training and get them back as a Chiss Liaison.
Posted Oct 23, 15 · OP · Last edited Oct 26, 16
Jawa-Appro...
List
Undo
Vivek x
Banned users
While I most certainly agree with the notion of referring to people we feel have a good grasp of the Lore, formally recognizing any one in that capacity on the website means we have to formally recognize those individuals as an authority (of sorts). I don't think I need to remind anyone how well that turned out in the past. That's something I don't think the EBHawk Staff can consciously support without people feeling like we're controlling their role play (at least any more than a few people like to think we do).

If nothing else, if you, personally, wish to recognize these people as experts, authority figures, or whatever, then you are most certainly welcome to refer whoever you like to them. Word of mouth (or even your own thread) is going to be your best option seeing this through.
Posted Oct 23, 15
Empire
I wasn't saying to recognize anyone as anything -- allow guilds who understand the implications of offering themselves up for that, to be on a list. I suspect you'd only get a few when guilds realize what exactly it entails. It'd be as authoritative as the current guides marked with official designation.
Posted Oct 23, 15 · OP
Vivek x
Banned users
The current guides are listed as [Lore], [Game], ect. for the sake of search functionalities. Anyone is welcome to make a guide, just as anyone (yourself) is allowed to set up a thread to do exactly what you're proposing. I do not believe it requires any endorsement or special permissions from the EBHawk staff to accomplish. In which case, your idea may be better served in the Drawing Board?
Posted Oct 23, 15
NoticeNotices